Only 2,250 PSL's yet to be sold. No chance of a Black out

flgreen

New York Jets have sold 75% of PSLs, so 'there's no chance of a blackout' for Gang Green opener

By Manish Mehta

Daily News Sports Writer

Tuesday, July 20th 2010, 4:51 PM

alg_jets_practice.jpg Willens/AP

Don't worry New York Jets fans. Gang Green promises all PSLs will be sold, and the season opener on Sept. 13 won't be blacked out.

Related News

The Jets have sold 75 percent of the 9,000 unsold personal seat licenses that were reduced in price by up to 50 percent last month. (If you do the math, that means there's about 2,250 PSLs yet to be sold).

The team is fully confident that the remaining PSLs at the New Meadlowlands Stadium will be sold in time to avoid a blackout for the Monday Night season opener against the Ravens on Sept. 13.

"We're 100 percent certain that we're going to sell out by opening day," Matt Higgins, the Executive Vice President of Business Operations, told me this morning. "There's no chance of a blackout."

Three sections - the Lower End Zone (50 percent reduction), Mezzanine Endzone B (39 percent reduction) and Lower Sideline (33 percent reduction) - were affected by the reduction nearly six weeks ago.

The Jets will not make any further reduction in PSL prices. Higgins admitted that there will be some unsold club seats heading into the season, but they are excluded from the NFL's blackout rules.

"Every hour the phone just keeps ringing with fans interested in purchasing tickets," Higgins said. "There will be no need to adjust those prices any further. We expect a full sellout."

The Jets also started calling fans on a waiting list for Upper Bowl seats since many ticket holders in the Upper Bowl upgraded to purchase the reduced PSL seats, Higgins said.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nothing would be more embarassing than a 75% full stadium at the opener. well except a 30-0 blowout loss.

they sold 75% of the 9,000 remaining unsold PSL seats, so even if they don't sell 'em all that's only 2,000 seats

they sold 75% of the 9,000 remaining unsold PSL seats, so even if they don't sell 'em all that's only 2,000 seats

However, they don't mention a large amount of UD people moved to 2.5k seats and people in TC and LGL moved to LSL 10K seats.

Everytime someone moves it creates new seats to sell. The real stat is how many were sold t new people.

I dont believe it. Its like going to a Minor League baseball game where they announce the attendance is 6000 people and there arent 600 people in the place.

Yeah except this isnt minor league baseball... lol

Trust me call them with your wallet in your mouth ready to plop down 30 grand and you will get to know all the seats available to you.. and there are far less available than most think...

Yeah except this isnt minor league baseball... lol

Trust me call them with your wallet in your mouth ready to plop down 30 grand and you will get to know all the seats available to you.. and there are far less available than most think...

there will always be seats available to me PSL free on stubhub

there will always be seats available to me PSL free on stubhub

I never said there wouldnt be... lol

Just saying selling out PSLs will not be a problem and there are far fewer seats available than people think....

Stubhub is fine for someone who wants to go to the occasional game, I did it for years.

If you want to be at every game for me and my seating preference PSLs were cheaper.

Just saying selling out PSLs will not be a problem and there are far fewer seats available than people think....

Stubhub is fine for someone who wants to go to the occasional game, I did it for years.

If you want to be at every game for me and my seating preference PSLs were cheaper.

How were PSLs cheaper------:confused:

If Woody decides to pull an Art Modell what would the PSL be worth and what good would it be----:confused: Just sayin.............

How were PSLs cheaper------:confused:

If Woody decides to pull an Art Modell what would the PSL be worth and what good would it be----:confused: Just sayin.............

For me, going to most home games for the next 30 years it was cheaper to lock in my great seats and pay the PSL than it would have been to buy similar seats on stubhub.

Selling out of PSLs won't be a problem? It has already been a huge problem for them, thus ALL the price cuts. Remember they lowered ticket prices a few times.

Selling out of PSLs won't be a problem? It has already been a huge problem for them, thus ALL the price cuts. Remember they lowered ticket prices a few times.

2,500 tickets to go, with hard knocks coming up and last minute buyers.... those will be gone

For me, going to most home games for the next 30 years it was cheaper to lock in my great seats and pay the PSL than it would have been to buy similar seats on stubhub.

I'm genuinely happy that you are now an NFL season ticket holder. Good for you. Just a few questions:

1). How many PSL's did you purchase?

