Michael Douglas a big Jets fan?

JoeWillie

Michael Douglas jokes throat cancer 'couldn't have picked a better time', enjoys his sports

Friday, September 10, 2010

Michael Douglas jokes that his stage four throat cancer "couldn't have picked a better time" as he is spending time watching his favorite sports and has a new film coming out as he undergoes chemotherapy and radiation.

"Tennis has never been better, college football just started and it's been a great weekend of college football," People magazine quoted the 65-year-old actor, as saying at a New York press conference to promote his latest film, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.

"I've got a Monday-night game coming up with the Jets, so sports looks really good. And to top it off, we have a picture that's rocking," he said. "So, what's not to like?"

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps also stars Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan, features a cameo by Charlie Sheen, and opens on September 24. In the Oliver Stone film, the sequel to the 1987 movie Wall Street, Douglas plays a trader who is released from prison and tries to help Wall Street before its a market crash while attempting to revive a relationship with his estranged daughter.

Michael Douglas said in mid-August that doctors had found a tumor in his throat and that he was set to undergo radiation and chemotherapy and was expected to make a full recovery. Throat cancers can be cured 90 percent of the time if detected early, according to the U.S. National Institute of Health.

He told talk show host David Letterman in late August: "The big thing you're always worried about is it spreading. I am head and neck, above the neck, so nothing's gone down and expectations are good. He also said that he was "taking it a day at a time and trying to do my homework with the program and rest," adding: "It's just another chapter, and I've had a pretty good run of it. This has been a pretty bad year but topped off with a really good movie."

================================================================================================================

Always loved him as an actor.

Hope he beats this thing.

If there is a God, Shia LeBouf will volunteer to have his throat transplanted into Michael Douglas.

wow, i read the article and was thinking of a tactful way to insult Shia LeBoof in a thread about Michael Douglas's cancer. You sir may have done it perfectly.

Cancer is homo. Really sucked when I heard this news, hope he makes a full recovery...

Archived