Revis Signed!!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TheJetsStream

#Jets deal for Darrelle Revis is 7 years... it can be voided to 4 years, $46 million, per source. #nfl #nyj

If true, he held out all of training camp and got nothing close to the $16.2 he was demanding.

Brilliant!

Good job Tanny!

OMG I guess you guys who said Woody is cheap were right too, huh????

I'd almost guarantee that this whole debacle was caused by Woody trying to avoid signing a check right now as opposed to stretching it out over the length of the contract. All that sh*t about $16 mil per and trying to weasel around guarantees was just a front for Woody to avoid having to pay any cold hard cash up front. That Woody would choose to do so in a year where the Jets are legit contenders, imo, makes him both cheap and misguided.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rex went down there, knocked on the door, Revis answered, and Rex basically said, "Ok kid, let's stop ******* around and get you home".

He's sooooo cheap that all he keeps doing is signing the team's best FA's and the only reason Harris isn't signed is a stupid cap rule.

I'd almost guarantee that this whole debacle was caused by Woody trying to avoid signing a check right now as opposed to stretching it out over the length of the contract. All that sh*t about $16 mil per and trying to weasel around guarantees was just a front for Woody to avoid having to pay any cold hard cash up front. That Woody would choose to do so in a year where the Jets are legit contenders, imo, makes him both cheap and misguided.

Bottom line we're all on the same "team" here, so to speak. Question is, are Woody, Mike T and Rex bringing us in the right direction and I say yes

Look at the team and coaching staff assembled, yea cheap. :blink:

Wonder how many Revis haters are going to jump back on the bandwagon once he plays like usual.

I can't speak for everyone, but speaking for me, Revis was, is, and will always be a player I support. I'm glad I bought his jersey (discounted) while the holdout was going on. Sometimes you have to keep the faith! Now let's go get that Super Bowl.

Bottom line we're all on the same "team" here, so to speak. Question is, are Woody, Mike T and Rex bringing us in the right direction and I say yes

I'd agree with that. Now, do we trust them to keep us on the right path, and does that path end up with us on a reservation in Oklahoma with smallpox blankets is the question.

Wonder how stupid you have to be to think people hated the player and not the situation.

exactly right Brook...we ALL wanted Revis back we were just pissed at how he was going about it and messing with our heads all summer when we should have been focusing on positive things

They're so cheap that they were able to lock up Revis, Mangold and Brick for reasonable deals, leaving more than enough dough to take care of Harris as soon as the season ends or a new CBA is signed.

exactly right Brook...we ALL wanted Revis back we were just pissed at how he was going about it and messing with our heads all summer when we should have been focusing on positive things

Try explaining that to the blind, seduced and deceived.

I can't speak for everyone, but speaking for me, Revis was, is, and will always be a player I support. I'm glad I bought his jersey (discounted) while the holdout was going on. Sometimes you have to keep the faith! Now let's go get that Super Bowl.

Well put. Dude, obviously was worth this deal. I dont know how in the world anyteam is going to throw on us. Looking at Wilson play, this kid os a cover corner.

Archived