Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the 'Its gonna happen Wednesday because of Hardknocks' Theory;

You also have to take into account what they originally had planned. What do they take out? Can they risk waiting for something to happen on Wednesday to do a quick add? What if something changes last minute and it falls through? There is a level of writing and narrative that goes into Hardknocks, its pretty thought out. This would obviously conclude the show, so from a production standpoint I'd imagine they would want to put something in the beginning of the show that would allude to the new contract.

Would waiting it out till Wednesday compromise HBO's production quality? I don't know, but if it would do you really think HBO needs this Revis news that much? No ones going to subscribe to HBO just to watch a few seconds of a press conference in HD with that cool dude from NFL films narrating it.

The show airs on Wednesday. They usually don't use footage after the Sunday before it. Thats why I don't think this has anything to do with Hardknocks. Unless the deal gets done today.

No way HBO can cut up footage the day of and put it in their show for 10pm. Sure, they could replay footage of a presser, but to build in a story line and narrative leading up to it? I don't know, maybe they can - EY could probably answer that question better.

They had the Monday night game on the 2nd episode... I am sure they could go further into the week if needed.

Woody wants as many eyeballs on the Jets as possible.

If Darrelle does sign on Wednesday, you can bet it will be fit within the parameters of "Hard Kknocks."

So why wait till Wednesday if the deal is already done? Why not today or Tomorrow? Thats what doesn't add up.

And if he signs Thursday? It would be on the next Hardknocks, same amount of eyeballs. I don't see any motivation($$) to get this done on a Wednesday just for Hardknocks.

So why wait till Wednesday if the deal is already done? Why not today or Tomorrow? Thats what doesn't add up.

And if he signs Thursday? It would be on the next Hardknocks, same amount of eyeballs. I don't see any motivation($$) to get this done on a Wednesday just for Hardknocks.

Who knows? It could be coming today or tomorrow. For all we know Cowlishaw got the inside info saying it will be done in time for HK on Wed night. Personally? I dont care when it happens, as long as it does happen.

Who knows? It could be coming today or tomorrow. For all we know Cowlishaw got the inside info saying it will be done in time for HK on Wed night. Personally? I dont care when it happens, as long as it does happen.

I don't care if it happens, as long as it doesn't paralyze the Jets for the next 7 years.

I don't care if it happens, as long as it doesn't paralyze the Jets for the next 7 years.

Im quite confident Tanny is not that stupid. IF they were willing to damage the cap for the forseeable future, this deal would've been done a long time ago. I think Tanny has done a good enough job to at least earn the benefit of the doubt here...

What do you think the odds are that the person who sponsored Revis' page on Pro Reference doesn't really have a PSL.

Bob Glauber is next in line to refute Cowlishaw on his claim...Just put up an article saying that little to no progress has been made between the Jets and Revis since the two sides agreed to a media blackout according to league sources. Said that Revis and Jets still have to work out a 40 million dollar gap in total compensation...Apparently Revis wants 160 over 10 years and the Jets refuse to give more than 120.

Then again, remember Cowlishaw said more than once that he expects Jets and League reporters to deny his claim, but he is sticking to his guns and his source. Now, sources are often wrong, but Cowlishaw does seem to be confident in said source because he has denied multiple opportunities to backtrack in his statements even a little. Still confused as to what Cowlishaw could find out that the rest of the NFL world cannot?

The show is on Wednesday.

HBO gets the definitive scoop.

Bob Glauber is next in line to refute Cowlishaw on his claim...Just put up an article saying that little to no progress has been made between the Jets and Revis since the two sides agreed to a media blackout according to league sources. Said that Revis and Jets still have to work out a 40 million dollar gap in total compensation...Apparently Revis wants 160 over 10 years and the Jets refuse to give more than 120.

Then again, remember Cowlishaw said more than once that he expects Jets and League reporters to deny his claim, but he is sticking to his guns and his source. Now, sources are often wrong, but Cowlishaw does seem to be confident in said source because he has denied multiple opportunities to backtrack in his statements even a little. Still confused as to what Cowlishaw could find out that the rest of the NFL world cannot?

Had to be sheer luck for him to find out whatever he claims he knows.

The show is on Wednesday.

HBO gets the definitive scoop.

You know HBO is there everyday right?

If you think they're holding a press conference in place of Hardknocks on HBO Wednesday, well then I don't know what to tell you. I didn't think anyone was that dumb.

Sourcing isn't luck.

The guy has been in the biz for 25+ years.

He knows a ton of people.

I understand that, I'm saying his source had to come to him. He couldn't have been sniffing around for Darrelle Revis news. That doesn't make sense.

Sourcing isn't luck.

The guy has been in the biz for 25+ years.

He knows a ton of people.

So do a lot of guys like Schefter and Mort and Glauber who know probably more people with better connections than Cowlishaw knows as a columnist in Dallas, Texas. Everything we hear from those NFL experts and analysts seems to contradict Cowlishaw's report.

You know HBO is there everyday right?

If you think they're holding a press conference in place of Hardknocks on HBO Wednesday, well then I don't know what to tell you. I didn't think anyone was that dumb.

Thickheaded, are we?

The SHOW runs on Wednesday.

If HBO cameras did something with it on Wednesday morning, it would be fit into that night's episode.

Assuming everything was done behind closed doors — with HBO cameras, of course — HBO would have the scoop.

To think they wouldn't take advantage of that is patently STUPID.

Thickheaded, are we?

If HBO cameras did something with it on Wednesday morning, it would be fit into that night's episode.

Assuming everything was done behind closed doors — with HBO cameras, of course — HBO would have the scoop.

I was responding to Dire's comment about how HBO has definitive coverage of the Revis contract. As if the first time anyone heres about it, it will be on an episode of HardKnocks.

It will be old news by the time its on HardKnocks.

So do a lot of guys like Schefter and Mort and Glauber who know probably more people with better connections than Cowlishaw knows as a columnist in Dallas, Texas. Everything we hear from those NFL experts and analysts seems to contradict Cowlishaw's report.

He obviously has a source these guys don't have.

Not everyone uses the same sources, obviously.

It could be someone connected to Sean Gilbert. Who knows?

Thickheaded, are we?

That will never happen. EVER.

I was responding to Dire's comment about how HBO has definitive coverage of the Revis contract. As if the first time anyone heres about it, it will be on an episode of HardKnocks.

It will be old news by the time its on HardKnocks.

Absurd.

How many leaks have come out since the media blackout was enacted?

And Glauber and Mort and Peter King all said they respect Cowlishaw and while they are saying they don't think so, they are also saying he is very reputable.

He obviously has a source these guys don't have.

Not everyone uses the same sources, obviously.

It could be someone connected to Sean Gilbert. Who knows?

Now that's an interesting theory. Though Id think those NFL guys would be calling everyone they know in HBO, relatives and agents of friends and family, etc. to either confirm or deny Cowlishaw's report. Unfortunately they all seem to be investigating and coming back empty.

Archived