B.Thomas will remain no matter what.

visajets

There was never any chance of him going anywhere. This only started up as ridiculous speculation by these very same reporters when the Jets started looking at Taylor. It was clear even from then they were just pulling it out of their asses. His pass rush may not be what you'd hope, but Thomas is a much better player than he gets credit for, and the Jets would have no reason to get rid of him.

Pretty good news did not want to see him go he was huge filling in for pace last season and still can help the team out.

He had 2 sacks in Rex's system last year. He has no value really. He's not fast, he's not a pass rusher, he's not good in coverage he bombed as a DE (the position he was drafted for). The only thing he's got going for him is he's durable.

This guy can't leave soon enough, I don't see why year after year people give this guy a pass.

He had 2 sacks in Rex's system last year. He has no value really. He's not fast, he's not a pass rusher, he's not good in coverage he bombed as a DE (the position he was drafted for). The only thing he's got going for him is he's durable.

This guy can't leave soon enough, I don't see why year after year people give this guy a pass.

:face:

Couldn't agree more. Another of Bradways "draft day reaches". So similar to the DRob draft nit's scvary. He's done diddly squat considering his draft position.

Not really sure what thats about. B.T is so pedestrian. I thought most people knew this.

The funny thing about BT is he turned from a massive bust (pre-2006) to overrated (2006) to actually underrated (2008 / 2009). He's never been a fantastic pass-rusher, but he also was moved out of that role more when Pace was brought on board. He certainly has the ability to do more than he did last year, but he's not being asked to and that's because its not really his greatest strength.

Don't get me wrong, Thomas is no superstar, but he's great against the run and far better in coverage than given credit for (particularly for a guy switching from DE). No team is going to be filled with superstars and Thomas is the kind of guy who is good enough to be part of a good supporting cast to the superstars that you do have on a top-flight defense. Would you like an upgrade in the pass-rush over him? Sure, but that doesn't nullify his abilities and even if that person was brought on board, that doesn't mean Thomas wouldn't still have a valuable role on this team.

The funny thing about BT is he turned from a massive bust (pre-2006) to overrated (2006) to actually underrated (2008 / 2009). He's never been a fantastic pass-rusher, but he also was moved out of that role more when Pace was brought on board. He certainly has the ability to do more than he did last year, but he's not being asked to and that's because its not really his greatest strength.

Don't get me wrong, Thomas is no superstar, but he's great against the run and far better in coverage than given credit for (particularly for a guy switching from DE). No team is going to be filled with superstars and Thomas is the kind of guy who is good enough to be part of a good supporting cast to the superstars that you do have on a top-flight defense. Would you like an upgrade in the pass-rush over him? Sure, but that doesn't nullify his abilities and even if that person was brought on board, that doesn't mean Thomas wouldn't still have a valuable role on this team.

B.T is horrid, absolutely horrid in coverage, not a knock on the guy, he's a DE/ pass rushing OLB.

Pace is actually the better coverage guy. Pace is a jack-of-all-trades... he's good anywhere you put him. Thus why he was so highly regarded.

B.T was still at OLB all year ( Starting mind you) and blitzing a ton as Rex called heavy blitz A LOT. 2 sacks!

B.T is good against the run. Thats about it, he gets abused by faster backs that can get outside on the edge because he's slow and lethargic. He went from bust to overrated. He had that one year where he had really good numbers, at his best he was just good.

He played schotty as a DE (his natural position) and if we had not shifted to a 3-4 he wouldn't be here. Fact!

The guy had little value on the market, he's not going to offer a team a whole lot but durability. This is why there is still such a pressing need for an outside linebacker.

Bill Belichick is PRAYING that Tannenbaum and Ryan are stupid enough to cut Bryan Thomas-He'll be a Patriot before he even can book a flight

Good, let Beli have B.T. I'm not worried. B.T doesn't scare anyone.

and he's never missed a game as far as I can recall-he has done everything ever asked of him since he got here and never once complained, whether it be fill in for Abraham if it was his time of the month and he even was switched to the inside-I've become a big fan-a true lunch bucket type player.

I use to hate on BT a lot a few years back only because of where he was drafted and who was still on the board at the time (Ed Reed), but he's been solid for a few years now IMO, nothing special but a solid role player and you need those types of players on your team.

Archived