The "What did you eat today?" Thread

PS17

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I'm not eating a damn thing to day because by some miracle, the man who is never sick managed to come down with the flu in the middle of the summer. :cussing: Either that or it was the Subway that I ate yesterday.

During golf season?!?!? God certainly has a sense of humor.

Tell me about it and I'm supposed to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. The good news is I feel like I'm on the upswing. I should be good to go before Saturday which is my actual birthday and the day I'm planning on golfing with some friends.

Tell me about it and I'm supposed to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. The good news is I feel like I'm on the upswing. I should be good to go before Saturday which is my actual birthday and the day I'm planning on golfing with some friends.

Never had a sickness that a six pack, a cigar and some sunshine on the course couldn't cure.

I can't imagine any of that stuff is all that great for you. I guess as long as skinny people keep buying the stuff. :P

Anything that's naturally occuring in the body is really not gonna be a problem. It's really not all that different than a multivitamin.

The NO stuff doesn't come from food like Protein and Creatine do. That's really all I'm putting in my body outside of the food.

Anything that's naturally occuring in the body is really not gonna be a problem. It's really not all that different than a multivitamin.

The NO stuff doesn't come from food like Protein and Creatine do. That's really all I'm putting in my body outside of the food.

Wrong. Testasterone is naturally occuring in the body but if you take too much you know what happens. Also, men produce a small amount of estrogen as well, too much you grow ****.

Finally, the body produces uric acid. too much (i.e. your kidneys stop functioning properly) and you die.

Breakfast: Mini Bagel and low fat cream cheese

Snack: special K strawberry 90 calorie bar

lunch: subway veggie sub...honey oat bread, spinach, onion, banana pepper, red wine vinagrette dressing.

dinner: probably going to be grilled chicken with yellow rice.

I'm not the healthiest person in the world, but I try a little bit.

Wrong. Testasterone is naturally occuring in the body but if you take too much you know what happens. Also, men produce a small amount of estrogen as well, too much you grow ****.

Finally, the body produces uric acid. too much (i.e. your kidneys stop functioning properly) and you die.

Obviously that was an overgeneralization. Your body produces ****, if you eat it, you'll get sick too...

I was referring mostly to protein, which is the basis of most of the suppliments people take.

Yes, there is protein poising, but that's a far more complex issue.

Obviously that was an overgeneralization. Your body produces ****, if you eat it, you'll get sick too...

I was referring mostly to protein, which is the basis of most of the suppliments people take.

Yes, there is protein poising, but that's a far more complex issue.

Too much of anything can kill ya, fact. "Overgeneralization" isn't a synonym for "completely false."

I think he was referring to things derived from food, that our bodies are meant to breakdown and eat. A protein shake is 10x better/easier for your body to break down then a burger.

With proteins as long as you keep drinking water and staying hydrated then you're fine. Your examples are more along the lines of chemicals within our bodies.

Too much of anything can kill ya, fact. "Overgeneralization" isn't a synonym for "completely false."

Ok... you got me. I assumed that people would understand what my point was rather than disecting the syntax.

Point is, in plain English, supplimenting protein in reasonable amounts leaves you far away from anything that is likely to cause damage.

Ok... you got me. I assumed that people would understand what my point was rather than disecting the syntax.

Point is, in plain English, supplimenting protein in reasonable amounts leaves you far away from anything that is likely to cause damage.

Aka, dont' take 500 grams of protein a day. Just like you shouldn't drink 5 bottles of everclear.

Protein is not inherently bad but I make it my practice to not eat anything that comes in a red tub with references to explosions on the label.

Protein is not inherently bad but I make it my practice to not eat anything that comes in a red tub with references to explosions on the label.

Agreed. Vic and I both pointed out that NO products are a sham and not what you want to be taking.

Creatine is the most 'shady' thing I take, and it's naturally occuring in fish, which I don't eat, and has 10 years of science saying that your kidneys wont explode. Longer term studies are definitely needed, but with no suggestion of a problem in anyone without chronic kidney issues, I feel pretty confident in it.

Agreed. Vic and I both pointed out that NO products are a sham and not what you want to be taking.

Creatine is the most 'shady' thing I take, and it's naturally occuring in fish, which I don't eat, and has 10 years of science saying that your kidneys wont explode. Longer term studies are definitely needed, but with no suggestion of a problem in anyone without chronic kidney issues, I feel pretty confident in it.

Just make sure you increase your water intake 50% or more when on creatine. I used to take that crap and I had problems with cramping and constipation.

Archived