Start Spreading the News

flgreen

Of all the talk I've heard, Kraft sounds like the best spokesman for the Superbowl in NY. It's the first time I've heard the "it's good for the country" line used.

Kraft has been a more vocal lobbiest for a NY SB than Woody. Of course the Giants and Jets are going to be pro-SB in NYC, but if the New York gets it will have more to do with Patriot's owner swaying fellow owners than anything done by the Jets or Giants.

Kraft has been a more vocal lobbiest for a NY SB than Woody. Of course the Giants and Jets are going to be pro-SB in NYC, but if the New York gets it will have more to do with Patriot's owner swaying fellow owners than anything done by the Jets or Giants.

If the Pats play a Super Bowl in NY against any team but the Giants the stadium will be 80% Pats fans. There might be an element of self interest here.

This is the most homerish thing I've ever heard in my entire life. And I'm watching the simpsons right now.

If the Pats play a Super Bowl in NY against any team but the Giants the stadium will be 80% Pats fans. There might be an element of self interest here.

While I do agree with you Kraft is motivated by self interest, I don't think that is the primary self interest. If the Giants stadium can host the SB so can Gillette. If NYC is too cold for a SB, so is NE.

While I do agree with you Kraft is motivated by self interest, I don't think that is the primary self interest. If the Giants stadium can host the SB so can Gillette. If NYC is too cold for a SB, so is NE.

show me one business owner who isn't

Boston doesn't come with the bright lights and big city that NY does. It has zero to do with weather, and everything to do with Broadway.

Boston doesn't come with the bright lights and big city that NY does. It has zero to do with weather, and everything to do with Broadway.

While Boston is not as large as NYC, for bright lights and things to do it beats out pretty much every other NFL city.

Bottom line: If NYC can have a SB, so can Boston. If NY loses this bid, the SB ain't coming to NE, w/o a dome.

The only reason why both the cities haven't had a SB is weather and a lack of a dome. If NE had build a dome instead of a roofless stadium 2002, it would have had a SB by now.

While Boston is not as large as NYC, for bright lights and things to do it beats out pretty much every other NFL city.

Bottom line: If NYC can have a SB, so can Boston. If NY loses this bid, the SB ain't coming to NE, w/o a dome.

The only reason why both the cities haven't had a SB is weather and a lack of a dome. If NE had build a dome instead of a roofless stadium 2002, it would have had a SB by now.

Yeah I guess it didn't have anything to do with the awful stadium NY had.

Dude, just suck the guy off and get it over with already.

No. Wrong.

New York does not equal Boston.

New York >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boston

And it's not that close.

+ 1

If the NYC SB winds up being a success Kraft will lobby hard for his own big show.

The immediate impetus for breaking the cold weather barrier is to hold the SuperBowl in NY, the biggest market and most glamorous showcase possible. If NY had a domed stadium, they would schedule one or more SuperBowls there and would be no discussion of cold weather cities.

However, New York does not have a domed stadium, so to give New York a Super Bowl requires eliminating the cold weather rule. However, once that rule is done away with, other cold weather cities will rightfully clamor for their chance to host a SuperBowl, and I think it will be hard for the other owners to keep turning them down. Yes, I know none of those cities are New York, none of those other cities have Broadway and so much more, but still, fair is fair.

Archived