If you EXPECTED playoffs then it's your bad

s dubb

You douchebag.

Oh yeah,,,well rillo thinks I rock!!!

You rock.

Thank you.

BTW - I just realized that s dubb is calling us out for not being good fans and not staying positive, but he started a thread basically saying if you expected this team to be good, you're a moron.

JN is a great place.

Thank you.

BTW - I just realized that s dubb is calling us out for not being good fans and not staying positive, but he started a thread basically saying if you expected this team to be good, you're a moron.

JN is a great place.

LOL, not surprising. The fans of this team are a bipolar bunch, it was only a matter of time before we started to turn on each other. Yesterdays game thread was hilarious.

So you assumed they werent going to have a chance to make the playoffs.

So losing is acceptable to you. Well guess what- its not acceptable to me. Not at all. The amount of time and money I spend on this team and I shouldnt expect to make the playoffs? I should have told Woody a year ago to shove the tickets up his ass.

Losing isn`t acceptable to me but realistic expectations are and Expecting playoffs from a raw and a very green Q.B is just not realistic.

And like I said do you think Mark can lead us to the promise land this year anyways? So whats the point of playoffs?...

Rookie Q.B guys. History was shown us that it doesn't work.

Thank you.

JN is a great place.

Your words not mine.

All I'm trying to say is expecting more then 8-8 with a kid behind center with no real experience is your bad. Period, done, the end. There is no underlining factor and no thought required.

lol s dubb must write books and give seminars about "positive thinking." Don't have a job? Well that's your fault for not thinking positive! You aren't rich? Aren't attractive? Don't have a super model wife? Well that's your fault! You should be talking about how you have all those great things and it will happen!

Recession, what recession? We're in an economic golden age! Everyone has a license to just print money, if you just think positive instead of bitching about those darned economic indicators and the unemployment rate! These negative people are what is driving down the economy (if I believe the economy wasn't great I mean, I was just being hypocritical!).

In order for any of s dubb's bitching to make any sense he has to first ignore reality and then second preach how people need to believe and be positive for things to get better, which is just a ridiculous contradiction. If things are going well you don't need to hope for them to be better anyway, they're already going well. And if things aren't going well, what you actually believe does nothing, it has obviously not had an effect since everyone always thinks they are in a better situation or are more talented than others (well known psychological effect).

The fans of the NYJ have absolutely zero impact on the players, zero. These dumb fans were constantly talking playoff scenarios and talking about how great the defense is and everything all season. After 3 games of the season the dumb fans had the Jets in the Super Bowl and Sanchez as the best rookie QB of all time. The same way the dumb fans claimed Chad Pennington was Joe Montana. Most of the fanbase is convinced that the Jets are a great team when the Jets show ANYTHING....90% of the fanbase won't even admit that a 6-6 team is average! It isn't until the Jets totally **** up that most of the fanbase is willing to admit that maybe the Jets aren't the top team in the league, and that playoff chances are very remote. If the fans had any effect, the Jets would go 19-0 and win the SB every single year, because the fans think the Jets players are the best in the league.

Also, on the stadium being empty thing, apparently you don't live on the north east, but there was this huge snowstorm that you really should have heard of. It's going to be a bitch getting to work today, let alone going to some football game yesterday.

You just stole precious minutes of my life with this spew. Thanks appreciate it.

Your words not mine.

All I'm trying to say is expecting more then 8-8 with a kid behind center with no real experience is your bad. Period, done, the end. There is no underlining factor and no thought required.

You shouldn't be debating Jif in topics that require no thought for he is the master of that domain.

Your words not mine.

You said...

You guys are pathetic, my grandfather told me once "If you believe something enough, it just might happen"... IF you morons keep "feeding the pig" with this SOJ garbage then you reap what you sow.

Forgive me if I took that the wrong way but you didnt believe we'd get to the playoffs...nor did I, but you made it seem like positive thinking would change all and here you are thinking we didnt have a chance to make the playoffs...thats not positive thinking.

