The Girardi countdown has begun

Matt39

Another absymal perfomance by the "offense" tonight. Its going to start tomorrow.

With the embarrassing opening of the new Stadium followed by this embarrassing perfomance on the field...look for the organization to make a big move....soon.

Never liked him. He's nothing more than a media whore in my opinion.

A bit harsh. I dont think he's horrible. But the team has the same bad habits it had under Torre's last years.

Something is really screwed up with this team. With this much money invested, it's nearly impossible to be this bad.

A bit harsh. I dont think he's horrible. But the team has the same bad habits it had under Torre's last years.

Something is really screwed up with this team. With this much money invested, it's nearly impossible to be this bad.

The Team will go on a run at some point. Too much talent especially pitching wise.

Age and injuries may be a problem but they have been for a couple of years.

As for Girardi, I think he stinks and got too much credit for a under .500 season in Florida. Now I think he is more interested in the interviews and camera time. Probably is too harsh but that's what I get out of him.

Agree 100%.

One guy that seems inmmune is Mr. True Perfect Yankee, Derek Jeter, who right now isn't doing much with the bat, to add to his "Gets by a Diving" Jeter defensive skills. But he's a true Yankee,and to too many fat dumb and happy Yank fans that's what matters.

Cano and Cabrera are back to givng away at bats. Sonnenstine threw stikes early in the count, but both seemed like "Swing at the first pitch" is back in style. Swisher and Matsui are the only guys right now who are grinding and working the count.

Spare me the Torre nonsense though. If as per Mister Torre the postseason is a crapshoot, what's so great about Joe Torre?

Agree 100%.

One guy that seems inmmune is Mr. True Perfect Yankee, Derek Jeter, who right now isn't doing much with the bat, to add to his "Gets by a Diving" Jeter defensive skills. But he's a true Yankee,and to too many fat dumb and happy Yank fans that's what matters.

Cano and Cabrera are back to givng away at bats. Sonnenstine threw stikes early in the count, but both seemed like "Swing at the first pitch" is back in style. Swisher and Matsui are the only guys right now who are grinding and working the count.

Spare me the Torre nonsense though. If as per Mister Torre the postseason is a crapshoot, what's so great about Joe Torre?

Bull****. This is on Girardi. He was not ready for the job and never should have gotten it. He impressed Hank with a lot of Herm Edwards rah-rah bull**** and proceeded to lead an all-star team to an early date on the golf course.

Now, with even more talent, the Girardi incompetence has fully taken hold. He has the whole team messed up.

This stupid son of a bitch needs to be fired NOW.

Booooring. Girardi isn't going anywhere.

It's not Joe's fault that he has the worst bench in baseball, not a single reliever outside of Mo that can be trusted even remotely, that his hitters aren't getting hits with RISP, or that a quarter of his roster is on the DL. I've been a supporter of Cashman for a while now, but now he has a lot of things piling up that he needs answers for, not Girardi.

Meanwhile, it's still the first week in May. Toronto is in first place. Are they going to stay there? Not even close. This Yankee team will go on a run and contend all year. Relax.

Booooring. Girardi isn't going anywhere.

It's not Joe's fault that he has the worst bench in baseball, not a single reliever outside of Mo that can be trusted even remotely, that his hitters aren't getting hits with RISP, or that a quarter of his roster is on the DL. I've been a supporter of Cashman for a while now, but now he has a lot of things piling up that he needs answers for, not Girardi.

Meanwhile, it's still the first week in May. Toronto is in first place. Are they going to stay there? Not even close. This Yankee team will go on a run and contend all year. Relax.

So it is not the coaches fault that all of his team is playing under their ability?

WTF is his job then?

Agree 100%.

Death, Taxes and "Past a diving Jeter".

JBF was a funny mofo.

Bull****. This is on Girardi. He was not ready for the job and never should have gotten it. He impressed Hank with a lot of Herm Edwards rah-rah bull**** and proceeded to lead an all-star team to an early date on the golf course.

Now, with even more talent, the Girardi incompetence has fully taken hold. He has the whole team messed up.

This stupid son of a bitch needs to be fired NOW.

Bob-

Unless Girardi can make Jeter and the bottom of the order hit .300 with OBP approaching .400, you are asking your pitching to do too much. The Yanks even got quality innings from Albaladejo and Ramirez and still couldn't close the deal. The Rays are a good lineup. You aren't going to beat them unless you put up 5 or 6 runs on the immortal Andy Sonnenstein, who came into last night with a 6+ ERA.

Agree 100%.

What is great about Joe? Four world championships for one. Also his team is off to a 12 and 0 start at home I believe.

What is great about Joe? Four world championships for one. Also his team is off to a 12 and 0 start at home I believe.

