Impressed with Revis tonight

CanoRevis24

although he didnt have much balls thrown his way, i saw some good coverage. not bad for a guy who isnt 100% game ready

Revis was Revis. Problem was that the Ravens' veteran receivers picked on Cromartie (not the brightest bulb) and Wilson (rookie). I think we might need to put Revis on Wes Welker on Sunday.

Revis was Revis. Problem was that the Ravens' veteran receivers picked on Cromartie (not the brightest bulb) and Wilson (rookie). I think we might need to put Revis on Wes Welker on Sunday.

And what, let Moss catch 8 for 150 and 3 scores on Cro? No thanks. Either way, can't put Wilson on Welker. He's a rook, so I won't trash him...but Welker would make him look like an absolute fool (as he does to most everyone). I don't know how we handle the combo. Athletically you'd think Cro would actually match up better than Revis with Moss, but the dude has a chip the size of that Super Bowl swagger on his shoulder...and only Revis at 100% can shut him down, if Brady wants to go to him IMO.

It's a rather pointless conversation though, because BB is going to key in on whoever/wherever Revis isn't -- 100% or not. Until Wilson shows he can hold his own and/or Cro shows to be competent (yes, he's a freak athlete but had some killer holds tonight) they'll get picked on. Doesn't matter what percentage Revis is at...why risk it when you have an easy play elsewhere?

And what, let Moss catch 8 for 150 and 3 scores on Cro? No thanks. Either way, can't put Wilson on Welker. He's a rook, so I won't trash him...but Welker would make him look like an absolute fool (as he does to most everyone). I don't know how we handle the combo. Athletically you'd think Cro would actually match up better than Revis with Moss, but the dude has a chip the size of that Super Bowl swagger on his shoulder...and only Revis at 100% can shut him down, if Brady wants to go to him IMO.

It's a rather pointless conversation though, because BB is going to key in on whoever/wherever Revis isn't -- 100% or not. Until Wilson shows he can hold his own and/or Cro shows to be competent (yes, he's a freak athlete but had some killer holds tonight) they'll get picked on. Doesn't matter what percentage Revis is at...why risk it when you have an easy play elsewhere?

Revis will probably bounce back and forth on Moss and Welker depending on the situation, I suppose.

Revis will probably bounce back and forth on Moss and Welker depending on the situation, I suppose.

I agree, but thats my point...they'll just throw away from him. Cro showed flashes, but I have no faith that anyone not named Revis can stop either one. At least with Sheppard I expected to yell at my tv 5-6 times a game. I actually thought I'd be happy with his replacement combo, lol. One game...yes...but this team was supposed to be put together to be Peyton Manning kryptonite. Even assuming Cro could keep being just that, and Revis taking Wayne out...who feels any more confident with the Rook over Lowery last year?

Sigh.

I agree, but thats my point...they'll just throw away from him. Cro showed flashes, but I have no faith that anyone not named Revis can stop either one. At least with Sheppard I expected to yell at my tv 5-6 times a game. I actually thought I'd be happy with his replacement combo, lol. One game...yes...but this team was supposed to be put together to be Peyton Manning kryptonite. Even assuming Cro could keep being just that, and Revis taking Wayne out...who feels any more confident with the Rook over Lowery last year?

Sigh.

I'm not going to villify Wilson after 1 game. This was just a bad matchup for our secondary. I still take Wilson over Lowery in a heartbeat, in ANY situation. He'll learn.

I'm not going to villify Wilson after 1 game. This was just a bad matchup for our secondary. I still take Wilson over Lowery in a heartbeat, in ANY situation. He'll learn.

Not villifying him my any means, just sayin'. He's a rook. Even Revis, as great as he is, had bad moments as a rook. My point is that expectations were probably a little high for him. Tonight is by no means an indication of whats to come, I'm just bummed out big time, I suppose.

Not villifying him my any means, just sayin'. He's a rook. Even Revis, as great as he is, had bad moments as a rook. My point is that expectations were probably a little high for him. Tonight is by no means an indication of whats to come, I'm just bummed out big time, I suppose.

At least he won't have to cover a wiley veteran next week. Brandon Tate appears to be his assignment.

I'm going to say it,..I'm embarrassed with myself that I'd be stupid enough after 39 yrs to drink the rex-ade and buy into the fact that we could win without Revis the ravens were only using half the field and were 8 for 11 on third down

REvis? Why wasn't he covering Boldin all night? He was playing his side of the field--not moving to the best WR. He covered TE's, backs and slots as much as he covered Boldin. Which is why Boldin had over 100yds tonight. And we couldn't stop a third down. Time of possession was all Ravens. They had a 16 play drive at one point. I think Revis was being protected. He'll be fine, of course--but he wasn't special tonight.

REvis? Why wasn't he covering Boldin all night? He was playing his side of the field--not moving to the best WR. He covered TE's, backs and slots as much as he covered Boldin. Which is why Boldin had over 100yds tonight. And we couldn't stop a third down. Time of possession was all Ravens. They had a 16 play drive at one point. I think Revis was being protected. He'll be fine, of course--but he wasn't special tonight.

Mason is better than Boldin and he was Revis' primary assignment. That's why Mason only had 2 for 21. They didn't protect Revis at all. Heap was killing them, so I don't see Revis covering Heap as protection. IF they kept Revis on one side it's probably because Cromartie is more comfortable on one side of the field.

Archived