undisciplined

sirlancemehlot

Hard Knocks showed the teams true colors. Cheeseburgers at practice, Sanchez acting like a little kid, Taylor showing up on his own--late, Mangold holding up a meeting and walking in with food and Dunkin donuts coffee... nothng about this team says professional. 100+ yards of penalties in the first half alone tells me they need Rex to stiffen up and straighten them out instead of being everyone's pal. This team has played sloppy in four preseason games and now the home opener. They are acting like the "Clowns" Rex said they were.

It's a legitimate question, imo: how much did the distraction of the Hard Knocks cameras contribute toward stalling this team's preparation, especiall at the QB position? This was my big concern the second I heard the Jets were going to be on Hard Knocks, that it would hurt Sanchez's development in a summer where he'd need to make the biggest strides of anyone on the team. Judging by the way he played, I don't know how anyone can argue that he was anywhere near ready to compete in an NFL game. How much of that was because he was worried about being a TV start all summer instead of obsessively powering through his playbook?

It's a legitimate question, imo: how much did the distraction of the Hard Knocks cameras contribute toward stalling this team's preparation, especiall at the QB position? This was my big concern the second I heard the Jets were going to be on Hard Knocks, that it would hurt Sanchez's development in a summer where he'd need to make the biggest strides of anyone on the team. Judging by the way he played, I don't know how anyone can argue that he was anywhere near ready to compete in an NFL game. How much of that was because he was worried about being a TV start all summer instead of obsessively powering through his playbook?

Nah, they're just an overrated team at this point. Nothing to do with Hard Knocks. The offense is complete garbage. Plenty of blame to go around without blaming it on a TV show.

And those 3rd and longs by the Ravens offense were a killer.

You want to blame Sanchez sucking on Hard Knocks? C'mon. He sucked before, during and after Hard Knocks. By all accunts he did what it takes. He seems to know the offense, he just looks scared. The Ravens were hitting him and they had the red light on, so I don't blame him.

The OP is talking about sloppy play. Penalties and fumbles. IMO, the problem is that we are turning our ground 'n pound over to some fumblers. Greene looked visibly shaken. He probably should. McKnight was inactive, but he's a fumbler. That leaves us with Woodhead (midget) and Tomlinson (old). Before anybody brings up Chauncey Washington, he spits it up too.

The D was on the field way too dam long last night. Cro came up with a big INT and if he ran it back for a TD we win the game. And you would be saying you were one of his kids.

Yea it was a very nice interception. And dont get me wrong, he is probably one of the most athletic cb's in the league. When he intercepts a ball his odds of returning it for 6 are ridiculous due to his sheer athleticism. BUT, He had twice the amount of flags than the Rookie Wilson!

4 flags! For just about 50 yards is unacceptable by from a pro bowler cornerback!!! Its undisciplined...

Yea it was a very nice interception. And dont get me wrong, he is probably one of the most athletic cb's in the league. When he intercepts a ball his odds of returning it for 6 are ridiculous due to his sheer athleticism. BUT, He had twice the amount of flags than the Rookie Wilson!

4 flags! For just about 50 yards is unacceptable by from a pro bowler cornerback!!! Its undisciplined...

watching from the stands, it was obvious Cro has a major flaw...he plays the reciever when the ball's in the air, not the ball--and as such he never gets his head around. Instead he times it as best he can and flails at the WR's arms. You see Revis play and he's always got his eyes pointed back toward the ball or the QB. Cro is always facing his own endzone.

watching from the stands, it was obvious Cro has a major flaw...he plays the reciever when the ball's in the air, not the ball--and as such he never gets his head around. Instead he times it as best he can and flails at the WR's arms. You see Revis play and he's always got his eyes pointed back toward the ball or the QB. Cro is always facing his own endzone.

Agreed. Playing the Reciever, and NOT the Ball will get you penalties...

A lot of those 3rd and longs the Ravens converted were by penalty, mostly thanks to Kyle Wilson or Antonio Cromartie. Rex Ryan made up his mind to throw Wilson out there on his own, and let him learn on the job. He is a talented player, and will get better; but he obviously has a lot to learn.

Thing is, the Jets had ONE chance to win that game against the Ravens, and that was by maintaining field position. Once the Ravens got the field position, the Jets were dead, because the offense was a big zero. The first time the Ravens got field position, Cromartie made a big INT, and the Jets dodged a bullet. The second time, Wilson was called for the big PI penalty, and the Ravens took the lead. But even in the second half, the Jets had the Ravens in bad field position, and the O still couldn't deliver points.

A team HAS to get points out of a big field position advantage, because you don't get too many chances to do that.

I said this in another post but its more fitting here. When you replace guys with character (Faneca,Jones) with characters,Edwards,Cromartie your going to

get this sort of thing..You bring them in because they can ball hoping they won't hurt you..well as Malcolm X said.."The chickens have come home to roost"

Last night it was the scenario..Problem once you're a "players coach" its tough to reel in with discipline on the hook. What could happen is the the character guys

will start getting on the characters and in turn the coach..Jets have a good team..that is very undisciplined..you cannot win in the NFL like this.

Is it me or does Sanchez look squeamish out there. You have to a brave,ballsy MF'er to play QB in this league?

Archived