RIP Steve McNair

JoeC36

Eh. This **** has been going around for a long time here, but...

Verde's post was generally good, but I'm not particularly comfortable with the statement "karma rears it's ugly head" in respect to a man being brutally murdered. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater, but that does not mean he was asking to be killed. Or that he deserved it.

I never said he deserved it. Go find where I said that. What I meant (and have said prior) was that when you play with fire, you sometimes get burned.. don't expect sympathy.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I don't agree. Cheating and killing are two completely different animals and my **** is an H-Bomb, not a sword!

Maybe the victims of the cheating should turn to divorce before resorting to murder. Like that's ever going to happen.

You're also assuming (speculating) that Mrs McNair knew she was being cheated on or that she was the one who murdered him?

I'm not saying what she did or didn't know or do. But either way, it's ALL speculation.

I never said he deserved it. Go find where I said that. What I meant (and have said prior) was that when you play with fire, you sometimes get burned.. don't expect sympathy.

Use of the word karma indicates that he somehow brought this upon himself. I know you didn't say that he deserved it. That's why I didn't pick a fight with you, but said I wasn't comfortable with your phrasing. He was murdered, I was suspect he deserves some sympathy.

You're also assuming (speculating) that Mrs McNair knew she was being cheated on or that she was the one who murdered him?

I'm not saying what she did or didn't know or do. But either way, it's ALL speculation.

I'm not speculating anything. You are. I just said the fact that he was cheating doesn't mean he brought this on himself or in anyway should have expected or deserved to be shot in the head four times That is basically the only fact we really know.

Yeah, I don't agree. Cheating and killing are two completely different animals and my **** is an H-Bomb, not a sword!

Maybe the victims of the cheating should turn to divorce before resorting to murder. Like that's ever going to happen.

LOL. When I was a kid, the husband of someone in my family was caught in bed with another guy's wife and shot gunned to death. Of course, no one wants to see another human being killed over sex/infidelity/cheating. But emotions run high in these situations. It doesn't make it right, but again, adults know the potential for violence exists.

Use of the word karma indicates that he somehow brought this upon himself. I know you didn't say that he deserved it. That's why I didn't pick a fight with you, but said I wasn't comfortable with your phrasing. He was murdered, I was suspect he deserves some sympathy.

I'm not speculating anything. You are. I just said the fact that he was cheating doesn't mean he brought this on himself or in anyway should have expected or deserved to be shot in the head four times That is basically the only fact we really know.

Fair enough but I won't apologize for my usage of words. Nor do I expect that everyone should feel the same way I do. I have sympathy for his children, family members and friends.

btw, I didn't realize that you were using a general statement when you said, "Maybe the victims of the cheating should turn to divorce before resorting to murder." In which case, I would agree.

Yes. Nobody has ever been killed without just cause. He must have brought it upon himself.

From what I read. He did. 100% his fault. This wasn't a random drive-by shooting gone awry. He didn't get hit by a **** bus that was going 90 on the sidewalk. He was messing around with some crazy as 20 year old told her he was leaving his wife for her and when he didn't she killed him and herself. He lied and manipulated people and it backfired. Like I said don't start there wont be.

From what I read. He did. 100% his fault. This wasn't a random drive-by shooting gone awry. He didn't get hit by a **** bus that was going 90 on the sidewalk. He was messing around with some crazy as 20 year old told her he was leaving his wife for her and when he didn't she killed him and herself. He lied and manipulated people and it backfired. Like I said don't start there wont be.

Do you have some kind of inside information that the rest of us don't know about?

Well he lied to her, his wife didnt even know he was seeing someone much less getting divorced

Associate: Mechelle McNair didn't know of affair

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – An associate said Wednesday that the wife of ex-NFL quarterback Steve McNair didn't know about Sahel Kazemi before the 20-year-old woman was found dead alongside her husband on the Fourth of July.

McNair, 36, was shot four times in what the medical examiner said is very likely a murder-suicide, though police haven't confirmed that Kazemi was responsible.

Mike Mu, who has worked with McNair's charitable foundation for years, said Mechelle McNair "didn't know who this girl is."

Mechelle McNair, who has not spoken publicly since the shooting, has been described by people close to her as being very upset and distraught. Agent Bus Cook said McNair's wife was "in and out" of it in the hours after the shooting.

Nashville's assistant medical examiner said Wednesday that gunpowder residue was found on Kazemi's hands, moving authorities to "95 percent" certainty that she killed McNair and herself. But Feng Li, who performed autopsies on both bodies, stopped short of confirming the murder-suicide, pending ballistics tests and toxicologies.

Nashville's police chief scheduled a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

Kazemi's family told reporters that the woman was so confident McNair was divorcing his wife of 12 years that she was preparing to sell her furniture and move in with the former quarterback.

Mu is handling media inquiries for Thursday night's memorial service in Nashville. A funeral service will be held Saturday in Mississippi.

The close friend who reported McNair's death to 911 defended his friend since their days playing football at Alcorn State to The Tennessean. Robert Gaddy, who did not immediately return a text message to his cell phone from The Associated Press on Wednesday, said the the McNairs' Nashville home was on the market because they were looking for a new house.

"People need to quit talking about what they don't know. Mac never said anything to me about he was going to get a divorce, and ever since this has all happened everybody is trying to paint a certain picture and they need to talk about what they know," Gaddy told newspaper.

The four-time Pro Bowl quarterback was being remembered Wednesday at the stadium where he played much of his career. The Tennessee Titans opened LP Field for fans to watch video highlights of McNair's 13-year NFL career, look at photos of the quarterback and had a book for them to write messages that will be given to the family.

