I love the Yankees, but...

Bob

...they make it damned near impossible for a family to go see a game. I've been looking for tix and any decent seats, even for a blah opponent on a weekday, are ridiculous. We're thinking of going to see the Yanks in Cleveland or Baltimore, instead.

you know my feeling on sporting events--why pay when you can watch on TV?

who wants to risk getting punched from behind by a drunk plumber sitting behind you who's mad that Matsui dropped a flyball or Sanchez just threw a pick

i last went to an MLB game in 2007 and bottles of water were only 5 bucks back then. i bet they're 10 by now.

...they make it damned near impossible for a family to go see a game. I've been looking for tix and any decent seats, even for a blah opponent on a weekday, are ridiculous. We're thinking of going to see the Yanks in Cleveland or Baltimore, instead.

They are supposed to have grandstand tickets deals for weeknights, but when you go to their site you get directed to "best available" no matter what you do.They almost make it easier to take a run to the box office some day when they're on the road.

On option me and a friend took; look at ebay or craigslist and buy a few games in the grandstand as a package. Basically got 7 games, 2 tix for each, for about $5 above face. Don't know what's left, but couldn't hurt to look.

Try to sit in section 210 or around there. $60 face and they are good seats. Yes they are very expensive though, they make it hard to get there.

that's just ridiculous. i looked it up and a box seat at shea in 1986 was 10 bucks. upper deck was like 4 beans. back then you could go to a game with the family and get normal priced beers and hot dogs......now-a-days just for the tickets it costs 240 for a family of four? that's just insane.

that's just ridiculous. i looked it up and a box seat at shea in 1986 was 10 bucks. upper deck was like 4 beans. back then you could go to a game with the family and get normal priced beers and hot dogs......now-a-days just for the tickets it costs 240 for a family of four? that's just insane.

Exactly. The priciest tix in Cleveland are about the same as the cheapest non-nosebleeds at Yankee stadium. We saw the Yanks in Toronto last year and got better seats than I've had for all but one of my trips to Yankee stadium, for a better price.

I've got a kid going to college in the fall and another one two years behind her. I can't be blowing that kind of cash on a ballgame. I bet lots of people are in similar circumstances.

Sure was nice of Hal to drop the price of the $2,500 seats to $1,250, though. What a guy!

Exactly. The priciest tix in Cleveland are about the same as the cheapest non-nosebleeds at Yankee stadium. We saw the Yanks in Toronto last year and got better seats than I've had for all but one of my trips to Yankee stadium, for a better price.

I've got a kid going to college in the fall and another one two years behind her. I can't be blowing that kind of cash on a ballgame. I bet lots of people are in similar circumstances.

Sure was nice of Hal to drop the price of the $2,500 seats to $1,250, though. What a guy!

yeah 1250.......what a guy, lol. i hear ya though. when i was a kid my grandfather and uncles used to take me to a number of ballgames a year. great memories. i'd like to be able to start that sort of tradition with my kids......looks like i 'll have to be doing it at a lakewood blueclaws game instead. maybe i'll be able to take them to one major league game/year. its just too much money.

I would always catch a couple of games a year--about 4-5 Mets games and one or two Yanks games. This year, I haven't even thought about trying to get a ticket to either, and I won't.

Teams that get new stadiums, then turn around and cry poverty can go **** themselves. CoughWoodyJohnson.

Archived