Tannenbaum states Jets made 3 recent offers

4HCrew

Take Revis off the Jets and throw Cromartie and Lowery out there at CB and they win maybe 8 games and come in 3rd in the AFC East.

I guess we agree to disagree here... I guess we'll have to see how KDubb steps up this year as well. There's no way we only win 8 games without Revis.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what's really funny? Every other time Tannenbaum has said something, he's pretty much deceived the fan base. He hasn't really lied, but he's said things over the years where he'll say one thing and do another. Then someone will come on here and say something like "You can never trust what Mr. T says".

Fast forward to now, and everyone is believing everything Tanny is saying in regards to this. I guarantee you there is plenty of information that we don't know about, but people are just being stupid and jumping to one conclusion after another without knowing all of the facts.

I guess we agree to disagree here... I guess we'll have to see how KDubb steps up this year as well. There's no way we only win 8 games without Revis.

Yeah, being that they won all of 9 games with him last year, a prediction of eight wins is ridiculous.

You know what's really funny? Every other time Tannenbaum has said something, he's pretty much deceived the fan base. He hasn't really lied, but he's said things over the years where he'll say one thing and do another. Then someone will come on here and say something like "You can never trust what Mr. T says".

Fast forward to now, and everyone is believing everything Tanny is saying in regards to this. I guarantee you there is plenty of information that we don't know about, but people are just being stupid and jumping to one conclusion after another without knowing all of the facts.

QFT, was going to post something similar. Nobody here knows anything, twitter, facebook, myspace, blog updates and ESPN 'sources' are all BS IMO.

Yeah, being that they won all of 9 games with him last year, a prediction of eight wins is ridiculous.

You're right slats... lets just give Revis $100 million with half of it guaranteed and say goodbye to Mangold and Harris.. We can then say goodbye to Cromartie, Edwards and Holmes too.. This is a team sport and the fact is that Revis is being selfish.... And we won 11 last year ... just FYI

Just so happens he matured to his full potential in year 3. Rex's scheme has nothing to do with locking up a wr man to man. This dude has hall of fame talent.

Yes, he'd be that good on the Rams, doesn't mean their team would be as successful.

Talk about showing your a$$, yeah scheme has nothing to do with locking up a wr man to man. :blink:

Only the Jets could botch a deal with a Hall of Fame talent like Revis, the Jets get this type of player once in a blue moon and they are fcking it up.

Disgraceful.

co-sign this

at least Rex recognizes revis extraordinary skills, how can so many fans be so blinded by their emotions? revis brings it every sunday, now all of a sudden, "he's only had one good year!!!!", "we don't need him!!!" bunch of emo-fans, acting like their girlfriend broke up with them

the Jets made 3 offers.

1 was an offer to come over and talk.

Really? We're counting that as an offer? what were the other two offers? A donut and a coupon good for 1 free hug?

My guess is they wanted to sit down with him to gauge just how serious he is about making more money than Aso. When your right there with a person its easier to tell if they mean their words exactly or if its just a ploy to push the eventual salary they agree to higher. So in a situation like this I think there is practical value to a sit down.

Just look at how people on this board aren't sure if Revis means what he says about making more than Aso. But I bet if any of us had a sit down with him we'd know.

co-sign this

at least Rex recognizes revis extraordinary skills, how can so many fans be so blinded by their emotions? revis brings it every sunday, now all of a sudden, "he's only had one good year!!!!", "we don't need him!!!" bunch of emo-fans, acting like their girlfriend broke up with them

If it's true he wouldn't even meet with Tannenbaum and his agent, it's time to work out a trade.

A core player, a leader a guy you build around long term is smart enough to negiotate and be in camp. He's a great player who leads by example. A mercenary is a tool to be used. A totally different animal. Do we need him? Yes but the NFL is rarely about 1 player and if he truly is worth what he thinks he's worth, a good Defensive mind can use other great players gotten in trade in a different manner to get great results.

