Revis Signed!!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious what the contract details are. I keep reading 7 years, but it can easily be voided to a 4 year, $46million deal. That's not nearly as outrageous as the 10 year, $160million people were so sure he was asking for.

That's why I've got the Klecko throwback. They can't cut him anymore.

Throwbacks tend to be more expensive. Hence why I only have one. However, I'm looking to add a few more. I can't wear Klecko though. All time great as a Jet, but he went to Temple.

I'm curious what the contract details are. I keep reading 7 years, but it can easily be voided to a 4 year, $46million deal. That's not nearly as outrageous as the 10 year, $160million people were so sure he was asking for.

TheJetsStream #Jets Darrelle Revis' deal: 4 years, $46 million with $32 million guaranteed, per source. #nfl #nyj @Revis24

Yeah, I want the team to have as much available funds for players to make us legit for years to come.

I'm a hater, congrats you are a douche!

I am a douche at times. But atleast I can always admit what I am and what Im not. You're a hater and a fronter. You say it was the "situation" and not the person yet you call Revis "Mevi$".

Whatever Hater.

They're so cheap that they were able to lock up Revis, Mangold and Brick for reasonable deals, leaving more than enough dough to take care of Harris as soon as the season ends or a new CBA is signed.

If the deal is really 4yrs 46 mil--then yeah the Jets were cheap. And lied a lot publicly, otherwise Revis taking this offer makes no sense. It also means the deals on the table were worse than this--though we were led to believe that he wanted 100+ million, and more than Aso and tons of guarantees etc. etc. Revis' granny had it right--the deals offered were never as good as Tanny would have you believe.

They're so cheap that they were able to lock up Revis, Mangold and Brick for reasonable deals, leaving more than enough dough to take care of Harris as soon as the season ends or a new CBA is signed.

That would be amazing if they could get Harris back too. I remember people in the know talking about that, saying it would be impossible.

In reference to the Revis deal specifically, I believe it will come down to Woody trying to save a few nickels by not signing a check. Whether he's cheap in general will play out over the next few years, imo.

I am a douche at times. But atleast I can always admit what I am and what Im not. You're a hater and a fronter. You say it was the "situation" and not the person yet you call Revis "Mevi$".

Whatever Hater.

Yeah that means I hated him, shew fly shew.

If the deal is really 4yrs 46 mil--then yeah the Jets were cheap. And lied a lot publicly, otherwise Revis taking this offer makes no sense. It also means the deals on the table were worse than this--though we were led to believe that he wanted 100+ million, and more than Aso and tons of guarantees etc. etc. Revis' granny had it right--the deals offered were never as good as Tanny would have you believe.

Just be thrilled there's a chance we locked up the best CB in the NFL this cheap. Sheesh. Are you really that concerned about Revis's walet?

That's not true at all.

I'm reading this as Ryan got Revis to cave and take the middle of three offers. The Jets had three offers on the table - a 10 year deal, a four year deal and a one-year stopgap deal.

They obviously could not agree on guaranteed money on a 10 year deal so they met somewhere in the middle.

Revis definitely wanted more. Ryan got him to take less.

ALL HAIL THE FAT MAN!!!!

That's not true at all.

I'm reading this as Ryan got Revis to cave and take the middle of three offers. The Jets had three offers on the table - a 10 year deal, a four year deal and a one-year stopgap deal.

They obviously could not agree on guaranteed money on a 10 year deal so they met somewhere in the middle.

Revis definitely wanted more. Ryan got him to take less.

ALL HAIL THE FAT MAN!!!!

that's the way I'm reading it too

In reference to the Revis deal specifically, I believe it will come down to Woody trying to save a few nickels by not signing a check. Whether he's cheap in general will play out over the next few years, imo.

He's already proven himself to not be cheap. Now he's proven himself to not be a chump either.

We just watched Woody's balls drop.

How can you be called "cheap" in reference to giving someone who is still under contract for 3 years a guarantee bump????????

Sirlancemehlot wishes the Jets could return to a simpler time, when giving over-the-hill veterans cap-killing deals was a good thing, while young talent left to go to other teams.

Thank you Tannenbaum, you cheap bastard, thank you!

Yeah that means I hated him, shew fly shew.

Oh, and next time please talk to me and not at me. In otherwords, if you have something to say quote me. I remember you said you dont like playing games. Then be straight forward hater.

Come the start of the season I'll be friends with you whether you like it or not...but for now, until "Mevi$" signs you'll be a hater.

Just be thrilled there's a chance we locked up the best CB in the NFL this cheap. Sheesh. Are you really that concerned about Revis's walet?

Oh, hell no. Fair deal if you ask me. just sheds some light on all the previous misinformation. If he signed because this is the best deal yet--then we've been duped by the FO into thinking Revis was a greedy scumbag. Turns out--he was just looking for a fair shake. Lotta lyin from the FO on this one. on a lighter note: Revis, cro, wilson, lowery, harris, scott, jenkins, ellis, taylor, thomas and, evetually pace. wow. wow.

Oh, hell no. Fair deal if you ask me. just sheds some light on all the previous misinformation. If he signed because this is the best deal yet--then we've been duped by the FO into thinking Revis was a greedy scumbag. Turns out--he was just looking for a fair shake. Lotta lyin from the FO on this one. on a lighter note: Revis, cro, wilson, lowery, harris, scott, jenkins, ellis, taylor, thomas and, evetually pace. wow. wow.

WTF makes you think this MUST be the best deal yet? Maybe it isn't? Maybe Mevis caved.

Oh, and next time please talk to me and not at me. In otherwords, if you have something to say quote me. I remember you said you dont like playing games. Then be straight forward hater.

Come the start of the season I'll be friends with you whether you like it or not...but for now, until "Mevi$" signs you'll be a hater.

Don't flatter yourself you're not the only douche here.

We will never be friends, I don't take up with clowns.

Archived