Jets Uncork Limited-Release Commemorative Wine

Bruce Banner

I actually have a bottle of Jets red table wine with Emerson Boozer on the label. Don't remember when I bought it, but it had to be sometime in the early '90s. It's been sitting in the back of my liquor cabinet since the day I bought it, untouched until the Jets win a Championship. I'll snap a pic of the bottle tonight and post tomorrow.

I actually have a bottle of Jets red table wine with Emerson Boozer on the label. Don't remember when I bought it, but it had to be sometime in the early '90s. It's been sitting in the back of my liquor cabinet since the day I bought it, untouched until the Jets win a Championship. I'll snap a pic of the bottle tonight and post tomorrow.

hope u like vinegar

A NY wine would not complete with a Napa Valley Cabernet. It's all in the volcanic ash which will make this wine both fruity and favorable to the palette.

The Finger Lakes area has glacial soil which imparts a special tastiness to the grape. And while it's too cold to grow cabernet up there, they have a red grape called Ives which will knock your socks off.

The New York Jets should have gone with New York grapes.

Yeah, I know it hasn't been stored properly. Wine wasn't my thing back in my beer days. Hopefully it'll taste just fine sprinkled on a nice garden salad.

haha i was referring to the jets inability to win the big one in 40 years. hoping this year is different though...

The Finger Lakes area has glacial soil which imparts a special tastiness to the grape. And while it's too cold to grow cabernet up there, they have a red grape called Ives which will knock your socks off.

The New York Jets should have gone with New York grapes.

I agree with the NY wine thing. $28 a bottle doesn't get you into the elite level, I'm sure there is at least one NY wine that can compete with $28 california wine.

I agree with the NY wine thing. $28 a bottle doesn't get you into the elite level, I'm sure there is at least one NY wine that can compete with $28 california wine.

Oh man totally disagree. There are several elite reds in the 30 dollar range.

The northeast itself produces some great whites, but reds are a different story. Cali, Spain, Italy...etc., haven't really come across reds from this area that can compete with their best.

Oh man totally disagree. There are several elite reds in the 30 dollar range.

What would you consider an elite wine in the $30 range? I can't think of any and I had $100,000 wine room at my last job.

There are some very good wines that you can get for that price, but wine is like most things in life; you get what you pay for.

Archived