Shotty - 2010

NJ

Hopefully, with additional weapons (WRs), and Sanchez heading into season 2 under center (no sophomore slump please!), he will have the weapons to open up the offense more.

With the Jets D (maybe minus Vernon Gholston?) and the expected good run game, this could add up to a Super Bowl berth.

• 5 months later...

I don't know who we replace him with - but much more often than not I don't like his play call. It was better in the play-off's I must admit, but what kind of horrific offense would we potentially have to display this coming season to get rid of him?

Was last night enough to do it? Probably not.

Callahan is a run run run guy. You need an OC who knows how to work with a young QB.

That is not Schottenheimer. Sanchez looks regressed. Kellen Clemens looked better against Rex Ryan's Ravens' defense a couple years ago than Mark did last night.

This is ridiculous...stop looking for f*cking scapegoats...It was the first game of the season (September football...)...we lost...get over it...This team and this offense have clearly played/had better days and seeing as we're mostly really young on offense...

Twist many stats as you want...no one expected a good offense in '06 and it turned out to be the best unit on the team...the personnel in '07 was just terrible...in '08 we won 8 games out of 11 with a QB who didn't even want to be here...then he got hurt and because he's Brett f*ckin Favre got to play anyway...in '09 we pull off an AFCG appearance with a rookie QB who threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs...It's not who calls the f*cking plays it's who runs the offense...competent QB play has led to good things for this team...Not competent playcalling...There's no basis for any of this whiny garbage beyond us losing one day and an inordinate amount of hatred amongst this fanbase for Schottenheimer.

Let it go. One game is one f*cking game...One game in September is not a reason to overhaul everything. That would be retarded...much like the constant bitching about Schottenheimer. Brian Schottenheimer does not play football on Sundays. Brian Schottenheimer was not on the field last night. He has no control of what the QB actually ends up doing, and to warp your mind to think any other way shows a complete lack of understanding of what a coach does and what a player does.

If the Jets let him go they'd 1. be retarded and be right back to SOJ and 2. watch him get hired within a week...easy.

• 3 months later...

This is ridiculous...stop looking for f*cking scapegoats...It was the first game of the season (September football...)...we lost...get over it...This team and this offense have clearly played/had better days and seeing as we're mostly really young on offense...

Twist many stats as you want...no one expected a good offense in '06 and it turned out to be the best unit on the team...the personnel in '07 was just terrible...in '08 we won 8 games out of 11 with a QB who didn't even want to be here...then he got hurt and because he's Brett f*ckin Favre got to play anyway...in '09 we pull off an AFCG appearance with a rookie QB who threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs...It's not who calls the f*cking plays it's who runs the offense...competent QB play has led to good things for this team...Not competent playcalling...There's no basis for any of this whiny garbage beyond us losing one day and an inordinate amount of hatred amongst this fanbase for Schottenheimer.

Let it go. One game is one f*cking game...One game in September is not a reason to overhaul everything. That would be retarded...much like the constant bitching about Schottenheimer. Brian Schottenheimer does not play football on Sundays. Brian Schottenheimer was not on the field last night. He has no control of what the QB actually ends up doing, and to warp your mind to think any other way shows a complete lack of understanding of what a coach does and what a player does.

If the Jets let him go they'd 1. be retarded and be right back to SOJ and 2. watch him get hired within a week...easy.

Ooooh a Schotty thread bump so early? But I already fapped...I knew I should have held out!

Jets finish 13th in points scored...could have finished in the top 3 with our talent level, no doubt, but the wrong plays were never called. We should have hired Mike Martz. He had a great offense 12 years ago, and I think he would have recaptured the magic here.

Edit: I sound crazy in that post above. Who knew...probably you guys but f*ckoff...

• 11 months later...

Who's that "Maxman" dude who defended Schotty so vigorously?

I dunno ... last I heard he got hit hard by the hurricane and was staying with some guy named shmozzy .... or something like that ....

Archived