Rex Ryan signs the Jets logo on Schefters bus Soon To Be Champs!

Lupz27

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He never said that Cromartie was the best he'd ever seen. He said 'he's never seen anything like him'. You can say that's semantics, but in reality, Revis is a better Corner than Cromartie, but Cromartie's physical abilities and attributes are greater than Revis's. He's just not the total package. That's what Rex meant.

I tend to agree w/ you on the Revis/Hard Knocks thing.

for a guy with better physical abilities he tackles like a girl ;)

It is semantics -but you get what I'm saying, right? It's up to one's interpretation. I mean, everyone is the greatest at something...never seen anything like it....amazing...blah, blah, blah. It seems to work for his team...so, who am I to say anything. Just like being "disrespected" is a battle cry for the Pats. I mean, Rodney Harrison used to pull the disrespect card all the time...even when it was a complete joke.

Does Jim Caldwell actually do anything?

The comparison isnt really fair IMO. He's rookie HC who grew up in the system and has Peyton Manning as his QB. A lot easier taking over for a team who's had one season with less than 10 wins and missed the playoff once in the last decade.

I'd say thats a little different then a rookie HC, who switched teams only to play a rookie QB for the entire season on a team that doesnt know success.

It is semantics -but you get what I'm saying, right? It's up to one's interpretation. I mean, everyone is the greatest at something...never seen anything like it....amazing...blah, blah, blah. It seems to work for his team...so, who am I to say anything. Just like being "disrespected" is a battle cry for the Pats. I mean, Rodney Harrison used to pull the disrespect card all the time...even when it was a complete joke.

I totally agree.

But, the dude is a better pure athlete then most of the league. That doesn't make you the best football player, obviously Vernon Gholston is an example of this, but there really aren't that many guys built like he is that can run and jump like he can. He just hasn't put it all together (and probably wont) to a level that makes him elite.

I like Rex's style, but hey, I like Bob Knight and Woody Hayes too.

Bottom line, say what you will about the Rex Ryan led Jets... Brash, arrogant, overrated, blah blah blah... But you can't deny their confidence, their fire, and their heart. The coach brings out those things in them.

I think you are way over exaggerating the things Rex says. He doesnt call everyone the best at their position. He says Revis is the best in the league, is he wrong? He says Mangold is the best in the league, is he wrong? He says Kris Jenkins is like no other and changes the game, is he wrong? He says Cro has athletic ability like he's never seen before, is he wrong? He says Sanchez works harder than any other youngster he's seen in the league, is he wrong?

Other than those guys, he's not saying Bart Scott is the best ever...he says he an extension of him on the field. He's not saying David Harris is Ray Lewis, he says he's a great underrated player. He doesnt claim Jim Leonhard is the best ever, he says he a reliable overachiever.

I'm sorry, I just think Rex tells it like it is. I dont see a problem with any of it. He's not lying. Its not like he is saying, Calvin Pace is the best pass rusher in the league. He talks the truth. Whats wrong with that?

I think you are way over exaggerating the things Rex says. He doesnt call everyone the best at their position. He says Revis is the best in the league, is he wrong? He says Mangold is the best in the league, is he wrong? He says Kris Jenkins is like no other and changes the game, is he wrong? He says Cro has athletic ability like he's never seen before, is he wrong? He says Sanchez works harder than any other youngster he's seen in the league, is he wrong?

Other than those guys, he's not saying Bart Scott is the best ever...he says he an extension of him on the field. He's not saying David Harris is Ray Lewis, he says he's a great underrated player. He doesnt claim Jim Leonhard is the best ever, he says he a reliable overachiever.

I'm sorry, I just think Rex tells it like it is. I dont see a problem with any of it. He's not lying. Its not like he is saying, Calvin Pace is the best pass rusher in the league. He talks the truth. Whats wrong with that?

I just go by what I hear on ESPN and what my Jets fans friends tweet...ad nauseum. He talks players up - a lot. But hey, it works for them.

