Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its very out of character for you to dodge questions while only offering dooshy responses in return.

And I'm being dooshy cause I'm generally frustrated that you are doing the same damn thing you did yesterday that lead to JVOR revealing i had a role.

And I'm being dooshy cause I'm generally frustrated that you are doing the same damn thing you did yesterday that lead to JVOR revealing i had a role.

He has that Pac pitbull gene. Kinda cute? mo?

Only got a couple minutes and I see SMC has brought us the bad news once again. Seems the scum are really lucky or SMC decided to torture us. Either way this game is unsettling. I like it better when people just die at night. Easier cleaner.

I have reading to do but wanted to sit down while I can. My top two haven't changed, though it may after I get to read. I will get on later tonight, after 9 and go thru and give my thoughts. If I can I will jump on when I can.

Bit of a reach.

So you think JVOR, Sharrow and CTM were working together?

I think Sharrow, Slats and either JVOR or CTM were working together yesterday.

We know Sharrow and Slats were definitely scum.

At this point, JVOR simply revealed early... but I've got CTM lying flat out.

So, that is where my vote will stay until he does more than just act dooshy to me.

POWER RESTORED!

After 2 hours the power has finally been restored and all 9 members are in the day hall, none too worse for wear but they know what is coming. A member yells out:

Look over here!

BloodSplattered.jpg

The 9 members run to the far stairs and see splattered blood and a shredded uniform. But the name tags have been removed. They also lack the equipment to match the blood to one of the members. Nevertheless, this can only mean one thing

POWER RESTORED!

After 2 hours the power has finally been restored and all 9 members are in the day hall, none too worse for wear but they know what is coming. A member yells out:

Look over here!

BloodSplattered.jpg

The 9 members run to the far stairs and see splattered blood and a shredded uniform. But the name tags have been removed. They also lack the equipment to match the blood to one of the members. Nevertheless, this can only mean one thing

POWER RESTORED!

Look over here!

BloodSplattered.jpg

I think Sharrow, Slats and either JVOR or CTM were working together yesterday.

We know Sharrow and Slats were definitely scum.

At this point, JVOR simply revealed early... but I've got CTM lying flat out.

So, that is where my vote will stay until he does more than just act dooshy to me.

Don't hold your breath..

I'm not going to spell out what my role is and what is can do cause I'm not going to tip the towns hand to the things..

If that's not good enough for you guys, lynch me and you'll learn better for next time..

POWER RESTORED!

Look over here!

BloodSplattered.jpg

POWER RESTORED!

Look over here!

BloodSplattered.jpg

Don't hold your breath..

I'm not going to spell out what my role is and what is can do cause I'm not going to tip the towns hand to the things..

If that's not good enough for you guys, lynch me and you'll learn better for next time..

The game knows JVOR said you are roled... nothing else... other than that you lied about what that role can do, and that you and Sharrow seemed to be making up a role connected to the movie.

Just calling it like I see it.

With 2 conversions today, 3 in the game... its got to come down to either you or JVOR. I can't imagine that with 2 assimilations since yesterday that neither of you were targeted.

Right now, you lies are scummier than his quick reveal, IMO.

Anyone have any theories on how exactly this game isn't completely impossible for the town to win?

Best case scenario we're looking at 6-3 right now. Every time we lynch one of them it means dick because they just take one of us in return. Hell, the vig even hits scum right after a scum lynch and all that happens is scum takes two of us. The only way to win this thing at this point is for us to successfully lynch and get successful vig kills for two straight days, and even then we only win if there is just one conversion over that time period. Or if we actually get lucky and there are no conversions (seeming very unlikely), we still need 2 successful back to back lynches and a successful vig kill. If we are really sitting at 6-3 and miss our lynch, then that puts us at 5-3 and a conversation away from game over. What a load of ****.

Anyone have any theories on how exactly this game isn't completely impossible for the town to win?

Best case scenario we're looking at 6-3 right now. Every time we lynch one of them it means dick because they just take one of us in return. Hell, the vig even hits scum right after a scum lynch and all that happens is scum takes two of us. The only way to win this thing at this point is for us to successfully lynch and get successful vig kills for two straight days, and even then we only win if there is just one conversion over that time period. Or if we actually get lucky and there are no conversions (seeming very unlikely), we still need 2 successful back to back lynches and a successful vig kill. If we are really sitting at 6-3 and miss our lynch, then that puts us at 5-3 and a conversation away from game over. What a load of ****.

Feels kind of un-winnable.

Did you get some bad news?

