tannebaum making the right moves

ylekram

releasing dead weight/overpaid players

trading for a high ceiling cb like cromartie for next years 3rd?no brainer there.i have a strong feeling that it will escalate to a 2nd,tho

they should seriously consider bring back coles for the slot for 2 year/4 mil.dude was always money hungry,bitched alot,and injured lately but the dude always played with heart and with a reduced role,could stay on the field

re-sign thomas jones to a 2 year/6 mil.he started to bitch about making $900,000 last year,but decided to keep his mouth shut and play.he only ran for 1400 yards and 14 tds.he probably was counting on his large payday this year after making chump change last year and that is why he would not restructure his contract.but in the end,he will not see many tempting offers coming his way.product of out ol?probably.but the dude is reliable,doesnt fumble,and is a highly respected team leader.with a reduced role,he can stay fresh all season

if the patriots cut adalius thomas,try and sign him as cheap as possible.not sure what he has left in the tank,but he knows rex's system well.well respected guy,and at worst could add more rotation to the olb position.

hopefully,tony richardson has 1 more year left in the tank or we might be in trouble.5th round pick or udfa?i dont know

jets will have to go de/nose tackle in both round 1 and 2.really need to get some youth on that line

rounds 5th,6th,and 7th?package them up and try to move up to the early 4th for some kinda draft sliding ol,receiver,running back project

re-sign/extend mangold,harris,d-brick,edwards,revis,and cromartie.forgetting someone?

next years draft

left guard,right tackle,slot receiver,and olb

Dude...

How can you open a post about Tanny making the right moves with:

releasing dead weight/overpaid players

And then make four of your next five points being that the Jets should sign Laveranues, TJ, Adalius, and TRich?

People with ADD have longer attention spans.

Wouldn't mind 3/4 of those old men, but Lava Coles has no place on this team. This is the year to get the rookie WR to grow with the franchise QB. Coles was never a slot option, and he's pretty close to toast at this point.

Dude...

How can you open a post about Tanny making the right moves with:

And then make four of your next five points being that the Jets should sign Laveranues, TJ, Adalius, and TRich?

People with ADD have longer attention spans.

Wouldn't mind 3/4 of those old men, but Lava Coles has no place on this team. This is the year to get the rookie WR to grow with the franchise QB. Coles was never a slot option, and he's pretty close to toast at this point.

LOL!!!!

I agree with the way you said it, but I personally would like to see Baker back here as well as AT. Brian Thomas is a shlub and has been his whole career. He had a good season this year and no one even heard about it. A good season for him is a down year for AT. I bet their numbers are comparable and AT is looked down on.

nice guess on the add thing.not hard to figure out.

i think you missed the point of dead weight.(sheppard and stickland are dead weight.even tho i liked stickland,he cant keep himself together)

i wouldnt consider coles or thomas jones dead weight at all.just over paid.that is why they are both gone.reduced roles at reduced salaries would make them very attractive options.stop gaps that know the system and can contribute.these 2 moves would allow the jets to address the biggest need they have right now.bar none.get younger at the defensive line

Given that we can't really pick up a third back in the third or fourth round I think it's obvious that bringing TJ back at a reduced rate is pivotal. I like Coles and would love to see him back but it may be a move in the wrong direction. Let's give one of our first day picks to a slot receiver who can grow with Sanchez. I like the Cromartie move and still think we need another CB, so there is no way we draft DE/OLB in the first two rounds. Next year we can draft DL, OL, OLB, S... The next big move I want to see Tanny make is one of two:

If we can't deal our first for Marshall, move Cotch to the slot and take CB with the second, then we need to stand pat and focus on restructuring the players we have now: Washington, Revis, Harris, and Mangold. This year is uncapped, let's front-load these contracts and we'll have the cap in years to come to sign some big names. Our dynasty is just beginning!

Archived