I was thinking about this last night as I was in hip flexor hell and could not sleep a wink....Men are funny. I see why so many military terms are utilized in the NFL. "Field of Battle" "Battle of the scrimmage line" etc. And I have heard so many male football fans hear a coach and say "I would run through a wall for that guy" and "he can really fire up the troops." Most women aren't like that. I know very few females that would listen to a speech and want to rip someone's head off - let alone run through a wall for him. Then, I think, this may be why women are their own worst enemies. Women don't bond with other women as quickly as men bond with others. Generally, speaking, of course.

Yes, I am weird and have stupid thoughts at 3:30 on a Friday morning.

I just go by what I hear on ESPN and what my Jets fans friends tweet...ad nauseum. He talks players up - a lot. But hey, it works for them.

I was thinking about this last night as I was in hip flexor hell and could not sleep a wink....Men are funny. I see why so many military terms are utilized in the NFL. "Field of Battle" "Battle of the scrimmage line" etc. And I have heard so many male football fans hear a coach and say "I would run through a wall for that guy" and "he can really fire up the troops." Most women aren't like that. I know very few females that would listen to a speech and want to rip someone's head off - let alone run through a wall for him. Then, I think, this may be why women are their own worst enemies. Women don't bond with other women as quickly as men bond with others. Genreally, speaking, of course.

Yes, I am weird and have stupid thoughts at 3:30 on a Friday morning.

Well, you make it seem like he says everyone is the best at their position...and thats just not true.

As far as the speeches are concerned and terminology...its not like the are baking cakes out there. My guess is you've probably never put on pads before, but in case you didnt know this from be a spectator, Football is violent. When I played, my objective was to knock people out. I played ILB and TE (in an option offense), all I ever did was take on blocks my whole career. So my objective was make people pay for tangling with me.

Yeah, I wanted to get fired up before game. Slap me in the face, get me angry, tell me about war and victory...and get the F out of my way or get knocked out. That how you play the game. You go out there timid, you get hurt. So I see the correlation.

Well, you make it seem like he says everyone is the best at their position...and thats just not true.

As far as the speeches are concerned and terminology...its not like the are baking cakes out there. My guess is you've probably never put on pads before, but in case you didnt know this from be a spectator, Football is violent. When I played, my objective was to knock people out. I played ILB and TE (in an option offense), all I ever did was take on blocks my whole career. So my objective was make people pay for tangling with me.

Yeah, I wanted to get fired up before game. Slap me in the face, get me angry, tell me about war and victory...and get the F out of my way or get knocked out. That how you play the game. You go out there timid, you get hurt. So I see the correlation.

Football is violent? No way!!! ;)

No, I never put football pads on. I've played in some pick-up flag football games....does that count? I played Field Hockey in High School - and let me tell you, when that stick hits your shin....ouch.

LOL!

I hope he's more dedicated to winning a super bowl than he is losing weight. lol..he said the same thing about slimming down too!

I'm really tired of all this talk. what the Jets did last year is irrelevant this year. START OVER and STFU and play the games.

See, I dont buy this. I can see it in College sports because you are playing for a ranking or national attention. But not in the NFL. The games mean too much and as the saying goes "any given Sunday"...so I dont really see how a team can have a "target"...but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not in the locker rooms.

Neither am I, it' just a theory :lol:. I just think that in certain situations, teams are more motivated. Divisional games, Monday Night/Primetime games, games vs elite teams (especially Super Bowl Champs), and games vs teams who talk a lot of smack. To use a local analogy, the Miami Heat have been crowned off season champs, for obvious reasons. I expect most of the teams they play to give that extra bit of effort b/c beating the Heat would be "special". Last year, beating the Jets was nothing to brag about. This year, that wont necessarily be the case. And IMO, every public Super Bowl reference, every public claim that their the best, or that they expect to win big etc, makes them more of a target for other teams. Ryan believes his team can handle it, and so do his players. I think that if the Jets win, Ryan will be hailed as a genius, or "legend" as someone put it. And if they don't win, Ryan will be called an arrogant, loud mouthed S.O.B., who underachieved with an all-Pro roster. Like I said, we'll see. I cant ever remember an off season that dragged on this long :angry: .

I totally agree.

But, the dude is a better pure athlete then most of the league. That doesn't make you the best football player, obviously Vernon Gholston is an example of this, but there really aren't that many guys built like he is that can run and jump like he can. He just hasn't put it all together (and probably wont) to a level that makes him elite.

