NYJ Inside Slant

PatriotReign37

This made me happy:

LB Vernon Gholston impressed Ryan with his athleticism and work ethic, as he was able to immerse himself in the new defense, on the field and in the film room. Gholston lost valuable spring practice time last year because Ohio State's academic calendar didn't end until June, meaning he couldn't join the team full-time until then. Ryan hopes he can unlock Gholston's enormous potential after a sackless rookie season.

That's different.

Everything said the same thing. He did well. But with the caveat that it was against the 3rd stringers. It was the fans who made him out to be something else.

I know he's still young but he'd better show SOMETHING this year or he's SOL. I would think that having Rex Ryan as his HC is the best chance he'll get to make something of himself in the NFL.

I don't get it with VG.

Half of the reports say he's doing awful... The other half say he's impressing...

Guess we'll have to wait until preseason.

The concerning thing is that everyone in the organization is claiming he is doing well. All the outsiders looking in are saying different. That makes me nervous...but Im holding out judgment on our entire defense at this point. I want to see what this D looks like with Rex orchestrating chaos.

The concerning thing is that everyone in the organization is claiming he is doing well. All the outsiders looking in are saying different. That makes me nervous...but Im holding out judgment on our entire defense at this point. I want to see what this D looks like with Rex orchestrating chaos.

That's not true at all.

It's split like EY says.

Maybe the writers who understand football think Gholston is doing great while the morons like Cimini think he looks bad.

That's not true at all.

It's split like EY says.

Maybe the writers who understand football think Gholston is doing great while the morons like Cimini think he looks bad.

Really? I havent seen too many positive comments coming from those that are outside any affiliation with the Jets.

Come to think of it, I haven't read anything about how he is currently performing other than what Ryan has said at PCs.

Ryan has only praised in public. Doesn't seem like one of those coaches who tries to motivate using public criticism. The author of the piece is only using Ryan's comments to form an opinion. We are left waiting till the pre-season games to find out the truth and the truth is VG better show some fire and enthusiasm in getting to the QB...or soon he'll be fired with enthusiasm as the saying goes.

Archived