Our Offense is the best looking "O" in the NFL

JoeWillie

All the different formations ...

The fancy shifts ...

All the elaborate motions...

The occasional "WildCat" ...

The numerous checks, the "kills", the hard counts, the fake snaps ...

Yep, the Jets Offense is the best looking "O" in the NFL, no question.

Right up until the point we snap the f#@$ing ball.

The fancy shifts ...

I hate Schotty. I hate his fake tough guy act. He's not tough, his father was tough. You were a spoiled rich qb. Stop with the tough southern accent thing you try. You're a joke.

Cut the pu$$* offense stuff out.

The fancy shifts ...

I hate Schotty. I hate his fake tough guy act. He's not tough, his father was tough. You were a spoiled rich qb. Stop with the tough southern accent thing you try. You're a joke.

Cut the pu$$* offense stuff out.

The fancy shifts ...

Even though said that in jest, it is a huge problem.

When you have a tentative QB and a struggling offense, you want to simplify things, not make them more complicated.

All that shifting and motion will not fool any NFL defense, especially the Ravens.

Get to the line of scrimmage, take care of you individual responsibility and friggn' execute the play.

Even though said that in jest, it is a huge problem.

When you have a tentative QB and a struggling offense, you want to simplify things, not make them more complicated.

All that shifting and motion will not fool any NFL defense, especially the Ravens.

Get to the line of scrimmage, take care of you individual responsibility and friggn' execute the play.

Thats whats ironic about this team. Rex has a 1950's mentality of just line up and beat the sh*t out of the person in front of you, yet he lets his OC run an offense which is exactly the opposite.

How is "ground & pound" the exact opposite?

I'm saying its counter productive. In one breath you are a ground and pound, line up and beat the man in front of you...yet you do 10 different shifts before the snap as if you are trying use smoke and mirrors to fool the defense.

It doesnt equate. If you are saying, we are just going to line up and beat the snot out of you, then why all the shifts?

I'm saying its counter productive. In one breath you are a ground and pound, line up and beat the man in front of you...yet you do 10 different shifts before the snap as if you are trying use smoke and mirrors to fool the defense.

It doesnt equate. If you are saying, we are just going to line up and beat the snot out of you, then why all the shifts?

Yes, and the defense isn't fooled but your offense gets confused and commits penalties. Last year down the stretch after Rex got more involved in the offense, did we shift as much before the snap?

I don't have an answer there. Hopefully Rex and Schottenheimer do. When it comes to offense, I think its the blind (Rex) leading the blind (Schottenheimer) leading the blind (Sanchez) there. Its high time we hand the reins to Callahan.

Yes, and the defense isn't fooled but your offense gets confused and commits penalties. Last year down the stretch after Rex got more involved in the offense, did we shift as much before the snap?

Honestly, I dont recall it being nearly as much. Last night was more than I had ever seen in all the years of B Schitt. It was like Gruden was saying, they were looking for the perfect play each time at the LOS, when we are supposed to be this all weather, ground and pound offense.

I know one thing for sure, I'd hate to play oline for this team.

I don't have an answer there. Hopefully Rex and Schottenheimer do. When it comes to offense, I think its the blind (Rex) leading the blind (Schottenheimer) leading the blind (Sanchez) there. Its high time we hand the reins to Callahan.

That makes me want to cry.

... i love callahan as our OL coach ...

... i have a serious question though (perhaps someone could ask rich gannon on sirius his thoughts on this move) ... does anyone remember how he performed as OC? ...

... i know raiders lost the superbowl when he was HC ...

... anyone have any info on his offensive results in college and NFL? ...

thx,

l_j_r

Archived