Tom Brady shares his thoughts on the NY Jets

Maxman

http://www.jetnation.com/2010/09/16/tom-brady-shares-his-thoughts-on-the-ny-jets/

by Tyson Rauch on September 16, 2010

in Jet News

On Wednesday New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady addressed the New York media. Here are his comments courtesy of the New York Jets.

On his thoughts on the Jets after Monday night’s game…

“They played one of the top teams in the league in Baltimore, who are probably very similar to the way the Jets are. It was a very hard fought game. They’re two very good defensive football teams and they make it tough on offenses. The Jets defense in one of the best in the league and preparing for them is certainly no easy task. We’ve spent all day Monday, all day Tuesday and all day today trying to get ready for them. They present a lot of challenges. They’re just so physical and they really play that scheme really well.”

On if he can expand on when he said he hates the Jets…

“(Laughing) Can I expand on those feelings? Do they really need to be expanded on?”

On how deep is hatred is for the Jets…

“It’s an intense rivalry. There are not many New Yorkers that like people fromBoston and vice versa. When I got here, it was always Yankees/Red Sox. There’s just something between New York and Boston. The teams have been very competitive. It’s been a great rivalry. Obviously, there has been a lot of player movement over the years between teams. It makes it fun for the fans. It makes it fun for the players. It’s great for the league. I’m glad to be playing so early in the year. It’s exciting for the players.”

On his approach for going against Darrelle Revis…

“Well, ultimately, I’m not playing one guy. I’m playing all 11. I don’t look too much into that. I think every team has its strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think it’s smart to always challenge another team’s strength all the time. You’ve got to figure out the places where you see they’re vulnerable and go after those. That’s just pretty basic offensive football. If teams do certain things very well, you’ve got to find other things to do to be successful. You don’t want to play always into another team’s strengths. I think they do a lot of things very well, so that’s the challenge. It’s a very good defense (with)their blitz schemes and how physical they are. They have a lot of guys that can do a lot of different things – the Bryan Thomases and the Bart Scotts and David (Harris). They can all rush. They can all cover and that’s what makes it pretty challenging, more so than one guy. I don’t think a defense is built around one player. I think, ultimately, it’s about a team defense.”

On if the Jets and their coach do too much talking…

“I don’t really care what they do to tell you the truth. I’m concerned with what we do. That’s been our M.O. for a lot of years. I think it was successful for us. Jets are going to do what they’re going to do and we’re going to do what we’re going to do. The reality is none of it really matters. What matters is how we go out and play this weekend.”

On his reaction to the things Rex Ryan says…

“I don’t react too often. I don’t really get into all that. It doesn’t bother me one way or the other. I can sit here and make all the predictions in the world too. The reality for him and all his players and us and our coach (is)we’ve got to go out and play. I don’t spend my time looking into that other (stuff) or analyzing (it). I know that I’ve got to get ready to play. I don’t want to waste my time trying to analyze what he thinks about us. I just want to go out and play the game. I’d rather spend my time watching film then really talking to you guys, with all due respect (laughter).”

Right. And Tom Brady is Gay is soooooo topical and unique at that. I should follow your lead and be a high school drop out as well.

Good work yourself!

The words "Tom Brady is Gay" were first posted here by you.

You pathetic troll clown!

Imagine a world with no Jets Fans

It's easy if you try....

No hell in Jersey

Above us only sky

Imagine all the Jets fans

who secretly are gay...

Imagine there's no Fat Rex

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to Eat or Laugh at

And no religion too

Imagine all the Jets Fans

Realizing Pats are Best

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine a world with no Jets Fans

It's easy if you try....

No hell in Jersey

Above us only sky

Imagine all the Jets fans

who secretly are gay...

Imagine there's no Fat Rex

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to Eat or Laugh at

And no religion too

Imagine all the Jets Fans

Realizing Pats are Best

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

I know high school doesn't get out for a few more hours, and how boring it can be, but you should really use your time a bit more wisely.

My bad. Haven't made it through elementary school? So sorry. Still getting bullied on the short bus?

It really is sad that you can't even troll correctly. Are you going to show any football knowledge or are you going to continue to make yourself look like a simpleton? It's your choice bud..

Vinny Patrollie - makin' friends and influencin' people as usual I see.

I got an idea Vinny, look in the mirror and realize that the dude who comes to an opposing team's message board to make obnoxious statements and be a general disturbance is the one who is the a$$. The guys who root for the team the message board is dedicated to are just fans trying to talk about their favorite team.

Now piss off.

Right. And Tom Brady is Gay is soooooo topical and unique at that. I should follow your lead and be a high school drop out as well.

Good work yourself!

Your time here is going to be short if you think you can launch personal attacks. Talk football or talk somewhere else.

Vinny Patrollie - makin' friends and influencin' people as usual I see.

I got an idea Vinny, look in the mirror and realize that the dude who comes to an opposing team's message board to make obnoxious statements and be a general disturbance is the one who is the a$$. The guys who root for the team the message board is dedicated to are just fans trying to talk about their favorite team.

Now piss off.

Your time here is going to be short if you think you can launch personal attacks. Talk football or talk somewhere else.

Gotchya. I'd say I'd try to be more like Klectard here, but I realize that if an opposing fan pulled his chit, he'd be booted off here faster than you can say "fool".

So back to football. Pats will crush the Jets SB chances Sunday, not that they had a real chance anyway, so no biggie, right?

Gotchya. I'd say I'd try to be more like Klectard here, but I realize that if an opposing fan pulled his chit, he'd be booted off here faster than you can say "fool".

That's not the magic word that will get you deep-sixed around here.

The word you don't want to utter starts with a "P" and is a garment of clothing.

Good luck.

So back to football. Pats will crush the Jets SB chances Sunday, not that they had a real chance anyway, so no biggie, right?

Kid, I only fire when fired upon and I only go after jackass trolls like yourself who run around like moronic assheads and then act holier than thou when people call them on their bullsh*t.

I guess the truth hurts.

There are very few sites that let opposing fans get away with more stuff than we do.

"High School drop out" is considered an offensive personal attack now? Meh, I've heard worse.

Dear Vinny:

Jets fans get pretty sensitive after a loss. It is best that you take the high road. Just keep it to football. Yes, it stinks because it Pats/Jets week. And yes, they can call you all sorts of things - but retaliating, especially after a tough loss on an opening Monday Night, does not go over well. Suck it up, talk football, and get your subtle jabs in if you can. However, understand that rival fans are second class citizens here. It's just the way it is. It's that way at any rival fans messageboards. It's fun though.

BTW - Klecko is referred to as Zippy. Yes, you may use it.

There are very few sites that let opposing fans get away with more stuff than we do.

Agreed. I'll try not abuse that truth. Honest! (Until Monday anyway....) ;)

"High School drop out" is considered an offensive personal attack now? Meh, I've heard worse.

Dear Vinny:

Jets fans get pretty sensitive after a loss. It is best that you take the high road. Just keep it to football. Yes, it stinks because it Pats/Jets week. And yes, they can call you all sorts of things - but retaliating, especially after a tough loss on an opening Monday Night, does not go over well. Suck it up, talk football, and get your subtle jabs in if you can. However, understand that rival fans are second class citizens here. It's just the way it is. It's that way at any rival fans messageboards. It's fun though.

Thanks for the tip. I'll sub Zippy for Klectard then here on out.

Dear Vinny:

I love you Terry. :P

Archived