2). What is the total cost for the PSL's?

3a). Did you do a "payment" plan for the PSL's?

3b). If so what are the terms (length of plan, what is the interest rate on your plan)?

4). Have you thought about the fact that the Jets can raise ticket prices whenever they want and you are contractually obligated to purchase those tickets in order to keep your PSL's?

I look forward to your reply.

I'm genuinely happy that you are now an NFL season ticket holder. Good for you. Just a few questions:

1). How many PSL's did you purchase?

2). What is the total cost for the PSL's?

3a). Did you do a "payment" plan for the PSL's?

3b). If so what are the terms (length of plan, what is the interest rate on your plan)?

4). Have you thought about the fact that the Jets can raise ticket prices whenever they want and you are contractually obligated to purchase those tickets in order to keep your PSL's?

I look forward to your reply.

Just a simple answer... I know math... I did the math... the math works in my favor even with 5% increases annually.

Just a simple answer... I know math... I did the math... the math works in my favor even with 5% increases annually.

How the hell does the math work in your favour? That makes no sense at all. You are paying for the right to pay for something that you have no control over.

How the hell does the math work in your favour? That makes no sense at all. You are paying for the right to pay for something that you have no control over.

I only buy lower level sideline seats from stubhub, so if I were to buy ticktes to 90% of games on stubhub over 30 years my cost would be far greater than the $140 tickets I got now even with PSLs factored in.

I payed $30k in PSLs, over 30 years (life of the stadium?) that is $100/game that is far less than the markup I will pay on games through stubhub... throw in the occasional playoff game and I am in great shape.

I only buy lower level sideline seats from stubhub, so if I were to buy ticktes to 90% of games on stubhub over 30 years my cost would be far greater than the $140 tickets I got now even with PSLs factored in.

I payed $30k in PSLs, over 30 years (life of the stadium?) that is $100/game that is far less than the markup I will pay on games through stubhub... throw in the occasional playoff game and I am in great shape.

I never talked about stubhub. Most, if not all, NFL teams have a ticket exchange program where you can buy tickets at face value (plus a $5 Ticketmaster fee).

I still don't see how it is fiscally responsible to lay down $30k for the right to buy tickets. For all you know your $140 ticket could be $240 ticket in 5 years. What happens if the Jets suck in a few years?

As I said; good for you mate. Just don't try and tell everyone that buying a PSL is a good thing as it isn't good at all.

I never talked about stubhub. Most, if not all, NFL teams have a ticket exchange program where you can buy tickets at face value (plus a $5 Ticketmaster fee).

I still don't see how it is fiscally responsible to lay down $30k for the right to buy tickets. For all you know your $140 ticket could be $240 ticket in 5 years. What happens if the Jets suck in a few years?

As I said; good for you mate. Just don't try and tell everyone that buying a PSL is a good thing as it isn't good at all.

You cannot buy JETS tickets through ticketmaster at face value, if you can please prove me wrong and I will be the happiest man alive.

2,500 tickets to go, with hard knocks coming up and last minute buyers.... those will be gone

That could happen, I agree that Hard Knocks will be huge and is going to get people excited.

That being said, PSLs were already a problem, the Jets are taking in MILLIONS less than they planned for. No big deal though, I am sure it was just a typo on your part.

:-P

You cannot buy JETS tickets through ticketmaster at face value, if you can please prove me wrong and I will be the happiest man alive.

Knock Knock

Who's There?

1 and 2 Jets.

1 and 2 Jets who...oh wait I have to go, Jets fans are giving their tickets away.

Tickets in my section are basically $500-$800 bucks on there... lol

That is face?

Try $140

I paid for the right not to get raped buying tickets from people like... well myself... lol

I am going to buy seats in your section for at or below face value. When I do consider yourself warned I am going to poop on your seat.

I am going to buy seats in your section for at or below face value. When I do consider yourself warned I am going to poop on your seat.

If you can buy 6 or 7 games a year in my section for less than ticket+psl then you are an amazing bargain hunter.

99.99999999% of the world cannot.

If you can buy 6 or 7 games a year in my section for less than ticket+psl then you are an amazing bargain hunter.

99.99999999% of the world cannot.

Your math is wrong.

The equation is ticket + psl + preseason.

Just saying.

Archived