Tannenbaum states Jets made 3 recent offers

4HCrew

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Jets made 3 offers.

1 was an offer to come over and talk.

Really? We're counting that as an offer? what were the other two offers? A donut and a coupon good for 1 free hug?

If so, it would still be more of an effort than Mevis is making.

Only the Jets could botch a deal with a Hall of Fame talent like Revis, the Jets get this type of player once in a blue moon and they are fcking it up.

Disgraceful.

Wait, you mean like the Colts and Pats who haven't re-signed Peyton and Brady in the final years of their deals???

Get a clue.

I am sick and tired of Darrelle Revis.

If he doesn't repeat or do better than his 2009 campaign, ship his ass out of here. We do not need him to win.

agreed... trade him to a really bad team like the Rams or Browns for two #1 picks.... don't get me wrong Revis is a great player but how well would he do without the supporting cast he has with the Jets?

Are Brady or Manning holding out? Are the Colts and Patriots sending low ball offers to the 2 of them?

Try again.

Wait, so because Peyton and Brady decided not to holdout JUST LIKE Mangold and Harris (who are in their last yrs as well), then the Pats and Colts get credit?

Child please.

Wait, so because Peyton and Brady decided not to holdout JUST LIKE Mangold and Harris (who are in their last yrs as well), then the Pats and Colts get credit?

Child please.

If the pats and Colts approached Brady and Manning after the season saying they'd give them a new deal and then proceeded to low ball them perhaps they wouldn't show up either.

If the pats and Colts approached Brady and Manning after the season saying they'd give them a new deal and then proceeded to low ball them perhaps they wouldn't show up either.

You're just making stuff up now. You have no clue what Colts and Pats offered. Plus, this is the FINAL YEAR of Peyton and Brady's contracts. The teams did tell them they were going to give them new deals.

Again, Mangold and Harris aren't holding out.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Child please!

Their deals are up, they are expecting new ones and the still showed up.

Where are these low ball offers you speak of???

Link???

Anything but hearsay?

the Jets made 3 offers.

1 was an offer to come over and talk.

Really? We're counting that as an offer? what were the other two offers? A donut and a coupon good for 1 free hug?

then what are we counting it as where mevis turned tanny down on his offer to break bread and talk it out ?

You're just making stuff up now. You have no clue what Colts and Pats offered. Plus, this is the FINAL YEAR of Peyton and Brady's contracts. The teams did tell them they were going to give them new deals.

Again, Mangold and Harris aren't holding out.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Mangold and Harris weren't told they were getting new deals this year. And even if they were the jets haven't been sending low ball offers to them.

I commend them for being at camp and playing out their contracts but Revis has every right to sit out, jets should have either kept their mouths shut or opened up the wallet, pretty simple stuff.

Mangold and Harris weren't told they were getting new deals this year. And even if they were the jets haven't been sending low ball offers to them.

I commend them for being at camp and playing out their contracts but Revis has every right to sit out, jets should have either kept their mouths shut or opened up the wallet, pretty simple stuff.

Get a clue!

They are in the last year of their deals, they are expecting new ones, duh!

You are right Mevis has every right to sit out, and the Jets have every right to sit on him for 4 years.

How much does he make then???

Get a clue!

They are in the last year of their deals, they are expecting new ones, duh!

You are right Mevis has every right to sit out, and the Jets have every right to sit on him for 4 years.

How much does he make then???

And the jets dreams of a super bowl go up in smoke.

Child please!

Their deals are up, they are expecting new ones and the still showed up.

Where are these low ball offers you speak of???

Link???

Anything but hearsay?

It was in the papers months ago they were offering in the 10 to 12 million a year range with very little in guaranteed money.

Revis deserves Peppers/Haynesworth type dough, he's that good.

It was in the papers months ago they were offering in the 10 to 12 million a year range with very little in guaranteed money.

Hearsay, and far from low balling!

Mevis already got guaranteed money and he's holding out.

Why give him the chance to do it again?

a friend of mine once told me"the internet is a great thing because everybody gets to speak his mind".he then added"the internet is a terrible thing because every moron gets to speak his mind".anyways

jets fans and football fans alike seemed to have seperated themselves about revis.

fan #1-**** revis!!trade em to the rams.make him rot 4 years.hate.hate.hate

fan #2-**** the jets!!pay this man any thing he wants.i dont care if he wants crazy al money.he is the best.pay him $20m per.make him owner of the jets.love.love.love

fan #3-the more reasonable type that realizes revis doesnt have a leg to stand on.the jets are making reasonable offers.and that the money revis wants is way to much to pay a player not throwing the ball 30 times a game or more.also realizing the cap will be back and the money he wants will cripple the jets cap.especially with other guys who are on their last year and need to be signed,too.this fan realizes that revis aint going nowhere

which fan are you????

