Rex Ryan signs the Jets logo on Schefters bus Soon To Be Champs!

Lupz27

Completely unprovoked personal attacks. Top notch moderator as always.

I think he's a legend from a social standpoint, in a general sense. For brining a refreshingly different attitude to the NFL in a league where the coaches are largely robotic with the media. That's someting I respect, he's his own guy who says whatever the hell he wants rather than following in line with the rest.

If thats a personal attack, then you should check your skin for bruising. and this nonsensical post makes even less sense than your first statement.

:rl:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely unprovoked personal attacks. Top notch moderator as always.

I think he's a legend from a social standpoint, in a general sense. For brining a refreshingly different attitude to the NFL in a league where the coaches are largely robotic with the media. That's someting I respect, he's his own guy who says whatever the hell he wants rather than following in line with the rest.

Coaches are primarily "robotic" because the media will take your August words and use them to bury you in October. I admit it's refreshing to hear a little candor every now and then, but Rex has pushed the envelope a little to much IMO. And unless he delivers on his bold predictions (unlikely), he's going to face alot of criticism and perhaps even ridicule.

Walt Michaels went to the 1982 afc championship game. and Parcells did it in his second season, not his first. you should learn a lil more about the team you root for.

And so what? he hasnt won a super bowl. that gives you the right to say whatever you want. do you know how many teams lose in the championship games each year? :rl: thats not anything special ;)

FYI..the Jets had the same exact regular season record under mangini as they did under Ryan. they also had a collapse last year (like in 2008), but it wasnt at the end of the season but in the middle. I like what hes done with the defense. but I dont think we're anything special yet.

And He should shut up because it's becoming embarrassing.

-Didn't know that about Michaels. I never implied Parcells done it in his first season, just that he done it.

-Not many bad teams lose in Championship games actually, not in recent history anyways. Ravens, Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Chargers etc. Have all been pretty competitive for years and seen as the Superpowers in the AFC. The Jets are trying to break into that category. He doesn't need a Superbowl to let him say what he wants, pretty sure the US constitution covers that. I should read up about the team I root for? Maybe you should read up on America.

-Mangini's team was a shambles. The players looked like they'd quit on him and they fell apart. His defense was carried by Jenkins and his offense by Favre before the collapse, Ryan had Sanchez and Sione Pouha.

-It has not become embarrassing. Why would it? We're contenders this year and he's letting people know that. He told them last year and no-one listened, maybe this year they wont be so shocked to see 3 home teams and the (naughty word) Jets.

-Didn't know that about Michaels. I never implied Parcells done it in his first season, just that he done it.

-Not many bad teams lose in Championship games actually, not in recent history anyways. Ravens, Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Chargers etc. Have all been pretty competitive for years and seen as the Superpowers in the AFC. The Jets are trying to break into that category. He doesn't need a Superbowl to let him say what he wants, pretty sure the US constitution covers that. I should read up about the team I root for? Maybe you should read up on America.

-Mangini's team was a shambles. The players looked like they'd quit on him and they fell apart. His defense was carried by Jenkins and his offense by Favre before the collapse, Ryan had Sanchez and Sione Pouha.

-It has not become embarrassing. Why would it? We're contenders this year and he's letting people know that. He told them last year and no-one listened, maybe this year they wont be so shocked to see 3 home teams and the Jets.

He sounds like an idiot and a buffoon, if thats who you want representing your team thats fine.

Read your post again..lol..you did imply it ;) and dude, the curse filter isnt in tip top condition yet. so watch what you type (yes, an order from the worst moderator in moderating history) I'm getting tired of editing your posts ;)

When the Jets win the super bowl all will be forgiven. until then he hasnt done anything.

If thats a personal attack, then you should check your skin for bruising. and this nonsensical post makes even less sense than your first statement.

:rl:

Calling someone "simple minded" isn't a personal attack? Okay, you idiot.

Am I too simple minded to realise those insults imply pretty much the same thing? No.

He sounds like an idiot and a buffoon, if thats who you want representing your team thats fine.

