Get used to seeing Phillip Rivers and the Chargers

Lupz27

IMO the Chargers will be in the playoffs just about every year with Rivers at the helm, and I also think the Jets will be in the playoffs just about every year with Rex and Sanchez. So this will probably be the first of many Jets Chargers playoff games in the near future kind of like the Pats Colts have been the last 9 years. So here is to winning the first of many playoff battles against the Chargers. :cheers:

We will see thr emergence of the SANCHIZE!

GO JETS!!!!!!!! IM ALREADY PUMPED AND IT ONLY TUESDAY! :yahoo:

I am so pumped been pumped non stop since the Colts game and my girlfriend is not very happy about it to say the least, I have been eating, breathing, and ****ting, Jets football.

I mean the way weve been playing latley...whos to say we couldnt have beaten the Colts starters?

I guess anythings possible, but i'd put my money on Peyton and the Colts. When you guys took the lead, he came out and effortlessly lead his team down the field for a quick score. Beat the Chargers this Sunday (which i think you won't) and we might find out the answer to that ?

I guess anythings possible, but i'd put my money on Peyton and the Colts. When you guys took the lead, he came out and effortlessly lead his team down the field for a quick score. Beat the Chargers this Sunday (which i think you won't) and we might find out the answer to that ?

Win or lose this week the future is bright for the Jets and that is the point of this thread, and whether Peyton would have beaten us is irrelevant I will not appologize for beating the Colts and then dismanttling the Bengals at home and beating them on the road to get where we are.

I here Henne and Porter played good sunday I heard Henne had 4 birdies and Porter had 2 birdies and an eagle sounds like they had a great weekend.

:rolleyes:

Win or lose this week the future is bright for the Jets and that is the point of this thread, and whether Peyton would have beaten us is irrelevant I will not appologize for beating the Colts and then dismanttling the Bengals at home and beating them on the road to get where we are.

I here Henne and Porter played good sunday I heard Henne had 4 birdies and Porter had 2 birdies and an eagle sounds like they had a great weekend.

:rolleyes:

Nor am i asking you too. I'm just stating the obvious. If the Texans and Steelers rested their players and we got it i would be estatic too....it's the way the chips fell and the Jets were given an oppurtunity in the playoffs. And about the golf thing if i made 4 birdies i would **** my pants with joy.

IMO the Chargers will be in the playoffs just about every year with Rivers at the helm, and I also think the Jets will be in the playoffs just about every year with Rex and Sanchez. So this will probably be the first of many Jets Chargers playoff games in the near future kind of like the Pats Colts have been the last 9 years. So here is to winning the first of many playoff battles against the Chargers. :cheers:

The Chargers may make the playoffs every year but they have been underachievers so far. Since Rivers became the starter here is their record.

2006: 14-2 lost in Divisional round against the Pats in San Diego

2007: 11-5 lost in AFC Championship against the Pats in Foxboro

2008: 8-8 lost in Divisional round against the Steelers in Pittsburgh

2009: 13-3 ???

They have won 3 playoff games in that stretch. They beat the Colts twice and the Titans once.

This year is the year for the Chargers. If they beat the Jets then they will go to the Super Bowl IMO. If they lose it's yet another unfulfilled season for them.

The Chargers may make the playoffs every year but they have been underachievers so far. Since Rivers became the starter here is their record.

They have won 3 playoff games in that stretch. They beat the Colts twice and the Titans once.

This year is the year for the Chargers. If they beat the Jets then they will go to the Super Bowl IMO. If they lose it's yet another unfulfilled season for them.

+1

So long as they have Rivers they definately will make playoff noise year in, year out, but their window is closing sooner than we might think in light of their defensive situation.

I think we would have been close in the colts game. they weren't blowing us out and our running game was starting to move. but like u said, we'll never know because they did pull their starters. we destroyed the benGALs and both games. This charger teams is going to be tough. if we can just stop gates and sproles we will win. I know that's a big just, but it's what we need to do.

I was pulled over today I am so amped, read story in other thread.

Let's just hope this is a feeling we have for years to come with Rex!

You too? I got a ticket for doing 9mph over the speed limit. I couldnt believe it.

Its really an interesting year Gainzo. The Jets lucked out, we lucked out on how we got into the playoffs and we lucked out on who are opponents are in the playoffs.

The Bengals and Chargers have almost as a pathetic of a history in the NFL as the Jets. This is a great opportunity to see the Jets win 2 playoffs games.

Its really an interesting year Gainzo. The Jets lucked out, we lucked out on how we got into the playoffs and we lucked out on who are opponents are in the playoffs.

The Bengals and Chargers have almost as a pathetic of a history in the NFL as the Jets. This is a great opportunity to see the Jets win 2 playoffs games.

I would love to see you guys knock off the Chargers this weekend. This decade has been odd to say the least when it comes to who wins the Super Bowl.

The only team to win the Super Bowl since 2000 with the #1 seed were the 2003 Pats.

2000: Ravens, wildcard round

2001: Pats, 1st round bye, #2 seed

2002: Bucs, 1st round bye, #2 seed

2003: Pats, 1st round bye, #1 seed

2004: Pats, 1st round bye, #2 seed

2005: Steelers, wildcard round

2006: Colts, wildcard round

2007: Giants, wildcard round

2008: Steelers, 1st round bye, #2 seed.

