Tannenbaum states Jets made 3 recent offers

4HCrew

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he meant 3 diff deals for revis after give nad take with agent,,,it appears revis is holding put for raide rmoney or a contract that may not be doable under cureent cba rules

I should have added to Revis sorry bro

I though that might be the case, and if Revis is, then I think the Jets should let him rot!

Workout deals with Harris and Mangold, and let Revis sweat!

They have total control over him and come the 10th it will be for the next 4 years.

Make him sit, there is no way he will ride out the duration.

Cut off noses and spite faces, but don't cave into any crazy demands!

I though that might be the case, and if Revis is, then I think the Jets should let him rot!

They have total control over him and come the 10th it will be for the next 4 years.

check out my last post, Revis even refused to meet with them

and to make matters worse

"Tannenbaum said of the 3 offers, one was a simple request to sit down with Darrelle and his agents at his house. He was rebuffed."

Sorry but it sounds like he wants Al Davis money, dudes lost it!

How much of a bonus does refusing to meet with the GM warrant?

Maybe all it takes is for Tannenbaum to say on the phone that he's willing to discuss a signing bonus.

We're only hearing one side of this "three offers" thing, and it's from Tanny. Maybe we shouldn't take that at face value.

Exactly. The Jets have total control. We are still the #1 D without Revis and there is no way Revis sits for 4 years. Jets should play hardball, and now stop trying to negotiate. If he doesn't want to be a team player, let him sit for 4 years. I bet he'll reconsider how much he wants.

Maybe all it takes is for Tannenbaum to say on the phone that he's willing to discuss a signing bonus.

We're only hearing one side of this "three offers" thing, and it's from Tanny. Maybe we shouldn't take that at face value.

OK let's take it at face value.

Who's making an effort here?

It's my understanding that a signing bonus is basically "non-recoverable" once it's doled out. If I was Tanny I wouldn't offer a signing bonus either - what's to prevent this exact same song + dance 3 yrs from now? Once revis cashes his $20M check and has a 2014 base salary of $5M we'll have to hear how he can't feed his family all over again.

Tanny should tell Revis to take the 10M/yr or he will never play football in the NFL again, period. Then he should go and re-sign Mangold and Harris to new deals and let Revis sit out, **** him.

It's my understanding that a signing bonus is basically "non-recoverable" once it's doled out. If I was Tanny I wouldn't offer a signing bonus either - what's to prevent this exact same song + dance 3 yrs from now? Once revis cashes his $20M check and has a 2014 base salary of $5M we'll have to hear how he can't feed his family all over again.

Tanny should tell Revis to take the 10M/yr or he will never play football in the NFL again, period. Then he should go and re-sign Mangold and Harris to new deals and let Revis sit out, **** him.

Exactly. After sitting out 4 years, no one would want to sign him. If I were the jets, I'd play hardball with him since he's being so greedy. I would tell him to take the money or never play again.

Jet fans are whiners.

And anyone who thinks the Jets will hold his rights for four years just to spite him has to be out of their goddamn mind.

They should do it just to make a point. I've been a Jet fan my entire life and this is probably the most disappointed I've been in player's lack of respect for the team since J Abraham's illness on the sideline.

They should do it just to make a point. I've been a Jet fan my entire life and this is probably the most disappointed I've been in player's lack of respect for the team since J Abraham's illness on the sideline.

what does respect have to do with the issue? It's business. Respect = money maybe. Revis is not a fan and he's not running a charity.

If we were to trade Revis, what would his value be worth to another team? 1 first rounder? 2 First rounders? A first & 2 seconds?

Maybe Tanny should send out some feelers & see what he is worth. If he don't want to honor his contract, maybe Al Davis will give him 20 mil a year! The extra high picks could put us in a strong position in coming years.

Maybe Tanny should send out some feelers & see what he is worth. If he don't want to honor his contract, maybe Al Davis will give him 20 mil a year! The extra high picks could put us in a strong position in coming years.

Not if his name is Marcus Allen.

the jets feeling the need to save face in the media is not a good sign, as it means both sides are entrenched in their position, and feel they are right

I feel darelle will be an ex-jet

if he doesn't come back to camp by august 10th, he's gonna get traded

what does respect have to do with the issue? It's business. Respect = money maybe. Revis is not a fan and he's not running a charity.

I dont get what's so difficult about this concept.

Why do you think people are laughing at Cavs fans.

Archived