The McNairs married in 1997, and Mechelle is the mother of two of his four sons. She met McNair while both were students at Alcorn State, though she also studied nursing in Nashville and became a nurse while he played for the Titans.

Mechelle McNair tended his numerous injuries at home, changing bandages and even helping with intravenous fluids in 2001 when her husband needed I.V. antibiotics for an infection that developed after shoulder surgery.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090708/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed

So then, basically.. you are judging SM's wife by calling her a liar. In the infamous words of.. you.. who are you to judge others.... ;)

And the other 2 children? Weak argument.

I completely understand marriage. You don't need to explain it to me. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. Whether the spouse knows or not, that doesn't make the action (of cheating) moral or right, regardless of circumstances that led to it. Usually, karma rears it's ugly head in some way. You can paint it any way you want if it makes you feel better.

lol. I'll bet. Not that I really care one way or another.

Way to put that hot air balloon in his place. +1

:rl: I remember 124 insisting that the divorce was a done deal. Guess SM forgot to tell his wife.

Does someone deserve to get murdered for cheating on their significant other?

Some people in this thread (not you) have been implying that McNair got what he deserved. As I said in an earlier post, McNair's death has had no impact on my life, I just respected him as a football player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Does someone deserve to get murdered for cheating on their significant other?

Some people in this thread (not you) have been implying that McNair got what he deserved. As I said in an earlier post, McNair's death has had no impact on my life, I just respected him as a football player. Nothing more, nothing less.

I say yes but that point is irrelevant. The point it that he was killed for it and he has no one to blame but himself.

Steve McNair deserved to be murdered because he cheated?

Did I just read that right?

I don't know. How strong of a reader are you? Who am I to say what you read right or not. Right is such a subjective state of being.

So then, basically.. you are judging SM's wife by calling her a liar. In the infamous words of.. you.. who are you to judge others.... ;)

I never called her a liar, but you would have to be pretty naive not to suspect that something was up with a husband gone all the time.

And the other 2 children? Weak argument.

Again you miss the point. Rotten no good Steve McNair (according to Judge Verde) took her 2 children under his wing. Married her and provided for his family.

I completely understand marriage. You don't need to explain it to me.

I'm stating my opinion. Boy, you seem very cranky today.

A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. Whether the spouse knows or not, that doesn't make the action (of cheating) moral or right, regardless of circumstances that led to it. Usually, karma rears it's ugly head in some way. You can paint it any way you want if it makes you feel better.

Jeez, were you cheated on or something?

lol. I'll bet. Not that I really care one way or another.

Whatever :lol: Look, I'm going to end this here before you call Max and demand he suspend me.

Well he lied to her, his wife didnt even know he was seeing someone much less getting divorced

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090708/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed

I don't know if I am buying this.

I was listening to Mortenson on Colin Cowherd's show the other day and he was saying that the divorce rate for retired NFL players is somwhere between 70-80 percent three years after retirement.

That is a staggering number.

She may have known but, now she looks sympathetic as the victim in all this so why even let on that she might have known.

The whole thing really needs to be put to rest. McNair made a mistake that alot of men and women make and he paid for it with his life sadly.

I never called her a liar, but you would have to be pretty naive not to suspect that something was up with a husband gone all the time.

Again you miss the point. Rotten no good Steve McNair (according to Judge Verde) took her 2 children under his wing. Married her and provided for his family.

Whatever :lol: Look, I'm going to end this here before you call Max and demand he suspend me.

Only an "uppity bitch" would do something like that. Not Verde.

don't let the door hit ya on way out;)

You are one twisted cat.

Because I believe that there should be consequences for breaking a solemn oath? Some people may laugh at common decency and morality. I choose to take it seriously. Just don't get married. No reason to lie and ruin lives for the sake of a quick cum. People like that have no self respect, no self control and are no better than pigs humping in the mud. At that point what separates us from wild beasts? At least try to be decent or just ruin your own life. I can't stand people who try their best to ruin other people's lives with lies just for selfish pleasure. You wanna go around and **** there are plenty of people who will have no trouble doing it with you with no strings.

Also, I am a bit twisted.

It would be Christmas in July.

Because I believe that there should be consequences for breaking a solemn oath? Some people may laugh at common decency and morality. I choose to take it seriously. Just don't get married. No reason to lie and ruin lives for the sake of a quick cum. People like that have no self respect, no self control and are no better than pigs humping in the mud. At that point what separates us from wild beasts? At least try to be decent or just ruin your own life. I can't stand people who try their best to ruin other people's lives with lies just for selfish pleasure. You wanna go around and **** there are plenty of people who will have no trouble doing it with you with no strings.

And after all that. We're all still human.

If McNair wasn't married but lived with his significant other for the same amount of time would you feel differently?

If McNair wasn't married but lived with his significant other for the same amount of time would you feel differently?

it depends if they had open relationship

getting married is sacred or should be...

Most of these celebs should not get married

If he make an equal promise to her that on his soul he would not violate her trust I would feel the same. At that point his is for no reason other than either selfishness or cowardice doing his best to ruin that person for no reason than a quick cum or a changed mind. You changed your mind? fine, man up and admit it. Don't string two separate people around lying to both.

If he make an equal promise to her that on his soul he would not violate her trust I would feel the same. At that point his is for no reason other than either selfishness or cowardice doing his best to ruin that person for no reason than a quick cum or a changed mind. You changed your mind? fine, man up and admit it. Don't string two separate people around lying to both.

I know you are twisted and I have no problem with that but are you some kind of bible basher?

Archived