Get used to seeing Phillip Rivers and the Chargers

Lupz27

You know, thats really untrue. We don't have the yards to show for it, but we still rush 20+ times a game, and since its LT and Sproles in the backfield, defenses cant only focus on the pass.

Blitz? Rivers has consistently been great under pressure.

I appreceate the fact that the Jets have an extremely good defense, but what are they gonna focus on? Jackson? Okay. We have Floyd. No Floyd? GATES! Somehow cover Gates? Okay. Legedu Naanee. Nope? Screens to Sproles (see Sproles performances last year vs Colts). If somehow all of that is shut down (haha) then LT will have his first 100+ yard game of the year.

Our offense is one demensional in the idea of 'only passing yards,' but its a highly multi-faceted passing attack. If somehow that gets shut down, LT all day, baby.

Just a side note: Rivers has never thrown for 2+ INTs in a game in his career. Pretty good considering he plays Champ Bailey and Nnamdi Asomugha twice a year.

It is a one dimensional offense, he's right in saying that. You guys have not ran the ball for whatever reason and it would take an unlikely improvement for that to change Sunday. I don't think there is anyway Tomlinson gets over 100 yards against us regardless of what else does or doesn't happen. As painful as it must be for Bolt fans to accept, that man has simply broken down. I'm a huge LT fan too, but he has very little to offer at this point in his career.

Now it may be a one dimensional offense but that doesn't mean it isn't an outstanding offense. I'd rank Rivers as the second best passer in the league at the moment, just behind Manning. I really do think he's that good. That and you guys have some dangerous weapons, it really can be an unstoppable offense when it gets going. All that being said I think one of the strengths of this defense is the ability to matchup without "focusing" in on just one guy. Revis should be able to deal with Jackson, I think Rhodes can at least contain Gates although that will be an interesting matchup and we've been a great screen defense all season. Guy's like Nanee and Floyd do really scare me, I'm hoping that Rivers tries to go after Revis. Not sure what his ego's like but it would be a good week to go up against a QB looking to prove something.

20+ attempts per game. Minimal yards, but we still run it.

I think that whoever said "one dimensional" meant that the Chargers don't win games on the ground. Not that they don't try to run, but that it's not very successful and that the passing game is what puts up all the yardage and points.

I can barely remember the last time the Chargers made the Super Bowl...it came after an exciting win against Pittsburgh, of all teams. This season is San Diego's chance to erase years of their own bad memories. If they beat the Jets, I'm pulling for them all the way.

But in the meantime, go Jets!

No, I was temporarily banned becasue you guys were losing. Every time the Jets lose, all I hear is "this isn't the time."

Bitches.

At the rate you're going the next time it will probably be permanent. You gotta learn when to back off and when to antagonize people.

Rivers is a solid QB. Douche of a person.

You are so incredibly wrong. Rivers really is a great guy. The media just likes to latch on to the Cutler incident and the Indy fans incident (he told them he'd be back as they were cheering for his injury).

If you are going to accuse someone of being a douche, do some research. I'm sure if you did you would find that Phil is a heck of a guy.

Here's a vid that shows what kind of guy he is: http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=76286

Waitaminnute. Hold the phone. I'm too lazy to google it, but isn't USC kinda close to San Diego? Is Sanchez from around those parts?

I don't want him to get a "wandering eye".

USC is in LA county and San Diego is around a 3 hr ride south of that area. I'm sure he's been up and down that coast a few times.

Archived