New York Jets vs. Baltimore Ravens

Maxman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't pissed. Been down this road too many times. Disappointed yes. Pissed no.

The offense was terrible. I don't remember ever being more proud of a defense. The defense basically gave up 6 points. An offensive player had a penalty on special teams that made it 10.

Yup. Schotty is getting exposed nationally here.

Evidence for Schotty being a sh*tty OC: All of his QBs, including Brett Favre, play like Chad Pennington. Even the almighty Drew Brees could not crack 4k yards with Schotty, although he immediately did so when going to New Orleans.

Actually, in fact, every QB that leaves a Schotty offense becomes markedly better. From Drew Brees to Philip Rivers to Brett Favre to even Chad Pennington. In fact, Kellen Clemens may in fact be an NFL QB, we just wouldn't know.

The evidence against it though is that Sanchez is allowed to change plays, so why doesn't he change them? Then again Sanchez called some good plays in that final preseason game.

My theory is that they indeed expect Sanchez to take over play calling at some point, albeit probably not yet.

I wasn't pissed. Been down this road too many times. Disappointed yes. Pissed no.

The offense was terrible. I don't remember ever being more proud of a defense. The defense basically gave up 6 points. An offensive player had a penalty on special teams that made it 10.

That's what makes this so hard, we should have won easily! :angry::(

Bart Scott rubs me the wrong way but in games like this he really shows something with his effort.

Well Jets fans after a LONG off-season it is game day. If you were in a coma the past few months here is a recap of the action in the JetNation season preview.

Otherwise join us in this thread as we discuss the game later today and wish the Jets well. Possibly a little venting along the way as well.

Go Jets!!!

I'm taking over as official thread starter for the Pats game. We need some life in this team!

Watching the game live, it was clear the Ravens were the better team. but I don't think they really won the other night I mean they only beat us by one point.. I was listening to Boomer and Cartons analysis of the game and it was pretty dead on.. http://video.msg.com/Home/Jets-Analysis-WFAN-s-Boomer-and-Carton-on-MSG The offense needs to step up their game!

Archived