Think about it.

You shouldn't be debating Jif in topics that require no thought for he is the master of that domain.

ih8u

Yeah, right. Shame on the fans. Being let down is the fault of the fans.

Whatever the shortcomings of this team's ground game and defense, there are dozens of teams that wish they had our problems in those aspects. This franchise wasted a season of the #1 rushing attack and #1 defense (and #1 in a bunch of individual categories) so a rookie could see live action and get experience.

What a lot of the "SOJ" people realize is that success in certain aspects this year don't guarantee success in those aspects next year. There is no automatic carryover of the good parts of a team and then just add in "Ooooh, and now Sanchez will have a year of much-needed experience." It doesn't work like that. And it's not all on Sanchez either. Special teams have cost us 2 wins which is inexcusable.

The Patriots barely lost the SB and returned with the team intact. They also added Mayo who turned out to be an outstanding draft pick. Surely their 2008 season would be at least close to the 2007 season, if not even more successful. The regular season and playoffs seemed a mere formality before the Patriots held up another Lombardi Trophy. What happened? Brady went down in week one.

Wouldn't happen to us? Nonsense. 1999 wasn't that long ago that I've forgotten it altogether. Pittsburgh just won the superbowl behind their #1 defense in 2008. Everyone other than Larry Foote (replaced by Timmons) returned for the 2008 season. Their defense is now giving up about a touchdown more per game more than last year. There is no automatic carryover to next year. One unlucky play where Revis ends up at the bottom of a pile like Leon and this defense is then over 10 points per game worse. Combine that with injuries hitting the age wall with one or more of Faneca, Woody, Jenkins, Ellis, and Jones -- and Sanchez would have to have a Manningesque turnaround from year 1 to year 2 (which won't happen anyway) just to win 8 games.

You don't automatically get to use this year's chances next year. And shame on anyone who thinks otherwise.

Post of the Year.

Its not often that teams actually have the #1 rushing attack despite having an ATROCIOUS (although rookie) QB. Usually, some of the best rushing teams have decent/good passing teams that force the defense to play the pass, and then you can still rush the hell out of the ball because they at least respect a passing attack.

You have something special when teams know you are going to run a majority of the time, and you can still put up 150+ yards almost every time you step onto the field. No one on that Atlanta defense was afraid that Mark Sanchez was going to light them up.. and it showed. They stacked the box all day, and Sanchez still couldn't do anything. How pitiful is that, when your QB could not have a decent game against the 3rd worst Passing defense in the NFL?

This team is better than last year's team, by a mile, yet we will struggle to even match their record. Want to know why-- take a look at our QB.

You said...

You guys are pathetic, my grandfather told me once "If you believe something enough, it just might happen"... IF you morons keep "feeding the pig" with this SOJ garbage then you reap what you sow.

Forgive me if I took that the wrong way but you didnt believe we'd get to the playoffs...nor did I, but you made it seem like positive thinking would change all and here you are thinking we didnt have a chance to make the playoffs...thats not positive thinking.

Think about it.

ih8u

That was in reference to the SOJ spew.

Your misinterpreting what I'm saying. There are 2 completely different debates in this thread. Try to keep up.

1. The original topic was about letting the Jets take you on an unnecessary ride, giving that Mark is very young and green still.

2. Then (In typical Jets fan fashion) SOJ after a tough loss. My comment you hightlighted was in reference to the SOJ nonsense that floods Jets message board after every close loss.

So in reference to SOJ, then yes. my statement sticks.

This team is better than last year's team, by a mile, yet we will struggle to even match their record. Want to know why-- take a look at our QB.

Right a rookie. This is a quarterback driven league. Without a pitcher you don't win the baseball game. Our pitcher is learning and it sucks but it's football and it comes with the territory.

I just hope Schotty hasn't single handedly destroyed Mark.

