New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox - Yankee Stadium, Sept. 25-27 Thread

Bob

Bookmarking this for future use.

Anyone who watches this Yankee team and tells me they are not the favorites to win the World Series is lying.

Favorites? Yes.

I would also not be surprised if they were bounced in the first round either.

Favorites? Yes.

I would also not be surprised if they were bounced in the first round either.

In a 5 game series, were CC would pitch twice and the other starters would be AJ, Andy and Joba you wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees lost to a team from the AL Central?

With Mo pitching the 9th and the 7th and 8th innings having solid answers along with a team that scored 900 runs you wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees lost?

This team is not the team of the past 5 years. The Giambi's of the world are gone. They can hit for average and power. They can play small ball and run.

The Yankees losing in the 1st round this year would be a huge shock.

Team with the best record should be the favorites. Joba looked good last night but they're going to need Pettitte and AJ to turn things around too.

Andy needs to turn it around? The same Andy that has pitched 6 or more innings in 10 of his last 12 starts (he pitched 5 in the two others)?

AJ looked pretty good when he beat the Angels the other day.

Face it the Yankees have had such a big lead that they have been resting people (especially the starters) in preparation for the playoffs. CC has pitched less innings this year and is ready to go.

Anything can happen in the postseason but to say that the Yankees have to turn anything around is not true. The Yankees have to play like they have all year, that is all they need to do.

Andy needs to turn it around? The same Andy that has pitched 6 or more innings in 10 of his last 12 starts (he pitched 5 in the two others)?

AJ looked pretty good when he beat the Angels the other day.

Face it the Yankees have had such a big lead that they have been resting people (especially the starters) in preparation for the playoffs. CC has pitched less innings this year and is ready to go.

Anything can happen in the postseason but to say that the Yankees have to turn anything around is not true. The Yankees have to play like they have all year, that is all they need to do.

AJ Burnett was 0-4 with a 6 plus ERA in August and he is 1-2 with a 4.65 ERA in September. Those numbers don't translate well into October. Andy Petitte's ERA is over 5 in September too. I'd say both guys who have to pitch better for the Yankees to win in October.

AJ Burnett was 0-4 with a 6 plus ERA in August and he is 1-2 with a 4.65 ERA in September. Those numbers don't translate well into October. Andy Petitte's ERA is over 5 in September too. I'd say both guys who have to pitch better for the Yankees to win in October.

Yes let's take what Andy did in September when the Yankees haven't played a game that meant anything and use that as a baseline. The guy has 14,343 post season starts. But let's use September for him.

Archived