Back-up QB

jets22

Anyone got any info or thoughts on our Back-up QB situation? Whats the deal with all these FA rules, I know we showed interest in Brunell. I liked what Ainge did in Pre-season last year and he looked decent, he also has been in the system now for awhile, but I am kinda leary going in with him as back-up. And has anyone heard anything about trading KC, I know they gave him the green light to look for a trade. Thanks

I think we wind up with Brunell once the final eight rules expire.

Best case scenario is that Ainge or O'Connell has improved by leaps and bounds over last season and wins the #2 job. I think they legitimately really like O'Connell. That would make Brunell inactive insurance, which is fine by me.

Anyone got any info or thoughts on our Back-up QB situation? Whats the deal with all these FA rules, I know we showed interest in Brunell. I liked what Ainge did in Pre-season last year and he looked decent, he also has been in the system now for awhile, but I am kinda leary going in with him as back-up. And has anyone heard anything about trading KC, I know they gave him the green light to look for a trade. Thanks

I'm guessing we'll go with KC and Ainge. KC does know the system and has ZERO trade value.

I think we wind up with Brunell once the final eight rules expire.

Best case scenario is that Ainge or O'Connell has improved by leaps and bounds over last season and wins the #2 job. I think they legitimately really like O'Connell. That would make Brunell inactive insurance, which is fine by me.

I hope you're right

we can't carry 4 QB's again, right ?

I'm kinda surprised tanny didn't trade one of em over the draft

I hope you're right

we can't carry 4 QB's again, right ?

I'm kinda surprised tanny didn't trade one of em over the draft

I think they carried four because they really liked O'Connell, and were indecisive on the other two. It wouldn't surprise me if they carried four, or even five (including Brunnell or another vet here) into training camp - hoping to trade one of them away for even a seventh round pick. But come the regular season, I really hope we're back down to three.

Maybe one of the arms they invited to the rookie camp makes it all the way to the practice squad or something.

Archived