Am I the only one who thinks Matt Ryan is CP2?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy basically proved he doesn't have the arm to play outside on Sunday. He wasn't terrible. He was just far from good enough to win.

Am I the only one seeing him only beating bad teams while getting owned by good defenses his entire career, just like Chad?

he has an arm

played in rain and their gameplan suked

The Patriots shut down the Falcons run game and shut down Gonzales. You accomplish that, you shut down Matt Ryan (plus, he's a BC puke - meaning the guy will always being overrated and will never meet the lofty expectations that being overrated puts on him).

The Patriots shut down the Falcons run game and shut down Gonzales. You accomplish that, you shut down Matt Ryan (plus, he's a BC puke - meaning the guy will always being overrated and will never meet the lofty expectations that being overrated puts on him).

I believe Atl D was on field the whole game

Keep away is always better option

ATL gameplan suked..brady was in a rocking chair the whole game

The offensive Int hurt them too, it was correct call WR was just dumb

he had CB beat

I believe Atl D was on field the whole game

Keep away is always better option

ATL gameplan suked..brady was in a rocking chair the whole game

The offensive Int hurt them too, it was correct call WR was just dumb

he had CB beat

Ooops, I forgot. Never give the Patriots credit for a victory. Credit the opponenets loss on the weather (I beleive the Pats played in the same rain LOL), the game plan (Pats had one of those a couple of weeks ago) and a dumb wide out (Pats still have one of those, his name is Joey Goawayplease).

Ooops, I forgot. Never give the Patriots credit for a victory. Credit the opponenets loss on the weather (I beleive the Pats played in the same rain LOL), the game plan (Pats had one of those a couple of weeks ago) and a dumb wide out (Pats still have one of those, his name is Joey Goawayplease).

pats deserved win..Falcons were bad..outcoached IMO

meant to say WR did not need to do armbar...he would have scored

Nothing wrong with his arm- wrong diagnosis.

You're right. It's not the arm. If I had to win a big game on the road I'd sooner have Chad ten times out of ten, and this is in light of the fact that Chad doesn't win big games on the road and doesn't have an arm. Ryan just sucks.

You're right. It's not the arm. If I had to win a big game on the road I'd sooner have Chad ten times out of ten, and this is in light of the fact that Chad doesn't win big games on the road and doesn't have an arm. Ryan just sucks.

Ryan will have many SB appearances IMO

TOP pats 40 minutes and falcons 20 min

pats deserved win..Falcons were bad..outcoached IMO

meant to say WR did not need to do armbar...he would have scored

Falcons are overrated and Ryan is overrated...but Ryan is a polished, lilly-white boy with a great demeanor who always says the right thing. He is the heir apparant - well, no, ESPN wants him to be the heir apparent - to the Favre's, Mannings and Brady's of the world. You would think it was Brees - but I swear, that thing on his face is a detriment. I hate to say that, but I'm starting to think it is true.

If the Jets continue to win - I think Sanchez will get the marketing play. He's a good enough looking dude....he's in NYC....and I beleive NYC has a very large latino population. He better lay off that whole mustache idea though. That was AWFUL.

Credit BB for actually running the ball (novel idea) rather than trying to have Brady break the attempts in a season record.

But I was surprised at the lack of pressure the Falcons were bringing against Brady.

I'm starting to think that TOP is an overrated statistic.

Why, because the Dolphins lost despite getting 3/4 of it vs. Indy?

That was an aberration; an exception to the rule, brought on by the ineptitude of one Chad Pennington.

Generally speaking, TOP is a HUGE factor in trying to win a game, AND for your longterm success. After all, the more your D stays rested, the better.

Falcons are overrated and Ryan is overrated...but Ryan is a polished, lilly-white boy with a great demeanor who always says the right thing. He is the heir apparant - well, no, ESPN wants him to be the heir apparent - to the Favre's, Mannings and Brady's of the world. You would think it was Brees - but I swear, that thing on his face is a detriment. I hate to say that, but I'm starting to think it is true.

If the Jets continue to win - I think Sanchez will get the marketing play. He's a good enough looking dude....he's in NYC....and I beleive NYC has a very large latino population. He better lay off that whole mustache idea though. That was AWFUL.

Can we getting back to talking football? k thx.

Ryan had a fine rookie season and is getting all sorts of manlove for the two extra preseason games this year, but road games against disciplined, well-coached teams packing a year of film are why sophomore slumps happen. The Falcons probably have too much firepower for New England to completely stop, but they hardly need to because Brady is going to shoot the lights out on that secondary. The Patriots will win and cover.

Atendamus.

WHAT??? First talking like Gholston is the next LT. Now this.

Ryan is and will be one of the top qbs for years to come.

Sorry but I think we've already seen Ryan's best and I ain't too impressed. He's got good but far from great QB written all over him.

Flacco, Sanchez and Stafford all have much bigger upsides.

Ryan is nothing extraordinary. He is painfully average to me.

Why, because the Dolphins lost despite getting 3/4 of it vs. Indy?

That was an aberration; an exception to the rule, brought on by the ineptitude of one Chad Pennington.

Generally speaking, TOP is a HUGE factor in trying to win a game, AND for your longterm success. After all, the more your D stays rested, the better.

with the league-wide emphasis on passing offense (and the rules emphasizing keeping the QB clean, the recievers clean, etc)....I don't think TOP is as huge as it used to be. Honestly, you can be on the field, run efficiently, kill the clock and a good qb with good receivers can steal a game from you.

Can we getting back to talking football? k thx.

Football is a business. The NFL has been absurdly successful because its marketing plan is nothing short of genius. I especially enjoy the disdain for gambling - yet it sublimal (actually, it can be pretty overt at times) promotion of it. You just 'gotta love the fantasy section on the official site, you know? LOL!

How does this help your argument?

Doesn't TOP come when you get 1st downs on offense?

ryan is not peyton manning..yet

Hard to Win..when you are not on the field, the OPI cost them a TD

the WR was an idiot to armbar the guy...he walks in for a TD

Much closer game otherwise...Brady still thru 42x

mumbles went for a 4th and 1 at his own 25 leading by 6, it was a dumb

call..some would say desperate

TOP is an important stat...

I agree TOP is an important stat. And when your offense gets 1st Downs, and moves the football, you get more TOP.

It was a great call. 'wanna know why? BECAUSE ATLANTA'S DEFENSE SUCKS.

Unless you're the Fins.

The Fins have dominated TOP in their 3 games and come away with 3 loses.

There are always errors in the curve. But in generalizations, TOP does mean something.

Garb makes good points though, it has become a less viable measuring stick when you consider some of the quick strike offenses out there.

Do you really want to go down this route? Cause it ends with you looking ridiculous.

ATL Def was bad...did u watch game?

Indy Def was just as bad.. OK worse...

Sometimes a good O will get derailed..and press cause they know they

will not get ball back.

Mumbles clearly outcoached Smith

Archived