Jets Uncork Limited-Release Commemorative Wine

Bruce Banner

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/3727-jets-uncork-limited-release-commemorative-wine

Jets fans have something new to toast today. The team announced today it is creating a limited-release Jets Uncorked, a 2008 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, made from the finest grapes California has to offer. The team made the announcement at a reception in The Tiffany Green Room at the new stadium at the conclusion of the Jets

The Jets announced today that they are taking preorders for a new, limited release commemorative wine called Jets Uncorked. The 2008 cabernet sauvignon will be available for $27.99 on the team's website.

Anyway to make a buck.

ecurb let me guess you already bought a case.

The team announced today it is creating a limited-release Jets Uncorked, a 2008 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, made from the finest grapes California has to offer.

New York has wine country upstate and on Long Island. No one thought to maybe use local grapes for a NY Jet wine?

A NY wine would not complete with a Napa Valley Cabernet. It's all in the volcanic ash which will make this wine both fruity and favorable to the palette. From the description this wine would make for the perfect "Adult" Tailgate with either Pork (Ribs/Chops), Lamb or Beef.

I intend to buy 2 bottles & keep one as a keepsake of the new stadium's opening.

Besides, I can share the one bottle with my BRAZILIAN GIRLFRIEND! :cheers:

You know, some times you can drink - Not Just to get drunk!

A NY wine would not complete with a Napa Valley Cabernet. It's all in the volcanic ash which will make this wine both fruity and favorable to the palette. From the description this wine would make for the perfect "Adult" Tailgate with either Pork (Ribs/Chops), Lamb or Beef.

I intend to buy 2 bottles & keep one as a keepsake of the new stadium's opening.

You seem to know a lot about wine there. Are u an oenophile or something? pretty delicate hobby you have there.

Yes, fruity indeed.

Nah, special edition reds, like this, made under the appearance of marketing exclusivity tend to be rushed and, put bluntly, not very good. Cabs are definitely pretty awesome for tailgate steaks, but wines like this tend to be more about the label on the outside than what's actually inside the bottle. The odds of this living up to the $28 price-tag are slim to none. Combined with what you'll pay for shipping, spend another 15 bucks or so and get a bottle of Caymus.

You seem to know a lot about wine there. Are u an oenophile or something? pretty delicate hobby you have there.

No, not really. I enjoy the occasional wine but being a Diabetic, I usually don't get to drink as much as I would like to.

Besides, they say a glass of wine a week is quite good for you - Antioxidents.

Of course, if I had the money, I'd own a wine cellar!

BaumerJet, RJF.....I didn't know you two were gay. Why was your JN family (especially the mods) the last to know?

Didn't anyone get the fact that I have a BRAZILLIAN GIRLFRIEND?!!

I'm almost 50, so wine has become a part of my culture/age.

Not that I have to prove my Heterosexuality...

Nah, special edition reds, like this, made under the appearance of marketing exclusivity tend to be rushed and, put bluntly, not very good. Cabs are definitely pretty awesome for tailgate steaks, but wines like this tend to be more about the label on the outside than what's actually inside the bottle. The odds of this living up to the $28 price-tag are slim to none. Combined with what you'll pay for shipping, spend another 15 bucks or so and get a bottle of Caymus.

That's my take. It's all a marketing thing, obviously. Seems like using local grapes would've been a better promotional angle.

I like an occasional glass of wine do not have to spend 28 bucks to get a decent wine either.

For all we know, Woody is probably an oenophile (a connesour of fine wines) and he likes Napa Valley Reds...

...and I agree, I like California wines over Orange County Reds. Now if it was a white zinfandel, there could be competion...

...And Faba, we are talking about a 1.7 liter of wine. If that's what you call a glass, you have a problem & need help. $28.00 is not bad for a 2008 Napa...

...But I digress.

Faba definitely has a problem but it has little to do with wine.

Anyone that wants to spend to get a bottle of Jet wine go ahead- I spend enough on tickets and Jet trips and yes I do have many problems.

Anyone that wants to spend to get a bottle of Jet wine go ahead- I spend enough on tickets and Jet trips and yes I do have many problems.

i predict 90% of the sold bottles will collect dust on someone's shelf just like with those stupid ncaa championship coke cans. honestly they could fill the bottle with motor oil and people would still buy them.

No, not really. I enjoy the occasional wine but being a Diabetic, I usually don't get to drink as much as I would like to.

Besides, they say a glass of wine a week is quite good for you - Antioxidents.

Of course, if I had the money, I'd own a wine cellar!

Aww that sucks. My Aunt is also diabetic but she drinks a lot. It doesnt seem to bother her.

If loving wine is gay, then bring on the penises.

The winemaker created Mount Veeder, which is pretty tasty, but RJF is probably right. These promotional wines never live up to the hype, especially at $28.

Archived