Tannenbaum: "Rhodes will be on team next season" - Star Ledger

Honestly, I was stunned that Tannenbaum even qualified his Rhodes statement with the "Unless something changes..." part. But, every GM has to lie. It's part of the gig.

I expect something to happen pretty quickly with his replacement-remember; Miami is looking for help at safety too and were about to spend big bucks on Rolle...I almost expect a deal to be announced by the time I get home from my gig tonight

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect something to happen pretty quickly with his replacement-remember; Miami is looking for help at safety too and were about to spend big bucks on Rolle...I almost expect a deal to be announced by the time I get home from my gig tonight

Good luck with your gig, Jimmy!

I would imagine that Rex and Pettine have targetted a specific guy and that Tannenbaum is pretty confident he can go get that one guy. It may not even be anyone that we know about right now, but if Rex picks him I think we'll be ok at the position. Rhodes brought a single skill to this secondary, and that was laying back in the weeds and tracking balls down deep. He is far from irreplaceable, imo.

Good luck with your gig, Jimmy!

QUOTE]

thanks man-yea I'm struggling a little vocally from singing outside on the past 4 cold Thursday nights. I learned No Expectations from Beggars Banquet today-added some harp in there, it sounds good and isn't too high to sing.

We'll have it all squared .... do Leaving On A Jet Plane and dedicate it to our girl Carrie .... it would mean a lot

Hutchinson is an idiot. Tannenbaum's comments on Rhodes were prefaced by 'unless something changes' just like every other time he's been asked about him this offseason. He didn't say anything more concrete than that.

looks like something changed

haha

I remember when this site was started the Jets had a PC around this time of year when the Jets said they have their top 22 players targeted. Some of the names asked about at that PC were Lamont Jordan "he will get more carries this year". Doug Brien "he will be here and so will Reggie McKenzie"...all gone. Whenever this team goes out of it's way to mention a player figure he's a goner

Reggie McKenzie? The Director of Football Operations? I'm glad they let him go, he's 59 years old! :D;)

Archived