High School Football

Maxman

My son signed up for high school football. Started weight lifting this week the day after baseball ended. I went to a parent's meeting tonight, got the schedule etc. Get home and I am pretty psyched, I ask him if he wants to do drills. We are in his bedroom, I am the offensive lineman, he is the defense.

I was like Brandon Moore, he just wasn't getting by me. No holding it was clean, Sanchez had all day in the pocket.

Then all of a sudden we hear this smash downstairs. My wife is yelling at us to stop. A light bulb fell out of the ceiling fan. We go downstairs to clean it up and he says, Mom it was all Dad's fault. We were talking football and then he decided to go all Stomp the Yard as he was pretending to be an offensive lineman.

I think I am giving the Jets a call though. I am replacing Faneca...

:-P

My son signed up for high school football. Started weight lifting this week the day after baseball ended. I went to a parent's meeting tonight, got the schedule etc. Get home and I am pretty psyched, I ask him if he wants to do drills. We are in his bedroom, I am the offensive lineman, he is the defense.

I was like Brandon Moore, he just wasn't getting by me. No holding it was clean, Sanchez had all day in the pocket.

Then all of a sudden we hear this smash downstairs. My wife is yelling at us to stop. A light bulb fell out of the ceiling fan. We go downstairs to clean it up and he says, Mom it was all Dad's fault. We were talking football and then he decided to go all Stomp the Yard as he was pretending to be an offensive lineman.

Good luck with that.

Just stop Max, just stop...you're going way over board with this hyped up buildup of the upcoming season...you're going to wreck the house even before the season starts...your son is right. This is all your fault...go eat a twinkie or something.

That is a great line... Your kid is funny.

That is a great line... Your kid is funny.

Thanks. I thought it was a pretty good line. Especially since we were both getting the look of death at the time. The right one liner can always turn those situations around.

good luck to him...

He says TE and LB.

But this is a really small group one school so at least initially he is destined for the line. :-P

unless u r a athletic freak in High School, the old adage still applies to get a kid on field the most..In Football, Off Line, in baseball play catcher.

Question is, did you put your old Varsity jersey on?

My high school actually didn't have a football team when I was there. A kid had died a few years before my freshman year and they canceled the program.

unless u r a athletic freak in High School, the old adage still applies to get a kid on field the most..In Football, Off Line, in baseball play catcher.

Probably still true for OLineman but these days Catchers are often one of the best athletes on the team.

Probably still true for OLineman but these days Catchers are often one of the best athletes on the team.

true, i guess i meant catchers for little league, not HS, where everyone wants to be a pitcher or infielder..

true, i guess i meant catchers for little league, not HS, where everyone wants to be a pitcher or infielder..

Oh yeah, gotcha. Yes catchers for little league just have to want to catch. If you aren't afraid of the ball, you are good to go. :-P

God help us all. :( AND the Jets ;)

He says TE and LB.

But this is a really small group one school so at least initially he is destined for the line. :-P

Common. baby Crusher's gargantuan self ended up on D line for first three years. Finally got to play linebacker last year. Key is for the kids to have fun and for the dads to try not and hurt themselves.

Archived