If Revis is right and he's value is at it's all time high, now is the time to move him. He can either be a core player, a NY Jets player or he can be a piece of meat to be paid, traded or used in any way the team wants.

Mangold and Harris are Jets, sign them. Revis is a blunt instrument to be used by the team as they see fit. I would trade him if he doesn't want to be here.

Things always get tense in negiotations. A fair deal never makes both sides happy or unhappy. A fair deal never makes one side feel great and the other feel abused. It takes a certain kind of maturity to understand how to negiotate in good faith and it doesn't take much of a man on either side to make it personal.

Deals aren't about taking care of your employees, they are about taking care of your employees in the context of reasonable for your organization. If Revis is worth way more in the market than is reasonable for the Jets organization, trade him.

Revis isn't a Free Agent but the Jets are in a position to find out exactly what Revis is worth in the market place.

If it's true he wouldn't even meet with Tannenbaum and his agent, it's time to work out a trade.

A core player, a leader a guy you build around long term is smart enough to negiotate and be in camp. He's a great player who leads by example. A mercenary is a tool to be used. A totally different animal. Do we need him? Yes but the NFL is rarely about 1 player and if he truly is worth what he thinks he's worth, a good Defensive mind can use other great players gotten in trade in a different manner to get great results.

If Revis is right and he's value is at it's all time high, now is the time to move him. He can either be a core player, a NY Jets player or he can be a piece of meat to be paid, traded or used in any way the team wants.

Mangold and Harris are Jets, sign them. Revis is a blunt instrument to be used by the team as they see fit. I would trade him if he doesn't want to be here.

Things always get tense in negiotations. A fair deal never makes both sides happy or unhappy. A fair deal never makes one side feel great and the other feel abused. It takes a certain kind of maturity to understand how to negiotate in good faith and it doesn't take much of a man on either side to make it personal.

Deals aren't about taking care of your employees, they are about taking care of your employees in the context of reasonable for your organization. If Revis is worth way more in the market than is reasonable for the Jets organization, trade him.

Revis isn't a Free Agent but the Jets are in a position to find out exactly what Revis is worth in the market place.

Why reward that type of behavior? My feeling is that unless the words "Hiloti" and "Ngata" are involved in the trade talks, then nothing we get will help us this year. Furthermore, we'd be setting precedent that anybody can shoot their way out of town. If Revis and his agents are acting like a bunch of babies, cut off negotiations and tell them you're prepared to sit on the contract and will not even consider negotiating until he reports. Revis has a chance to be a legendary player and if he's smart enough to recongize this, he'll see that not only will he make a lot of money from the Jets but he will make even more in endorsements. That all disappears if he isn't playing football.

Take Revis off the Jets and throw Cromartie and Lowery out there at CB and they win maybe 8 games and come in 3rd in the AFC East.

With him, the Jets won 9 games--- just one more than what you said without him.

And that's worth the extra 20 million or whatever ridiculous amount he wants?

I don't expect this to be a popular idea, but I'm going to say it. Revis for Haynesworth and picks.

Don't like it. Trading one problem child for another who has already stated he hates the 3-4 defense and will whine about the first year he isn't getting paid max money. Frankly, I just don't see any trade that makes sense. Ngata or J. Allen are about the only defensive players I think bring back what we give up but I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

I honestly am okay with letting Revis rot on the bench for the next 2 years and see if he feels like rejoining the NFL as a Jet in 2012. If he's stubborn enough to let his career have a 2-3 year gap in the middle of it, so be it. It's time for the NFL to stop letting players demand huge up-front signing bonuses and then shoot their way out of the low salary years with a holdout. If the Jets need to take a bullet to get this trend reversed, I'm actually fine with it.

my response to him on his Facebook page.....

Al Salerno.. What a joke...I hope you can live with yourself after this whole thing ends because you are gonna get screwed in the end..get a new agent, he isn't looking out for your best interest...maybe you can go play for Mangini and the Browns...have fun

Archived