Looks like the Colts are screwed :D

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. They've constantly had the most talented roster in the NFL this decade, even going from Brees to Rivers in terms of the QB position.

All I know is on Sunday, I hope and expect them to get knocked out of the playoffs this year.

It's kinda strange to me that people have bought into Norv Turner now, because everyone hated him so much in the past. Rivers is another guy that people really hated too because they said he talked too much or was ****y or whatever. It looks like public opinion has turned on both of those decisions.

San Diego has been pretty constant, as have the Pats and Colts. I have no reason to expect any of those teams not to continue to constantly make the playoffs actually. The Jets are the team that we should be more worried about making the playoffs constantly, but the Jets have been solid this decade as well. The Steelers are a pretty young team that is talented that failed to make the playoffs this year, just to illustrate how hard it is to get in every year.

Let's say these teams do make it all the time though. Which on paper is pretty possible. That'd make the AFC very constant for the next 5 years or so. Every year it'd probably just be a different seeding of:

Chargers

Colts

Pats

Steelers (history even if they missed it this year)

Jets (the most unlikely through history)

Titans (I know they missed it too this year, but they are a young well coached team with talent)

Now in reality I think that list above already shows you how unlikely it is to make the playoffs every year. I think the Colts are the only one that have traditionally made it every single year. The Pats have made it all but one, and even in decline should always be good for at least a WC if not outright divisional entry.

I agree with this post. However, the Chargers are a very 1 dimensional team on offense. They are I believe last in rushing with Sproles and an soon-to-be retired LT. I doubt that the Chargers could beat a more well rounded team in the AFC to even make it to the superbowl until they establish a more credible running game.

This is actually why I feel that the jets will go there and beat them. With the #1 passing defense and #8 rushing defense in the Jets going against the #31 rushing offense in the Chargers I cant see the Chargers running up the score at all. I see them scoring about 20 points on Sunday, and the Jets can put up atleast 24 points with the way our offense is playing right now.

They have the talent though to consistently make the playoffs and make noise though, certainly not discrediting them on that regard.

Someone's cranky that the Jets could be playing the SB in his team's building :baby:

I used to wonder why you guys got all whinny and annoying when you lose every year and now I understand why. You guys let yourself fall into a trap every year. Seriously, why believe you have a legit shot of going all the way? You know it's not going to happen. You know you'll be complaining SOJ in a few days.

I used to wonder why you guys got all whinny and annoying when you lose every year and now I understand why. You guys let yourself fall into a trap every year. Seriously, why believe you have a legit shot of going all the way? You know it's not going to happen. You know you'll be complaining SOJ in a few days.

We've went from likely SB winners to the worst team in football at least 2 completely cycles this year, it's funner that way

says the 3rd place in the division team's fan...

We annoy you? Oh no, we must change our ways to satisfy such a productive poster.

:yawn:

This post exemplifies what a sad worthless life you lead (Although in fairness most of your posts do). You are a Miami Dolphins fan, a douchebag and here you are saying we annoy you? Realise this, no one gives a **** about you and you know it. You spend your free time of a Jets messageboard trying to get some pathetic thrill out of stirring up **** on a rival teams board? So in essence we're annoying you in the process of you trying to annoy us. Think about that and maybe re-evaluate your shocking excuse for a life.

Weak. Why be a fan? And you should know that just as well as us. And this wont be the SOJ because these Jets had no business in the playoffs let alone winning a game. Good sign for the future when you have a rookie QB and rookie HC. Especially considering this team starting to come together at the end of the season. Where as your team unraveled.

We've went from likely SB winners to the worst team in football at least 2 completely cycles this year, it's funner that way

lol - we match up well.

I agree with this post. However, the Chargers are a very 1 dimensional team on offense. They are I believe last in rushing with Sproles and an soon-to-be retired LT. I doubt that the Chargers could beat a more well rounded team in the AFC to even make it to the superbowl until they establish a more credible running game.

This is actually why I feel that the jets will go there and beat them. With the #1 passing defense and #8 rushing defense in the Jets going against the #31 rushing offense in the Chargers I cant see the Chargers running up the score at all. I see them scoring about 20 points on Sunday, and the Jets can put up atleast 24 points with the way our offense is playing right now.

They have the talent though to consistently make the playoffs and make noise though, certainly not discrediting them on that regard.

You know, thats really untrue. We don't have the yards to show for it, but we still rush 20+ times a game, and since its LT and Sproles in the backfield, defenses cant only focus on the pass.

Blitz? Rivers has consistently been great under pressure.

I appreceate the fact that the Jets have an extremely good defense, but what are they gonna focus on? Jackson? Okay. We have Floyd. No Floyd? GATES! Somehow cover Gates? Okay. Legedu Naanee. Nope? Screens to Sproles (see Sproles performances last year vs Colts). If somehow all of that is shut down (haha) then LT will have his first 100+ yard game of the year.

Our offense is one demensional in the idea of 'only passing yards,' but its a highly multi-faceted passing attack. If somehow that gets shut down, LT all day, baby.

Just a side note: Rivers has never thrown for 2+ INTs in a game in his career. Pretty good considering he plays Champ Bailey and Nnamdi Asomugha twice a year.

I am so pumped been pumped non stop since the Colts game and my girlfriend is not very happy about it to say the least, I have been eating, breathing, and ****ting, Jets football.

Can ya blame her?

Making her wear that Rex Ryan mask was a bit over the top

:)

Archived