Is D'Brick retarted?

vinnys025

Rex was asked about it at his post game and said D'Brick did exactly what he was supposed to do-block in. I blame the OC first and the QB second-Sanchez could have gotten a season ending injury on either one of those plays-again even Schein and Lucas both criticized Shottenheimer for those two crappy calls

SoFlaJets

Come on you know coaches NEVER point fingers at Press conferences. D-Brick will hear about this in the meetings Im sure.

it's basic blocking

pass blocking 101

when you have more than 1 player to block

(and you can't block both)

you choose to block the player closer to the QB... i.e. the player with less ground to cover to get to the QB

this is what they teach junior high kids

the Jets probably had some sort of slide right call on the line which would leave Sanchez' back side exposed... he has to know that, fix it by getting a player in there to block or just get rid of it.

One thing i will critique when Schott takes the fullback or halfback and motions him out wide i don't know that it fools any1. I don't know that the defense should be concerned when Shonn greene or Tony Richardson flexes out like a wide receiver.

it's basic blocking

pass blocking 101

when you have more than 1 player to block

(and you can't block both)

you choose to block the player closer to the QB... i.e. the player with less ground to cover to get to the QB

this is what they teach junior high kids

the Jets probably had some sort of slide right call on the line which would leave Sanchez' back side exposed... he has to know that, fix it by getting a player in there to block or just get rid of it.

One thing i will critique when Schott takes the fullback or halfback and motions him out wide i don't know that it fools any1. I don't know that the defense should be concerned when Shonn greene or Tony Richardson flexes out like a wide receiver.

Wrong. Faneca could have easily handled the block D-Brick did not do anything other than act like a god damn robot on the play. Like I said the great ones recognize these things. Remember when Brown the RB for the Colts had his inside blocking assignment and darted to the outside to pick up a blitzing Eric Smith ? In D-Bricks world Manning would have gotten killed on that play. Offensive lineman (of all players) must improvise in pass protection. No damn excuses for him on that play NON at ALL.

DBrick had to do was let Faneca know he had to take on Freeny and Faneca would have adjusted as well Sanchez had no chance on either play to even look up at his hot reciever.

Faneca is the worst pass blocker on our OL and you think he would have adjusted to blocking the DT? He's let worse players through several times this year.

Faneca is the worst pass blocker on our OL and you think he would have adjusted to blocking the DT? He's let worse players through several times this year.

So then its better to let one of the quickest DE's in the NFL have a free run at the QB because you think Faneca cant block a DT ?? Please

Rex was asked about it at his post game and said D'Brick did exactly what he was supposed to do-block in. I blame the OC first and the QB second-Sanchez could have gotten a season ending injury on either one of those plays-again even Schein and Lucas both criticized Shottenheimer for those two crappy calls

I didn't see or read that yet, but it's obvious.

Ferguson doesn't decide, before the ball is snapped, to change the play or his blocking assignments. The play is what the play is. At least in theory the play is suppposed to work, in no small part, based on the blocking schemes and blocking assignments drawn up. You don't draw up every play and say it doesn't matter who the left tackle engages, but rather that he should take a look and kind of wing it every play. The play is what the play is. If it looks like a bad matchup for what the defense is doing, you call time out or you audible out of the play. But neither of those are Ferguson's responsibilities (same as Faneca, same as Keller, same as every individual player on the field).

A team can't have too many chiefs and not enough Indians where every individual player decides on his own who he's going to block or what pattern he's going to run.

So then its better to let one of the quickest DE's in the NFL have a free run at the QB because you think Faneca cant block a DT ?? Please

We don't think Faneca can't block a DT, we know it. I'll believe the coaches and players know what the play is and who is supposed to block who over someone on a message board.

I hate that also. Keep the back in the backfield. There's more decption in letting the defense think maybe we'll run the ball by keeping the back between the tackles than there is in all the motion and moving the likes of Tony Richardson wide, and I can't understand how even a stupid OC would think otherwise.

I hate that also. Keep the back in the backfield. There's more decption in letting the defense think maybe we'll run the ball by keeping the back between the tackles than there is in all the motion and moving the likes of Tony Richardson wide, and I can't understand how even a stupid OC would think otherwise.

I laugh everytime I see Richardson go out wide. Maybe one day they'll actually try to throw him the ball to keep the defense at least believing that it will happen.

I laugh everytime I see Richardson go out wide. Maybe one day they'll actually try to throw him the ball to keep the defense at least believing that it will happen.

Is Schottenheimer really thinking "Oooh, Richardson will probably be lined up against [insert linebacker name] as a receiver. That's a great matchup. Now all we need is for our rookie QB to go through his first 4 progressions in 1.3 seconds and it's TOUCHDOWN RICHARDSON! I am so smart."

Hard to point fingers here when nobody in this thread knows what the play was called and what there assignments were...it looked like Dbrick did what you are told to do when there is an overload.

But all of this is pointless. Why B Schitt insists on running the empty backfield with Sanchez is beyond me. It never works. Nobody believes you are throwing the ball to Tony R. And its just a stupid way to get your rookie QB killed by the best pass rushing duo in the league.

Leave a Rb back there to block. ****ing stupid.

I didn't see or read that yet, but it's obvious.

Ferguson doesn't decide, before the ball is snapped, to change the play or his blocking assignments. The play is what the play is. At least in theory the play is suppposed to work, in no small part, based on the blocking schemes and blocking assignments drawn up. You don't draw up every play and say it doesn't matter who the left tackle engages, but rather that he should take a look and kind of wing it every play. The play is what the play is. If it looks like a bad matchup for what the defense is doing, you call time out or you audible out of the play. But neither of those are Ferguson's responsibilities (same as Faneca, same as Keller, same as every individual player on the field).

A team can't have too many chiefs and not enough Indians where every individual player decides on his own who he's going to block or what pattern he's going to run.

I can't find the quote and the video isn't up on the Jets site-if I find it I'll post it

oh yea and one more game played without a completed RB screen...Ryan was baffled a couple of weeks ago when he was told that Shonn Green didn't have a catch yet this year

When you have an idiot for an OC, these things happen :(

DBrick double teamed someone who was already engaged with one of our O linemen, there was no need to double someone when one of the best pass rushers was standing there with a free run at a rookie franchise qb. Make the adjustment, cause those are mistakes that cost games, or even a season. Your trying to tell me that if you see freeny standing there knowing your just going to double someone that you cant come off that assignment and kick out block to freeny?....I have a hard time believing this.

DBrick double teamed someone who was already engaged with one of our O linemen, there was no need to double someone when one of the best pass rushers was standing there with a free run at a rookie franchise qb. Make the adjustment, cause those are mistakes that cost games, or even a season. Your trying to tell me that if you see freeny standing there knowing your just going to double someone that you cant come off that assignment and kick out block to freeny?....I have a hard time believing this.

this isn't what happened

there was 2 blitzing backers and 4 rushing linemen... all the linemen had 1 player blocked, the 6th was freeney who came free both times.

the play-call or lack of audible is more to blame than DBrick.

So you're sticking to the story...

Brick had zero responsibility to block Freeney...

None whatsoever...

it's not a story it's what happened

believe it or not if brick "decides" to block freeney, the linebacker comes free in the B gap and gets to sanchez even quicker than freeney did

it's not a story it's what happened

believe it or not if brick "decides" to block freeney, the linebacker comes free in the B gap and gets to sanchez even quicker than freeney did

Is there really any point in arguing with people who don't understand what happens when you subtract five from six?

Archived