How many Pro Bowlers in 2010?

Jetsfan80

OK, its definitely WAY too early for a thread like this, but its the offseason and I'm doing it anyways.

My 2010 Pro Bowlers (9):

RB Shonn Greene -- The primary ballcarrier for the # 1 running team in the NFL, this is a no-brainer.

TE Dustin Keller -- blanket receiver for Sanchez has terrific season for Jets as the guy defenses forget about. The Jets will have more RZ trips than last season, I believe, and Keller will get LOTS of touchdown opportunities.

C Nick Mangold -- Not much needs to be said here.

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- Won't be a starter, but will earn his 2nd straight trip to Hawaii.

NT Kris Jenkins -- Yes, he'll stay healthy for most of the season. Yes, he'll dominate.

ILB David Harris -- Back-to-back Pro Bowls for Harris.

ILB Bart Scott -- Yes, I have Bart making his first trip since 2006. Why? Because if I'm right about Jenkins staying healthy, that puts Scott in a great position to rack up tackles and perhaps get some strip sacks.

CB Darrelle Revis -- Naturally.

CB Antonio Cromartie -- Cro is in an ideal situation with the Jets. Be a pure man-to-man cover corner and don't worry all that much about tackling. Plus, with Revis on the other side, teams will be forced to pick on him. I.E. lots of INT opportunities and a 2007-like season.

Once enough of them dropped out, David Garrard made it last year. Just sayin'.

Well, I can't deny that. But I can't really consider Garrard a true Pro Bowler because he was like the 7th alternate.

I'd rather Sanchez doesn't even get invited if it comes to that.

Maybe so, but he won't get as many touches as Greene.

Yeah he will. Greene's never played a full NFL season, and it's not that easy.

I think we'll send Mangold, D'Brick, Revis, Edwards, Jenkins, Ellis, Scott, Folk, and Pace. Pace is in there because he's going to be our best LB next year. 12-15 sacks. Folk because I feel lucky.

I don't see the Jets sending two CB's

My take on it is that Revis gets in because he's Revis, and Cromartie gets in because of his numbers. He'll probably get thrown at more than any CB in the NFL, and he's talented enough to make something out of those opportunities.

If we make the Superbowl I'd expect 4 or 5 to be named:

Mangold (Easily the best)

Greene (Is going to be beastly this season IMO)

Jenkins (If he stays healthy)

Harris (It should be Scott, he's better but Harris gets the stats)

Revis (Obvious)

If we don't make the Superbowl I'd expect half the team to be brought in - Maybe even Sanchez.

Trade out Greene for LT. I think this guy is going to be rejuvenated.

Maybe so, but he won't get as many touches as Greene.

This is something that really excites me for this season. Will LT play with a chip on his shoulder and become rejuvenated behind the number one offensive line in the league? Everything we read says he's working his butt off, even Big Jenks felt the need to give him props.

J80. I see LT getting as many carries as he earns and can handle. Nothing wrong with him dominating the early games and then letting Shaun Greene loose to punish the already tired defense. Some of my favorite games are ones where C-Mart ran the defense tired and Lamont just ran thru people in the later quarters.

Archived