I loved Joe Torre but it was just his time to go. He was awful in 2004. Not having the baserunners trying to steal in extra innings when Varitek was catching Wakefield was criminal. His bullpen management was terrible as well.

The problem I have is that the Yankees should have gotten rid of Cashman when Torre decided not to accept a new contract. The problems with the rotation and bullpen are a direct result of his terrible record of signing and trading for pitchers. Kevin Brown, Kei Igawa, Javy Vasquez, Carl Pavano, Felix Heredia, Jeff Weaver, etc.

Bring back Torre, atleast the Yanks played with swagger when he was our manager!

Yea! We had tons of swagger!!

Especially that time when the Red Sox came back and beat us when we were up 3-0!!

And those times in the playoffs where we go to the first round and got eliminated!!

Girardi is on thin ice, he should be given the year though. If he can't get into the playoffs with this team this year then it's on him. The injuries suck but he still has his rotation intact.

Especially that time when the Red Sox came back and beat us when we were up 3-0!!

And those times in the playoffs where we go to the first round and got eliminated!!

Girardi is on thin ice, he should be given the year though. If he can't get into the playoffs with this team this year then it's on him. The injuries suck but he still has his rotation intact.

He won 4 world series prior to MARIANO blowing the save, you cannot poo poo what Joe Torre did for this franchise. He shouldve been given free fukkin reign,not some bull**** incentive filled slap in the face of a contract. Hmph!

Torre lost the team after the 2004 ALCS and Giardi has shown that he pretty much sucks. Any thoughts on who should be the next Yankee manager?

He won 4 world series prior to MARIANO blowing the save, you cannot poo poo what Joe Torre did for this franchise. He shouldve been given free fukkin reign,not some bull**** incentive filled slap in the face of a contract. Hmph!

Disagree. And yes he had won 4 world series and he will forever hold a special place in my heart.

But the fact is he lost 4 straight games in the playoffs that year... you dont' put that on Mo.

Plus, you do realize the last world series we had won was 2000... so in those 7 years he hadn't won another world series and lost in the first round 3 years running at that point. The fact of the matter is that his goodwill kept him the job that long. Any other manager that is at the helm of an epic collapse in the post season like that is canned, no questions asked.

Torre lost the team after the 2004 ALCS and Giardi has shown that he pretty much sucks. Any thoughts on who should be the next Yankee manager?

Well, I won't speculate unless the Yankees don't make it after this year.

If anything the management ABOVE Girardi AND Cashmen needs to change. **** runs down hill.

Well, I won't speculate unless the Yankees don't make it after this year.

If anything the management ABOVE Girardi AND Cashmen needs to change. **** runs down hill.

I didn't like the Giradi hiring at all. Your thoughts?

I didn't like the Giradi hiring at all. Your thoughts?

Honestly, I was ok with it, I saw the point of it. He was more "aggressive, baseball centric, thorough". Of those things I said I don't think he's been any of them, I think he's been overwhelmed by the NY pressure (fans, media) and hasn't assembled a great staff around him.

If I were the head of the Yankees I'd get rid of all the execs, scouts, etc., and bring in BASEBALL guys. I'd do what the red sox did and bring in guys who love the sport and know the #'s. That's how you find gems.

I still give Girardi the full season- it's early still and Torre never had to contend with the Rays and now, if they're for real, the Jays. The AL east is sick.

I am not the biggest Girardi fan, but I have to admit it was time for Torre to go, but I wanted Mattingly, and Tony Pena way before I wanted Girardi. I know it's unlikely to get Mattingly, but I think Tony Pena would be a perfect choice. He did give the Royals their only winning season in like forever. Why not Pena?

I am not the biggest Girardi fan, but I have to admit it was time for Torre to go, but I wanted Mattingly, and Tony Pena way before I wanted Girardi. I know it's unlikely to get Mattingly, but I think Tony Pena would be a perfect choice. He did give the Royals their only winning season in like forever. Why not Pena?

I thought the Yankees were going to go with either Mattingly or Pena after the Torre fiasco.

Girardi is over his head and his screaming at the Sox 1st base coach on Monday night confirmed my opinion of him.

IMO Giardi has no idea how to handle pitchers.

I thought the Yankees were going to go with either Mattingly or Pena after the Torre fiasco.

Girardi is over his head and his screaming at the Sox 1st base coach on Monday night confirmed my opinion of him.

I think Girardi is overwhelmed. A-rod. Stadium. Pitchers. Economy crises. Injures, etc.

I'm not making excuses for him, a coach needs to overcome anything, but I think he deserves to have the benefit of the doubt to get over this.

Girardi has no idea how to handle anything related to baseball.

Girardi really has to go. You can say it is not his fault and what not, but this is a dead team walking right now. There is no fight in this club outside of Damon.

What is he doing taking Rivera out with 2 outs? Way to over manage.

Archived