New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

I think you're making too much of that. All that means is that the guy "presented a case" and Woody believed him. Imo, it's just Bleedin' rationalizing the action into the storyline while making it look different than the regular scum NK.

+ 1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as we're throwing out wild ideas, maybe it's a scum traitor?

+ 1 again... nice

This is what I was thinking when i read the description.. it makes it sound as if someone who had gained the trust of fellow scum went to Woody and spilled the beans.

I think you're making too much out of it. For the sake of the "type" of game it is perhaps it is a vigilante who say works for the Jets FO and told Woody "things" to get JVoR "benched". Until we see a player get killed "during a practice" I think we can assume this is a vig and not a Supercop.

:rl:

I, too, see this fitting in perfectly with the vigilante/serial killer role. One player has the ability to convince Woody to bench other players.

As long as we're throwing out wild ideas, maybe it's a scum traitor?

Never seen an instance of a scum traitor being able to kill scum at night.

This again would be too powerful a role. As, it looks exactly like a SK, but knows all scum, and can eliminate them one by one.

Also, it wouldn't be in the best interest of the traitor to attack so early, because he'd still want to win the game, and his odds are much lower when he's the last scum standing early in the game.

So your suggesting that Jets Thisngs is the robocop?

He did say he'd be doing some sort of fapping/banging tonight.

I think we're looking a wee too much into what the roles "could be". Frankly just think of it within the parameter of the games like sharrow said.

EY -- maybe I'm a bit confused, but with no guess as to who is cop at all, why reveal? Isn't it still about a 15% chance they'd get lucky and snag him? Then that pulls off protection from the Doc on himself if somehow he gets revealed?

Here's my thoughts additionally. The only way it wouldn't be luck would be if the other team has a watcher or role reveal character, right? Well...if the cop claims, then the doc protects, don't they just have to watch like Crusher did last game, to see who visits?

i'm not going to get caught up in this, it's most likely what sharrow said, simply bleedin adding flavor to the game in order to distinguish the two actions. Heck, it could be 2 scum teams again, one that has a "suspend" ability and the other a "bench" ability..

One way to find out, lets get to night phase again and see what happens..

If it's a second scum team or a serial killer, they are going to kill either way, if it's a vig, I suggest he shoots again since he's already 1/1 and this way we'll get more flavor information...

i'm not going to get caught up in this, it's most likely what sharrow said, simply bleedin adding flavor to the game in order to distinguish the two actions. Heck, it could be 2 scum teams again, one that has a "suspend" ability and the other a "bench" ability..

If it's a second scum team or a serial killer, they are going to kill either way, if it's a vig, I suggest he shoots again since he's already 1/1 and this way we'll get more flavor information...

Honestly this early, throwing out guesses trying to grab someone is more likely to get us confused. As with the last game, it's going to work itself out.

EY -- maybe I'm a bit confused, but with no guess as to who is cop at all, why reveal? Isn't it still about a 15% chance they'd get lucky and snag him? Then that pulls off protection from the Doc on himself if somehow he gets revealed?

Here's my thoughts additionally. The only way it wouldn't be luck would be if the other team has a watcher or role reveal character, right? Well...if the cop claims, then the doc protects, don't they just have to watch like Crusher did last game, to see who visits?

I'm not saying the cop should reveal.

And your thoughts on SMC creating and maintaining ROBOCOP?

I think he's trying to sell us some obvious BS.

EY was being facetious regarding SMC's vision of a super cop. He doesn't want our investigator to reveal.

I'd probably prefer he keep it in his pants unless he thinks he's got an excellent read on scum. More info would be good, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of it coming from innocent deaths.

As for flavor, so far we have three dead and none of them have any power role. Are a few vanilla players just unlucky, or can we assume that there's not a lot of power roles in this game?

EY was being facetious regarding SMC's vision of a super cop. He doesn't want our investigator to reveal.

I'd probably prefer he keep it in his pants unless he thinks he's got an excellent read on scum. More info would be good, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of it coming from innocent deaths.

As for flavor, so far we have three dead and none of them have any power role. Are a few vanilla players just unlucky, or can we assume that there's not a lot of power roles in this game?

Yeah I've grabbed that now--I tried to speed read so I could get a couple posts in before leaving for a bit here, my apologies.

I may be teh awesome, but my reading comprehension isn't the best. Remember when I voted Crusher? :P

And your thoughts on SMC creating and maintaining ROBOCOP?

I think he's trying to sell us some obvious BS.

Like I mentioned at the start of this day I'm suspicious of SMC. I don't have any read off of this though. I don't see the angle. If 2 people die tonight and neither one of them are scum, obviously he'll have been proven wrong, what could be be attempting to gain?

If people disagree, I'll vote in that direction though as AVM, SMC, Slats and Dan X are my favorites right now...

Like I mentioned at the start of this day I'm suspicious of SMC. I don't have any read off of this though. I don't see the angle. If 2 people die tonight and neither one of them are scum, obviously he'll have been proven wrong, what could be be attempting to gain?

If people disagree, I'll vote in that direction though as AVM, SMC, Slats and Dan X are my favorites right now...

That's a good point. I'm just weary of the fact that he's obviously selling snake oil, because ROBOCOP is so absurd, and I think he knows it.

Wow, that's such an innocent thing to say. You must be a townie, how wrong I was..

in reality, innocents must die as part of the information gathering phase..

we have 1 scum and 2 roleless. So I don't know yet. This time tomorrow (in game time) we'll have a good feeling assuming 3 more die

That's a good point. I'm just weary of the fact that he's obviously selling snake oil, because ROBOCOP is so absurd, and I think he knows it.