I like Rex's style, but hey, I like Bob Knight and Woody Hayes too.

Bottom line, say what you will about the Rex Ryan led Jets... Brash, arrogant, overrated, blah blah blah... But you can't deny their confidence, their fire, and their heart. The coach brings out those things in them.

All good points. My question would be, are the Jets any more confident than the Saints, Colts, Ravens, Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers, etc. Or are they just more willing to talk about it on camera?

I hope he's more dedicated to winning a super bowl than he is losing weight. lol..he said the same thing about slimming down too!

I'm really tired of all this talk. what the Jets did last year is irrelevant this year. START OVER and STFU and play the games.

:bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll:

You see right through the BS like me.

All good points. My question would be, are the Jets any more confident than the Saints, Colts, Ravens, Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers, etc. Or are they just more willing to talk about it on camera?

They're just more willing to talk about it.

One day after Rex Ryan signed Jets logo on bus, "Soon to be champs," Wes Welker signed, "One game at a time." http://tweetphoto.com/37233078

tumblr_l6pepxC0Nr1qbdxb2o1_500.jpg

141436074-2d5d2d228ea84d43c50203da1ca24978.4c5c70c8-scaled.jpg

yeah, we tried that route w/ eric mangini, didn't work out so well, you guys have at it. we like new attitude of the franchise, it was much needed. do people really think that teams are "coming for the jets" and will somehow play harder and be more violent because rex is a cocky guy?

Neither am I, it' just a theory :lol:. I just think that in certain situations, teams are more motivated. Divisional games, Monday Night/Primetime games, games vs elite teams (especially Super Bowl Champs), and games vs teams who talk a lot of smack.

yeah, nfl teams and professional players don't try as hard to beat you if you give cliched non-answers, if you make predictions that's when they really start trying! lol

I don't know what I love more about this stuff from rex, that his players love it or everyone else hates it

:D

the problem with all of rex's talk is that he MUST win the super bowl this year. if the jets don't win it all then what happens next year at camp, or the year after that? is rex going to turn into his father where he becomes a caricature of himself making crazy predictions at the beginning of camp each year?

the players are buying in to rex....for now. if they don't at least win the division then he loses all credibility and at some point the players will start to laugh it off when he makes his wild predictions.

the problem with all of rex's talk is that he MUST win the super bowl this year. if the jets don't win it all then what happens next year at camp, or the year after that? is rex going to turn into his father where he becomes a caricature of himself making crazy predictions at the beginning of camp each year?

the players are buying in to rex....for now. if they don't at least win the division then he loses all credibility and at some point the players will start to laugh it off when he makes his wild predictions.

don't be such a scaredy cat, it's just football, have some fun for cryin out loud

How the hell is it irrelevant? It was a huge step for a franchise that has been a bottom feeder for a long time. It was Ryan's first season, Sanchez's first season, Edwards' first season etc. The fact that we improved so much towards the end, the confidence picked up by going to the playoffs and performing - Why not remind ourselves how close we were? Knowing full well the talent level has only gone up, with the likes of Holmes, Poole, Taylor and Cro coming in. Progress is being made and the Jets, like Ryan said in his initial PC are coming.

Tell me BP, why should he change his style and "STFU"? The players clearly reacted to his style last season in a very positive way, getting us as close to a Superbowl as possible. He should do what he's doing until he fails, maybe then he can reconsider. Until then I hope Rex talks more and more about how we're tearing this league a new one in 2011.

How the hell is it irrelevant? It was a huge step for a franchise that has been a bottom feeder for a long time. It was Ryan's first season, Sanchez's first season, Edwards' first season etc. The fact that we improved so much towards the end, the confidence picked up by going to the playoffs and performing - Why not remind ourselves how close we were? Knowing full well the talent level has only gone up, with the likes of Holmes, Poole, Taylor and Cro coming in. Progress is being made and the Jets, like Ryan said in his initial PC are coming.

Talent schmalent. everybody starts at 0-0 this year, right? how can you make progress when you havent even played a game yet? LMAO! I hope the Jets do very well this year. but until that ACTUALLY happens I would like him to stfu and concentrate on more relevant issues other than signing a ****** truck with a ridiculous comment. I remember Kotite saying we had a great week of practice every week in 1996 :rl: what are all you ball washers gonna do if the Jets fall on their faces this year?

Tell me BP, why should he change his style and "STFU"? The players clearly reacted to his style last season in a very positive way, getting us as close to a Superbowl as possible. He should do what he's doing until he fails, maybe then he can reconsider. Until then I hope Rex talks more and more about how we're tearing this league a new one in 2011.

Because he hasnt won anything yet. he is just that, ALL TALK. LOL!

Here that whistling sound go over your head?

Expolain to me how that ridiculous comment makes any relevant sense? other than in your own simple mind.

Completely unprovoked personal attacks. Top notch moderator as always.

I think he's a legend from a social standpoint, in a general sense. For brining a refreshingly different attitude to the NFL in a league where the coaches are largely robotic with the media. That's someting I respect, he's his own guy who says whatever the hell he wants rather than following in line with the rest.

Talent schmalent. everybody starts at 0-0 this year, right? how can you make progress when you havent even played a game yet? LMAO! I hope the Jets do very well this year. but until that ACTUALLY happens I would like him to stfu and concentrate on more relevant issues other than signing a ****** truck with a ridiculous comment. I remember Kotite saying we had a great week of practice every week in 1996 :rl: what are all you ball washers gonna do if the Jets fall on their faces this year?

Because he hasnt won anything yet. he is just that, ALL TALK. LOL!

He hasn't won anything yet? The guy made the AFC Championship game in his first season. The only other coach to do that since we won the ((potty mouth) thing was your own username.

Kotite was a guy who often talked himself down in the media (I'm not a genius,I don't have all the answers etc.). The very fact that you're using him in comparison with Ryan is laughable, especially when you consider the fact that Ryan had more success in one season than Kotite or any other coach since Parcells.

If the Jets fall on their face? Well first off I really don't think we will. There's too much talent there. If we do? So what, I don't think it will hurt anymore than it did under Edwards or Mangini just because our HC liked to speak his mind. Ryan's already shown that his mouth wont prevent his team from winning.

You're saying he should be quiet until they're accomplished, I'm saying he should be loud until he's failed. I think he's more of a success than a failure at this point so why the **** should he shut up?

I wonder if all the "cringers" out there are the ones who listen to a lot of sports radio

seriously, worrying about the back-lash from rex's statements in August is like wondering how much the divorce lawyer will cost on your first date

Just

Enjoy

The

Season !!!!!!!

He hasn't won anything yet? The guy made the AFC Championship game in his first season. The only other coach to do that since we won the ******* thing was your own username.

Walt Michaels went to the 1982 afc championship game. and Parcells did it in his second season, not his first. you should learn a lil more about the team you root for.

And so what? he hasnt won a super bowl. that gives you the right to say whatever you want. do you know how many teams lose in the championship games each year? :rl: thats not anything special ;)

Kotite was a guy who often talked himself down in the media (I'm not a genius,I don't have all the answers etc.). The very fact that you're using him in comparison with Ryan is laughable, especially when you consider the fact that Ryan had more success in one season than Kotite or any other coach since Parcells.

If the Jets fall on their face? Well first off I really don't think we will. There's too much talent there. If we do? So what, I don't think it will hurt anymore than it did under Edwards or Mangini just because our HC liked to speak his mind. Ryan's already shown that his mouth wont prevent his team from winning.

You're saying he should be quiet until they're accomplished, I'm saying he should be loud until he's failed. I think he's more of a success than a failure at this point so why the **** should he shut up?

FYI..the Jets had the same exact regular season record under mangini as they did under Ryan. they also had a collapse last year (like in 2008), but it wasnt at the end of the season but in the middle. I like what hes done with the defense. but I dont think we're anything special yet.

And He should shut up because it's becoming embarrassing.

I wonder if all the "cringers" out there are the ones who listen to a lot of sports radio

seriously, worrying about the back-lash from rex's statements in August is like wondering how much the divorce lawyer will cost on your first date

Just

Enjoy

The

Season !!!!!!!

Um, look at all the crybabies on this board when opposing team players say something about the Jets. LMAO! you think it's bad now? if they fall on their faces they will be the laughing stock on sportscenter every night. just like in 1996.

Archived