Sanchez. Sanchez. Sanchez

SMC

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They moved the ball well in the second game. First game, not so much.

The Pats had a rookie (who never played WR in his life) catch 8 balls for 98 yards out of the slot position.

My point remains, good offensive teams will find a way to move the ball when Revis shuts down their #1 WR.

The Pats had a rookie (who never played WR in his life) catch 8 balls for 98 yards out of the slot position.

My point remains, good offensive teams will find a way to move the ball when Revis shuts down their #1 WR.

8 catches for 98 yards while Moss does little is an absolute win for the defense. Move the ball maybe...but the Pats didnt score points that game.

8 catches for 98 yards while Moss does little is an absolute win for the defense. Move the ball maybe...but the Pats didnt score points that game.

Totally agree with you Matt.

It's all about putting points on the board.

Do you know how bad the Pats red zone offense was last year?

To your point, you have to put up points when you move the ball.

Right. I guess my assertion is merely that Revis is a fantastic piece on our defense but not the difference between winning a SB or not. He alone does not guarantee that because Sanchez is the main factor preventing us. I never had any illusions about us winning the SB this year, I thought we could make the playoffs and perhaps get to Divisional round, but with Sanchez at the helm I don't believe this is a SB team. This team is without a doubt built to win this year with the EXCEPTION of Sanchez.

Losing Revis or not having him hurts without a doubt. But having him doesn't mean we should be a favorite to get into the SB. That's my opinion.

I guess we are not disagreeing much.

My point is with Sanchez as he currently is if given the following two options:

a) Revis comes back; lose Sanchez or

B) Sanchez plays as he has so far (sometimes pretty good; sometimes throws 5 ints in one game); Revis stays out.

then the Jets would be better with a.

Your point seems to be if choices were:

a) Sanchez plays all his games this season like he did during his best 2 games last season; Revis stays out or

B) Sanchez plays as he has so far (sometimes pretty good; sometimes throws 5 ints in one game); Revis returns.

then Jets would be better with a.

And Brady got the snot knocked out of him because the Jets weren't forced to double-cover Moss.

And Brady got the snot knocked out of him because the Jets weren't forced to double-cover Moss.

The Jets defense had ZERO sacks in that game.

The Pats going 0 for 3 in the red zone impacted the outcome of that game more than the Jets defense "knocking the snot" out of Brady.

Exactly. He's one man. He cant shut the entire WR core down. People act like during that amazing season that our D was lights out. It surely wasnt. We squandered numerous 4th quarter leads.

Rex said it himself, this D isnt about 1 man or 2 men, the Jets D aspires to play great TEAM defense.

The Pats going 0 for 3 in the red zone impacted the outcome of that game more than the Jets defense "knocking the snot" out of Brady.

Did you even watch that game? The Jets may not have had a sack but they beat Brady like a red-headed stepchild that day.

Yup, I'm sure the fact Brady was hurried 15 times and knocked down another 5 times had nothing to do with the outcome.

Say hi to the Unicorns in fantasy land for me.

Exactly. He's one man. He cant shut the entire WR core down. People act like during that amazing season that our D was lights out. It surely wasnt. We squandered numerous 4th quarter leads.

Rex said it himself, this D isnt about 1 man or 2 men, the Jets D aspires to play great TEAM defense.

Did you expect him to say something different?

Rexy needs to walk the company line.

Did you expect him to say something different?

Rexy needs to walk the company line.

Rexy is doing anything but walking the company line my friend. And are you implying this defense all falls on the shoulders of Mevi$? Interestingly enough, everyone thought that about Big Jenk last season...there were no talks of what would the D do without Mevi$.

Rex >>>>>>>>>>>> Mevi$

Which team has a better record:

2009 Jets w/Peyton manning instead of Sanchez?

or

2009 Jets w/Jag CB instead of Revis?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, ha!

As I said, company line:

Let's look back at December. What was Rexy saying then?

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan might be getting a bit carried away.

In his praise for Jets star cornerback Darrelle Revis, he declared that Revis has had more impact on his defense than two former NFL Defensive Players of the Year.

Ryan told reporters that Revis was more important to the Jets' defense than two of his former players with the Baltimore Ravens: middle linebacker Ray Lewis and free safety Ed Reed.

"Ray Lewis had the most impact I've ever been around of a guy that would lead a team and will a team," Ryan said.. "He was a tremendous player. But what we can do physically and how [Revis has] changed what we can play defensively, I think he's the guy.

"That's obviously not taking anything away from Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. I love those guys. There is no question, and they've won those awards. This guy right here, it's amazing what he can do. A corner to dominate a game the way this corner can is something."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Heavy-praise-for-Revis-from-Rex-Ryan-6695.html

Rexy is doing anything but walking the company line my friend. And are you implying this defense all falls on the shoulders of Mevi$? Interestingly enough, everyone thought that about Big Jenk last season...there were no talks of what would the D do without Mevi$.

Rex >>>>>>>>>>>> Mevi$

Took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't read one post here last year when Jenks went down worrying about the D without Revis.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't read one post here last year when Jenks went down worrying about the D without Revis.

Its amazing what 1 season can do for Jets fans...greatest season ever, greatest player in franchise history, greatest CB in the history of the NFL.yadayadayada

You'd think we'd learn our lessons as Jets fans after Chadwick and Rhodes and all the other people we break the bank for who bring the sucktitude after one good year.

Not sayin Mevi$ is that, just sayin.

Its amazing what 1 season can do for Jets fans...greatest season ever, greatest player in franchise history, greatest CB in the history of the NFL.yadayadayada

You'd think we'd learn our lessons as Jets fans after Chadwick and Rhodes and all the other people we break the bank for who bring the sucktitude after one good year.

I know exactly what you're sayin'. You're sayin' "F Darrelle Revis!!!"

To mention Revis in the same breath as Chad and Rhodes — in terms of flat-out skill — is a grave injustice!

With Revis, Cro and Wilson we have a chance to shut down all comers. With Cro, Wilson, XYZ, we do not.

With Revis, Cro and Wilson we have a chance to shut down all comers. With Cro, Wilson, XYZ, we do not.

I agree, this D could be special with Mevi$...thats what makes this so frustrating.

Neither had a season like Darrelle Revis did in 2009.

Kind of my point, no?

I agree. I also think that Revis played last year like it was a contract year without telling anyone. He planned this holdout from the beginning and played 09 like it was a walk year. Don't expect him to play like that year in year out.

Archived