And the jets dreams of a super bowl go up in smoke.

WRONG! We had Revis at his very best last year. Did we win a Super Bowl? IMO REX made Revis seem all the better last year. Great schemes had pressure on the QB. No time to throw and Revis looked like a great CB and he was with an assist from Rex's scheme. IMO Wilson can not be as bad as Lowery was in the Indy game . Cro is a legit. shutdown CB in his own right and Wilson can be too in time. Screw Revis if he holds out and tries to disrupt the team. Trade him to Oakland for Asomoauga even-up!

Revis deserves Peppers/Haynesworth type dough, he's that good.

pepppers and hanesworth dont deserve peppers and haynesworth money.plus,to be"that good",you have to do it for more than one year

a friend of mine once told me"the internet is a great thing because everybody gets to speak his mind".he then added"the internet is a terrible thing because every moron gets to speak his mind".anyways

jets fans and football fans alike seemed to have seperated themselves about revis.

fan #1-**** revis!!trade em to the rams.make him rot 4 years.hate.hate.hate

fan #2-**** the jets!!pay this man any thing he wants.i dont care if he wants crazy al money.he is the best.pay him $20m per.make him owner of the jets.love.love.love

fan #3-the more reasonable type that realizes revis doesnt have a leg to stand on.the jets are making reasonable offers.and that the money revis wants is way to much to pay a player not throwing the ball 30 times a game or more.also realizing the cap will be back and the money he wants will cripple the jets cap.especially with other guys who are on their last year and need to be signed,too.this fan realizes that revis aint going nowhere

which fan are you????

The fan that understands everything in #3 and would not mind seeing him rot for 4 years if he won't play ball!

Jet fans are whiners.

And anyone who thinks the Jets will hold his rights for four years just to spite him has to be out of their goddamn mind.

I would have suggested that if Mevis stopped short you would fly right up his a$$hole. But, you are obviously already firmly embedded.

WRONG! We had Revis at his very best last year. Did we win a Super Bowl? IMO REX made Revis seem all the better last year. Great schemes had pressure on the QB. No time to throw and Revis looked like a great CB and he was with an assist from Rex's scheme. IMO Wilson can not be as bad as Lowery was in the Indy game . Cro is a legit. shutdown CB in his own right and Wilson can be too in time. Screw Revis if he holds out and tries to disrupt the team. Trade him to Oakland for Asomoauga even-up!

You had a rookie qb last year you dope.

Rex's scheme runs through the CB's, he said so himself, all the more important to have this kid locked up.

The notion that Rex created Revis is laughable, he played man to man on the NFL's best WR's last season, that's not a scheme, that's a baller.

He wasn't lights out the year before.. I'm sure Rex and that defensive supporting cast had something to do with his incredible season last year.. Would he have been that good on the Rams?

He wasn't lights out the year before.. I'm sure Rex and that defensive supporting cast had something to do with his incredible season last year.. Would he have been that good on the Rams?

Just so happens he matured to his full potential in year 3. Rex's scheme has nothing to do with locking up a wr man to man. This dude has hall of fame talent.

Yes, he'd be that good on the Rams, doesn't mean their team would be as successful.

Just so happens he matured to his full potential in year 3. Rex's scheme has nothing to do with locking up a wr man to man. This dude has hall of fame talent.

Yes, he'd be that good on the Rams, doesn't mean their team would be as successful.

He will never be on the RAMS. His uncle would never let him play for the team that stopped him from trying to renegotiate.

2 of his interceptions last year were created by the quarterback getting rid of the ball prematurely due to blitzes so I have to disagree with you there.. And to say that he'd be just as good in a zone defense like some teams run is crazy... watch the difference this year in Cro moving from zone to man to man. You are right that Revis has talent but he's not the only reason the D was ranked #1 last year.

2 of his interceptions last year were created by the quarterback getting rid of the ball prematurely due to blitzes so I have to disagree with you there.. And to say that he'd be just as good in a zone defense like some teams run is crazy... watch the difference this year in Cro moving from zone to man to man. You are right that Revis has talent but he's not the only reason the D was ranked #1 last year.

Jets can't blitz nearly as much without the only CB in the league who can shut down the NFL's best WR's week in and week out.

Take Revis off the Jets and throw Cromartie and Lowery out there at CB and they win maybe 8 games and come in 3rd in the AFC East.

Archived