Right a rookie. This is a quarterback driven league. Without a pitcher you don't win the baseball game. Our pitcher is learning and it sucks but it's football and it comes with the territory.

I just hope Schotty hasn't single handedly destroyed Mark.

We all hope that. But lack of college experience + Brian Schottenheimer is asking for your QB to become a head case.

Pennington wasn't a regular season turnover machine until Schottenheimer was his HC (plus one game where Herm announced on a Tuesday we'd be throwing downfield all game long against the Pats).

Favre I wouldn't give him credit for nor would I condemn him for, as it's obvious Favre does whatever Favre wants and certainly wasn't taking advice from an inexperienced OC younger than he was.

I don't remember reading that Clemens had happy feet in Oregon. He didn't get that until Schottenheimer started putting him in bad situations.

I didn't catch a lot of USC games, but was Sanchez known for his feet going pitter-patter if he hung in the pocket for more than a second? No one said so then.

He friggin' blows.

If he'd turned a nothing prospect into a solid QB once upon a time I could see some of it. He's had the opportunity to coach one of the game's most accurate established passers, one of the game's most dangerous established passers, and three of college football's better QB prospects at the time they were drafted. The only one to not fail under him was Brees (who started out so well they drafted Rivers to take his place). Rivers is too easy to give him credit for as he didn't see the field with Schottenheimer calling plays. I don't give him accolades for something that someone else accomplished and automatically assume things would have been just as successful under this failure.

We all hope that. But lack of college experience + Brian Schottenheimer is asking for your QB to become a head case.

Pennington wasn't a regular season turnover machine until Schottenheimer was his HC (plus one game where Herm announced on a Tuesday we'd be throwing downfield all game long against the Pats).

Favre I wouldn't give him credit for nor would I condemn him for, as it's obvious Favre does whatever Favre wants and certainly wasn't taking advice from an inexperienced OC younger than he was.

I don't remember reading that Clemens had happy feet in Oregon. He didn't get that until Schottenheimer started putting him in bad situations.

I didn't catch a lot of USC games, but was Sanchez known for his feet going pitter-patter if he hung in the pocket for more than a second? No one said so then.

He friggin' blows.

If he'd turned a nothing prospect into a solid QB once upon a time I could see some of it. He's had the opportunity to coach one of the game's most accurate established passers, one of the game's most dangerous established passers, and three of college football's better QB prospects at the time they were drafted. The only one to not fail under him was Brees (who started out so well they drafted Rivers to take his place). Rivers is too easy to give him credit for as he didn't see the field with Schottenheimer calling plays. I don't give him accolades for something that someone else accomplished and automatically assume things would have been just as successful under this failure.

And in all honesty when he was with his Dad in San Diego he was a Q.B coach not the play caller, not everyone can call plays.

ALSO, Schotty came from the cloth of Steve Spurrier and you can see it. The modernized air coryell. To much flare and gimmicks, to much motioning and checks, too much recognition. Schotty doesn't fit the Rex Ryan mold. Rex wants hat on a hat, mano el mano and beat your guy. Not all of this pre snap motioning and outthinking himself nonsense, not to mention that utter confusion you put on your Q.B, especially a rookie.

But I fully agree with your assessment, of Schotty tenure here. From Chad, to Favre to Mark it's been ugly. He needs to go and not a day after our last game.

And in all honesty when he was with his Dad in San Diego he was a Q.B coach not the play caller, not everyone can call plays.

Which is why I said don't credit him for Rivers. He was Rivers' QB coach for 2 years but never called a single play for him (or Brees either for that matter).

Cavanaugh is Sanchez's QB coach. He never coached any player into a good QB coach that I'm aware of.

Beuerlein sucked with him.

Grbac sucked with him.

Boller sucked with him.

Sanchez sucks with him.

These were all talented players, either in college or proved so at the pro level. All of them were garbage either until they got away from Callahan or they sucked permanently like Boller probably will.

These two clowns are who we entrusted our #5 overall pick, $50M QB with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived