So, I guess Mets are content in not making any deals...so far.

NIGHT STALKER

I don't want to hear whining about teams like the Yankees spending or trading...you Mets fans have the opportunity to make a splash before the deadline and I haven't heard a peep coming from the organization...woeful team to root for...weren't the Jets bad enough that you had to make it a quinella?!

They have not made a trade deadline deal since 2006 -- Ted Lilly was there last trade that I thought would happen but now he is with the Dodgers -- They drive me nuts --

I don't know how Met fans can take. At least with the Jets you can usually count on the players playing hard.

I don't want to hear whining about teams like the Yankees spending or trading...you Mets fans have the opportunity to make a splash before the deadline and I haven't heard a peep coming from the organization...woeful team to root for...weren't the Jets bad enough that you had to make it a quinella?!

A preemptive strike...nice.

I do not know what I find more incredulous that Yankee Nation is unable to comprehend that other teams cannot make the same moves or that the rest of the team's fans buy thier BS.

What hole are they supposed to plug?

Are they supposed to mortgage the future and gut the farm in the hope the other 6 teams in the wildcard hunt choke?

A preemptive strike...nice.

I do not know what I find more incredulous that Yankee Nation is unable to comprehend that other teams cannot make the same moves or that the rest of the team's fans buy thier BS.

What hole are they supposed to plug?

Are they supposed to mortgage the future and gut the farm in the hope the other 6 teams in the wildcard hunt choke?

Come on, the Mets have money...they just refuse to spend it. And this isn't about mortgaging the future...just show the fans something to talk about in a positive way.

Well, they could go the route of the Rays and stink up the joint for years and gather #1 picks along the way...they seem to be on that path.

as a mets fan, ive learned to live with it. Its to the point where ill be surprised if they ever do make a trade. if its true that the Wilpons cant afford this team anymore and have to sell, i hope they do it soon, so we can get someone in here that can afford to spend money.

Come on, the Mets have money...they just refuse to spend it. And this isn't about mortgaging the future...just show the fans something to talk about in a positive way.

Well, they could go the route of the Rays and stink up the joint for years and gather #1 picks along the way...they seem to be on that path.

It is not like they have an 80 million pay roll. It is 136. Now, you can argue how they have spent their money.

as a mets fan, ive learned to live with it. Its to the point where ill be surprised if they ever do make a trade. if its true that the Wilpons cant afford this team anymore and have to sell, i hope they do it soon, so we can get someone in here that can afford to spend money.

What if Woody Johnson bought the team?

the mets need to get a 2nd pitcher to compete in the division

they have plenty of hitters in that lineup when healthy

The Mets are going no where this year, so I am glad that they did not make a panic move (a la Kazmir), for the sake of just making a splash.

This team needs to evaluate itself from top to bottom at the end of the year.

That starts with the GM. Personally, I would love to see them go after Kevin Towers. Minaya can land and evaluate middle level talent, but sems to have trouble when it is a bigger ticket item. After they decide on the GM, the manager can be dealt with. Then you decide direction.

The Mets have upward of 36 mill coming off the books after next year. They have also improved their farm levels, and are showing some decent prospects that are contributing now (Thole, Davis).

Their biggest problem is getting rid of the dead contracts that are not contributing. That starts next year.

the mets need to get a 2nd pitcher to compete in the division

they have plenty of hitters in that lineup when healthy

The Mets are one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

They flat out suck. They were overacheiving the first half...and now they are back down to earth. It really sucks being fan of the Mets, Jets, Knicks.

Thank god my brains got me into Florida or sports would be a nightmare in my world.

Archived