The Girardi countdown has begun

Matt39

Torre lost the team after the 2004 ALCS and Giardi has shown that he pretty much sucks. Any thoughts on who should be the next Yankee manager?

If he's canned now they'd probably promote Tony Pena.

Girardi is an average manager, nothing special but not the worst in MLB. Although I'm getting fed up with seeing Mo come into tie ball games.

Anyway, the real problem with this team is locker room leadership or their lack of. No one on this roster outside of Posada, has any ****ing balls. Jeter being "The Captain" is the biggest crock of sh*t I've ever seen. A captain doesn't just lead by example (uggh!) he grabs guys by the jersey, gets in their face and tells them to start doing their damn jobs.

The Yanks use to bring in savvy wily vets and this worked because they loved the game and wanted to win more then the fans did. I'm not saying Mark Texeira or A-Rod don't want to win but it seems secondary to them.

IMO, until Cashman, who deserves a pink slip much more than Girardi, starts bringing in the right personnel this team will continue to be weak-minded.

Girardi is an average manager, nothing special but not the worst in MLB. Although I'm getting fed up with seeing Mo come into tie ball games.

Anyway, the real problem with this team is locker room leadership or their lack of. No one on this roster outside of Posada, has any ****ing balls. Jeter being "The Captain" is the biggest crock of sh*t I've ever seen. A captain doesn't just lead by example (uggh!) he grabs guys by the jersey, gets in their face and tells them to start doing their damn jobs.

The Yanks use to bring in savvy wily vets and this worked because they loved the game and wanted to win more then the fans did. I'm not saying Mark Texeira or A-Rod don't want to win but it seems secondary to them.

IMO, until Cashman, who deserves a pink slip much more than Girardi, starts bringing in the right personnel this team will continue to be weak-minded.

You're right about the attitude, but wrong about the source. They need leadership and it's Girardi's job to provide it. Empty rah-rah catchprase bull**** is NOT leadership and it's all Clueless Joe has got. It's Herman ****ing Edwards in pinstripes.

You're right about the attitude, but wrong about the source. They need leadership and it's Girardi's job to provide it. Empty rah-rah catchprase bull**** is NOT leadership and it's all Clueless Joe has got. It's Herman ****ing Edwards in pinstripes.

The type of leadership I'm talking about didn't come from Torre either. The difference being that Torre didn't need to be like that because he had enough of that personality in the locker room. Torre actually got kind of lucky because his personality meshed perfectly with that 90's locker room.

Then Cashman started to bring in these ego's who didn't give a damn and Torre needed to be something he wasn't. That's why I blame Cashman/Steinbrenner more than Girardi.

Archived