Name this player...

RichardSeymour

RD, a Pats fan at KFFL and IIRC the proprieter of footballsfuture.com posted this...

IMO it's an intriguing teaser question, curious if any of the draft gurus here know this one off the top of their heads, and what they think of this player for the Pats...

NO CHEATING (looking up #s or trying to find the post in question would be cheating...)

After looking through the workout numbers, I have found out who I want with our #1 pick, and he may be the ILB we've all been looking for.

At the combine, he measured up at 6'2 265, which is 1" taller than the average, and 22lbs heavier than the average ILB at the combine.

He jumped 37" in the vertical, tops among ILB's.

In the 60 yard shuttle, the best test of a players conditioning and agility, he ran a 10.91 time. The only linebacker to come close, inside or outside, was Demarcus Ware, at a 10.93. The average linebacker time was 11.68. This time out performed such top prospects as safety Thomas Davis, safety James Butler, corner Brandon browner, corner Travis Daniels, and corner Carlos Rogers. In fact, it was the 5th best defensive time of the dya, and only defensive backs beat him.

His 10 yard split in the 40 was 1.68. The average linebacker time was 1.69.

In the 3 cone drill, he ran a 6.86 and a 6.88. Only two safeties ran under 7 seconds, and neither beat this person. Demarcus Ware actually did beat him however, and Ware put up 6.83 and 6.87. No inside line backer got under a 7 second time.

In the 20 yard shuttle, he ran a 3.98 and a 3.90. The inside linebacker average is 4.28. The OLB average was 4.18. For comparison, top 5 prospect Derrick Johnson, heralded as a stud athlete, posted times of 3.99 and 3.87. Only 6 corners managed to post times under 4 seconds.

The player displayed impressive agility and athleticism in every drill. He routinely posted better numbers than the inside linebackers, and better than most outside linebackers.

Who is the player?

RD, a Pats fan at KFFL and IIRC the proprieter of footballsfuture.com posted this...

IMO it's an intriguing teaser question, curious if any of the draft gurus here know this one off the top of their heads, and what they think of this player for the Pats...

NO CHEATING (looking up #s or trying to find the post in question would be cheating...)

I'm not gonna lie and say I have any idea. But my gut instinct is it is some current Pats player's combine stats from years ago compare to today's crop of LB's. Pats fans never seem to get tired of the gratuitous self gratification over their own players. Don't forget to use a sock RS. It's less mess.

Oh, and if I'm way off base and it is in fact not a Pats player, well screw off anyway Pats fag

:wink: :twisted:

I'm not gonna lie and say I have any idea. But my gut instinct is it is some current Pats player's combine stats from years ago compare to today's crop of LB's. Pats fans never seem to get tired of the gratuitous self gratification over their own players. Don't forget to use a sock RS. It's less mess.

Oh, and if I'm way off base and it is in fact not a Pats player, well screw off anyway Pats fag

:wink: :twisted:

Post of the day. :wink:

JonE, Rudy is 5'10 in ski boots, tops.

No, this is an actual honest to god player in the 2005 draft.

Oh, I see that now in your original post that it is someone in this year's draft. In that case.........see paragraph 2 of my previous post :twisted:

Yeap, he ain't it.

It's not TOO obscure btw.... the guys a probable day 1 guy.

RS if you are saying a first day player at inside linebacker could it be Ruud -it would make Alk so proud.

Pollock??

Out of the mouths of.... jolly fat men.

Yes. It is indeed David Pollack.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/pollack_david

As a Georgia freshman, he started four of 10 games, posting 37 tackles (18 solo) with a pair of sacks, four stops for losses and nine quarterback pressures.

Pollack took over weakside defensive end duties in 2002, collecting a career-high 102 tackles (958 solo), 14 sacks, 23

Alot of the draft gurus here dont like him

I've watched the man dominate the SEC for 3 years

He will be outstanding in the NFL as an ILB

Yeah, the more I read about the more I can see him as an heir to Bruschi.

Unfortunately most mocks have him going in the 15-25 range.... so probably unlikely we snag him unless that Jarvis Green/Dallas rumor pans out.

Yeah, the more I read about the more I can see him as an heir to Bruschi.

Unfortunately most mocks have him going in the 15-25 range.... so probably unlikely we snag him unless that Jarvis Green/Dallas rumor pans out.

I think he'll fall

He's got tweener written al over him

The one team/coach that would scare me if I'm a Pats fan that wants Pollock is Parcells....also Ried/Eagles would scare me too

They, like BB likes these types of LB's

Telling you...this guy will be a prize for the team that gets him

Archived