I told you not to worry about me. I'm a bad ass mofo. The Thing doesnt have the balls to come after me.

I'd like to hear the results from last night.

Vote JVOR

I hate agreeing with you...but he too big of a risk and does us no good without that info.

Unvote

Vote JVOR

The game knows JVOR said you are roled... nothing else... other than that you lied about what that role can do, and that you and Sharrow seemed to be making up a role connected to the movie.

Just calling it like I see it.

With 2 conversions today, 3 in the game... its got to come down to either you or JVOR. I can't imagine that with 2 assimilations since yesterday that neither of you were targeted.

Right now, you lies are scummier than his quick reveal, IMO.

Seriously, I get your point, but what if his lies were to keep the scum team guessing? I understand wanting CTM to clarify, but clearly he's going to stick with the "its better for the town if I dont explain my role" routine and quite frankly, he's right. Assuming he cant be assimiliated...which the way this game has gone NK's/Night conversions/Day Conversion...I assume he's telling the truth. SMC had to make some very powerful town roles for this to be even and he's a very smart dude...I dont think he'd make a completley unfair game.

I have no idea how the movie worked, but i assume there was an original thing. I'm thinking with my role, it's possible that only a leader visits and converts don't do anything (vanilla cult if you will) Maybe getting the original stops conversions (which is still highly overpowered imo) or gets rid of the entire Thing cult.

I'm not convinced that's how it works. I'm just saying that there HAS to be a balancer besides a vig or else this game is impossible for town to win.

Its my opinion, that there are some very powerful town roles, who cant be assimilated (CTM like roles ) and the Things have just been lucky thus far in their targets.

There better be a leader that causes the other converted to die as well or some other role because 2 assimilations in one cycle is a bit excessive. Even if scum do not appear to be able to kill.

Its irrelevant that they can't kill, a conversion is FAR more powerful. A conversion allows them to (A) add members to their team AND (B) eliminate members from ours, which is essentially a night kill. Except that it also excludes the information that we would get which comes from death scenes of NKs, which helps the town. Plus it completely taints any investigation results, as they are essentially useless once the next conversion happens.

Vicious was my report btw. No one visited vicious and vicious didn't leave the room.

Wait a minute. You watched the one guy that everyone deemed roleless townie???

That is about as useful as if you'd never told us.

I'm pretty confident that either you or CTM is the scum we want today. He won't answer any questions... but lynching you would answer plenty.

Its my opinion, that there are some very powerful town roles, who cant be assimilated (CTM like roles ) and the Things have just been lucky thus far in their targets.

I'm sure you're right. Doesn't change the fact that I want to punch SMC in the fact right now. :P

Then again, this kind of reminds me of my and CTM's feelings towards EY in the Zombie game when suddenly JiF's punk ass comes back from the dead, and that worked out in the end (for me at least). They're probably just a lucky bunch of bastards, but they still seem to have an awful lot of conversion attempts.

Wait a minute. You watched the one guy that everyone deemed roleless townie???

That is about as useful as if you'd never told us.

I'm pretty confident that either you or CTM is the scum we want today. He won't answer any questions... but lynching you would answer plenty.

psst. He could've been lying about his role. You know, something mafia does. If he suddenly is able to visit but was a claimed roled townie then you have scum.

Its irrelevant that they can't kill, a conversion is FAR more powerful. A conversion allows them to (A) add members to their team AND (B) eliminate members from ours, which is essentially a night kill. Except that it also excludes the information that we would get which comes from death scenes of NKs, which helps the town. Plus it completely taints any investigation results, as they are essentially useless once the next conversion happens.

All of this is true, which is why i agree with jif and beleive jvor.

Scum is either nueutered in some way, or town is seriously powerful, otherwise the game is unwinnable and smc is way to smart for that..

we can however, follow i28's lead and start lynching power roles who claim to have assimilation protection abilities.. that'll make the game unwinnable for sure..

Scum is either nueutered in some way, or town is seriously powerful, otherwise the game is unwinnable and smc is way to smart for that..

we can however, follow i28's lead and start lynching power roles who claim to have assimilation protection abilities.. that'll make the game unwinnable for sure..

As much as I hate to say this, I believe JVoR now.

psst. He could've been lying about his role. You know, something mafia does. If he suddenly is able to visit but was a claimed roled townie then you have scum.

Psst... this is what I have been insinuating. That is why I voted for him.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to vote for you too... lynching either of you is going to provide answers imo.

Wouldn't that make you scum though =/

Archived