JJ Putz can go to hell.

RutgersJetFan

lighten up, you still got the best bullpen in the league.

I refuse to do so. And it's not even so much about Putz, it's the fact that Endy Chavez would have been pretty damn useful this year. It really is incredible, for every great move that Omar makes, he also pulls another one that's equally bad.

i don't get how a guy can go from being a dominant as he was to as mediocre as he is now. 2 years ago this guy was incredible. his stuff doesn't look much different. has to be mental. although he does seem to leaave too many fastballs over the plate. and i'm not really much of a fan of that high splitter he throws.

Not defeding Putz buy any stretch but those balls wrere not hit hard slow grounders that were hit in the right spot. Just a bad outcome -- Johan goes tonight -- we will bounce back -

That's what I'm thinking. It's not as if the Pirates were teeing off on him last night. I think we'll be OK.

I really thought Putz was gonna be great for you guys. But as RJF says that seems to be the way Omar operates. I actually thought Green was gonna pan out for you guys as well. Goes to show why I'm not a pro scout :)

You and I both, however the good news is that Parnell more than makes up for his shortcomings, and Feliciano has been quietly decent. I just can't help but keep thinking what could have been right now had we kept Endy and just given Lowe that 4th year instead of paying Ollie $36 million. Like I said, it's like one step forward, two steps back every single year. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he pulled a last-minute desperation move at the deadline and bailed on F-Mart for another bat, just you wait.

You and I both, however the good news is that Parnell more than makes up for his shortcomings, and Feliciano has been quietly decent. I just can't help but keep thinking what could have been right now had we kept Endy and just given Lowe that 4th year instead of paying Ollie $36 million. Like I said, it's like one step forward, two steps back every single year. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he pulled a last-minute desperation move at the deadline and bailed on F-Mart for another bat, just you wait.

Endy Chavez? C'mon.

I can't cry over that spilled milk.

Yup that would have been the way to go. Thank God Parnell has been solid.

Archived