Agreed about that. Maybe he didn't think that far ahead and is just trying to get wild theories out there since the last few games were very unconventional..

Let me go re-read JVOR and see if this was perhaps some kind of strategy..

Final Vote Count:

Jets Babe (9) - AVM, Dan X, slats, Vicious89x, Pac2566, Jets Voice of Reason, WoodyPaige, Doggin94it, CTM

Dan X (2) - EY, Sharrow

slats (1) - JiF

Vicious89x (1) - SMC

SMC (1) - Jets Things

Jets Things (1) - Jets Babe

Going back to my theory on over anxious scum looking for the easy day 1 Jets babe lynch, notice who is in one of the hotspots.. (2/3 of the way through the train)

Dan, slats, vicious are all around the first hot spot, 1/3 through..

And AVM started it.

I think we should coalesce around these 4 guys and if we miss, the vig should shoot another one of them..

I thought of the bolded as well. Just thinking outside the box. The 2 kills doesn't only mean there is a vigilante/serial killer. Your game was an example of that with 3 possible deaths (2 mafia teams + vigilante). If we fall into the pig

The robocop stuff is funny, BTW.

Some interesting JVOR posts

but the initial post said "superstar" :D

It's not a big thing, but I thought Doggin usually votes for person #10 for that reason.

Beginning game, clarifies to Sharrow that it's "superstars" which are scum which is what he was revealed as. SMC also around the time clarifies to AVM that it's "superstars", not coaches or random players

Might not mean anything, as Bleedin did use the term in his opening post, but I can honestly say I didn't retain this so strongly that I would feel compelled to correct someone else, the way SMC and JVOR did..

--------------------------------------------------------

Below is an example of the passive aggressive pushing on jetsbabe that dan and slats were also doing and I mentioned. He is basically throwing a bunch of reasons out there why others should vote her, but never commiting to thinking she's scum. Why? Cause he knew she wasn't! I had this post and another marked and was planning on watching him today, if a vig also picked up on it good work..

Back. I see there isn't a whole lot to catch up on...

Jets Babe has made several posts in other threads and is obviously avoiding this one. Unless something drastic happens it doesn't seem like she's doing much to get me to unvote her. Why bring up the fact that you want to keep playing, get to two votes away from lynch, and then completely disappear? This is also within the window where she said she'd be free...

More passive prodding to vote Jets Babe, and then defense of Slats in favor of AVM:

So is Jets Babe never going to post in the thread again? How is that an appropriate defense?

I can understand suspicion on Slats because there has been a shift in his activity, but I still think AVM's shift has been much more drastic and noticeable. I gave Slats a pass the very 1st day because it was his birthday and I can understand the inactivity there. Since then he has picked it up a little bit but isn't really quite the "figuring out the pieces" that he was last game. But to be fair to him, this game thread has stalled at many points in this game in comparison to last game and there hasn't been terribly much to go on. To be honest, imo JiF should have waited a little bit to see what developed because Slats is clearly going to change his behavior in response to the accusation and we don't learn much from it because he was called out on it early on.

I agree with what's been said about taking this slow especially with no deadline. Like I've said before information gathering is the main goal on Day 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is his full case on AVM, which he was keen to lynch. Distancing? I don't think so. Seems to early to go for a gambit..

It was something I noticed as well, but I wanted to see if there was any development in behavior before I mentioned it. Being a locker room, I was wondering if it was possible that he had some sort of restriction to be the guy who jokes around a lot because if you comb through his posts he's practically making a funny in every post. He's using lots of smileys and his "shhhh" reply to Dan X I found odd. I'm not sure how he is outside of the board but his demeanor is a lot different from the way it was in the past game. What I can't tell right now if it is being scum or whether it is something forced upon him, because it's pretty blatant.

Vote: AVM

btw.. I meta'd JVOR and last game he was an early voter and constant prodder of Sharrow who was his teammate in that game. He also followed doggin onto the sharrow vote, and this game followed me onto AVM. I know JVOR is a student of the game, and this could be him buddying up with experienced/influential players to avoid suspicion.

I won't link to the posts, but go search the thread and it's there.

I'm staying on AVM for the time being...

Going back to my theory on over anxious scum looking for the easy day 1 Jets babe lynch, notice who is in one of the hotspots.. (2/3 of the way through the train)

Dan, slats, vicious are all around the first hot spot, 1/3 through..

And AVM started it.

I think we should coalesce around these 4 guys and if we miss, the vig should shoot another one of them..

Starting the JB train when you put the nail in the coffin to move the game along makes me the scummy one?

Regardless, I'm going to vote: Pac. I quoted a few times already where he seems to be really stretching. Giving a little better answers now, but thats not until people other than myself put a FOS on him.

Yeah I've grabbed that now--I tried to speed read so I could get a couple posts in before leaving for a bit here, my apologies.

I may be teh awesome, but my reading comprehension isn't the best. Remember when I voted Crusher? :P

JVoR made the point before that those who don't need to read carefully are those who already know everything. I know he turned out to be scum, but that argument makes sense to me.

Overall you seem much more carefree this game. Which may be because you're scum, or you're a serial killer. I will go reread your posts from the last game to make sure.

JVoR made the point before that those who don't need to read carefully are those who already know everything. I know he turned out to be scum, but that argument makes sense to me.

Overall you seem much more carefree this game. Which may be because you're scum, or you're a serial killer. I will go reread your posts from the last game to make sure.

Last game was my first, I stayed in the lower 5 of post counts the entire time, and I had a townie role so I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Add that to the fact that I hadn't really posted solidly at JN in over 6 months, and most of you guys weren't around then, it helps knowing people a little better now.

Archived