Read your post again..lol..you did imply it ;) and dude, the curse filter isnt in tip top condition yet. so watch what you type (yes, an order from the worst moderator in moderating history) I'm getting tired of editing your posts ;)

When the Jets win the super bowl all will be forgiven. until then he hasnt done anything.

He can sound like a retarded dinosaur for all I care but I know the man's no idiot. He's a defensive mastermind, his track record speaks for itself.

Calling someone "simple minded" isn't a personal attack? Okay, you idiot.

Am I too simple minded to realise those insults imply pretty much the same thing? No.

Read your posts again. and then check the definition for idiot ;)

And get back to me :rl:

He can sound like a retarded dinosaur for all I care but I know the man's no idiot. He's a defensive mastermind, his track record speaks for itself.

Theres a reason why he was passed over for so many jobs..lol.. I know why now.

Our defence is going to realise it's potential under Ryan this season, you can talk about his colourful character but really. Some of you don't like him being the centre of attention but I find him humourous. I think he's my favourite Jets HC ever, in fact it has been an honour watching him. It's his area of expertise, his speciality so to speak.

Our defence is going to realise it's potential under Ryan this season, you can talk about his colourful character but really. Some of you don't like him being the centre of attention but I find him humourous. I think he's my favourite Jets HC ever, in fact it has been an honour watching him. It's his area of expertise, his speciality so to speak.

That's the problem with the folks from the British Isles, they don't spell the English words correctly. :D

Now you did it. Just wait until dbatesman sees that. You are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

I hate to break it to you, but this goes a lot deeper than ignoring the spell check. Bad grammar is such low-hanging fruit that I only bother with it in cases when the argument in question is so stupid that mocking someone's syntax is actually more sporting than attacking his logic.

Um, look at all the crybabies on this board when opposing team players say something about the Jets. LMAO! you think it's bad now? if they fall on their faces they will be the laughing stock on sportscenter every night. just like in 1996.

you go ahead waiting for the other shoe to drop, I'm gonna enjoy the ride

you go ahead waiting for the other shoe to drop, I'm gonna enjoy the ride

enjoy what ride? the season hasnt even started yet..lol..or are you still enjoying last season? LAST SEASON IS OVER! LOL! Yes, put a period on the end of it.

enjoy what ride? the season hasnt even started yet..lol..or are you still enjoying last season? LAST SEASON IS OVER! LOL! Yes, put a period on the end of it.

what ride ?

were you drunk last night ?

"Here that whistling sound go over your head?"

lol

what ride ?

were you drunk last night ?

"Here that whistling sound go over your head?"

lol

answer the question. seriously ;) what ride are you on? meth? drugs? liquor?

LOL! We havent played a game yet :lol:

answer the question. seriously ;) what ride are you on? meth? drugs? liquor?

LOL! We havent played a game yet :lol:

so we can't form an opinion or be optimistic unless it's during the regular season ?

mmmmk

it's a shame you can't put mods on ignore :rolleyes:

so we can't form an opinion or be optimistic unless it's during the regular season ?

mmmmk

it's a shame you can't put mods on ignore :rolleyes:

LOL! Owned! what ride? or are you riding something for sexual enjoyment? :rl:

He hasnt done anything at all this season. attacking the poster can not distract from that ;)

you can't expect or ask rex to not be himself. woody and tannenbaum knew who he was when they hired him. he's a confident person, always has been, and so far he's backed it up throughout his coaching career. yeah, the backlash would be pretty bad if we were to flop this season, but who cares, we've been "flopping" since 1969. tell you what, just get us the #1 defense, everything else will take care of itself.

Anyways, I think what "ride" Larz is talking about is the experience of being a favourite. We're being hyped up as a SB contender which is a stark contrast from the doom and gloom brough about by depressing battles of Pennyboy vs Clemenade. Honestly, I don't know why BP is being so twisted about it. It's obvious what Larz meant. There is expectation with the Jets rather than hope, we've signed SB MVP's, league MVP's, DPOY's. It's just an exciting time to be a Jets fan.

Archived