Notes from the game.

SenorGato

- Rex still has to iron out his game managing skills. He was f*cking up alot, whether anyone really wants to acknowledge it or not. If we lost, I would put my blame vote in his mostly empty blame box. That second quarter was disturbing and he had his fingerprints all over the offense.

- I still want to see Cromartie at safety.

- Our f*cking offensive coordinator is fine. Be f*cking glad for it.

- I really like it when Sanchez plays well.

- Braylon Edwards goes 2/87/1. Not bad...his two catches were game changers...still not the performance to convince the world that he's here to stay. Still can't deny that his two catches were two of the top 5 most important ones of the game. He and Keller are real difference makers here. He sounds like a good kid, and yes I know he's older than me.

- Matt F*cking Slauson is doing the best Adrian F*ckin Clarke impression I've ever seen. He needs to stop.

- The NFL is scripted. IrishJet should get props for noticing. We should have trounced them but two laughers in a row probably didn't sound right for Sunday Night football...Either way, it's always hard to watch these Sunday Night games...something you can't say for baseball.

- Kyle Wilson is impressive, despite giving up receptions. You can tell he studies film.

- I underrated 44.

- Brian Hartline should go f*ck himself.

- Rex still has to iron out his game managing skills. He was f*cking up alot, whether anyone really wants to acknowledge it or not. If we lost, I would put my blame vote in his mostly empty blame box. That second quarter was disturbing and he had his fingerprints all over the offense.

Weird how every time the offense looks bad, it's Rex's fault.

Weird how every time the offense looks bad, it's Rex's fault.

A defensive head coach who loves to run the ball gets a 2 TD lead before the end of the first quarter...what would he want his offense to do? I still believe Rex is more conservative in nature than he tends to get painted as. Such a drastic change in playcalling...looking for Keller in intermediate/deep routes and so on to runs and Wildcats...couldn't come without some outside influence. I could be totally wrong...it wouldn't kill anything really...there's plenty of other things that frustrated me about the HC today.

But fine, if you want me to seem fair then I'll say the offense in the 2nd quarter was Schottenheimer's fault.

A defensive head coach who loves to run the ball gets a 2 TD lead before the end of the first quarter...what would he want his offense to do? I still believe Rex is more conservative in nature than he tends to get painted as. Such a drastic change in playcalling...looking for Keller in intermediate/deep routes and so on...couldn't come without some outside influence. I could be totally wrong...it wouldn't kill anything really...there's plenty of other things that frustrated me about the HC today.

But fine, if you want me to seem fair then I'll say the offense in the 2nd quarter was Schottenheimer's fault.

You just said it in the above post. Rex is a DEFENSIVE coach. Schottenheimer, who's supposedly the second-coming of his Dad and a HC in the near future, should be able to take care of the offense on his own. The mere fact that Rex ever has to mess with the offense tells you all you need to know.

Don't blame the babysitter when the kid is old enough to take care of himself.

A defensive head coach who loves to run the ball gets a 2 TD lead before the end of the first quarter...what would he want his offense to do? I still believe Rex is more conservative in nature than he tends to get painted as. Such a drastic change in playcalling...looking for Keller in intermediate/deep routes and so on...couldn't come without some outside influence. I could be totally wrong...it wouldn't kill anything really...there's plenty of other things that frustrated me about the HC today.

Of course he is. As far as I'm concerned, Schottenheimer gets credit for a terrific 1st quarter, but that means he also gets the blame for blowing 2 TOs in the middle of the 2nd.

You just said it in the above post. Rex is a DEFENSIVE coach. Schottenheimer, who's supposedly the second-coming of his Dad and a HC in the near future, should be able to take care of the offense on his own. The mere fact that Rex ever has to mess with the offense tells you all you need to know.

Don't blame the babysitter when the kid is old enough to take care of himself.

Defensive HEAD coach...a somewhat old school football man at that.

Rex isn't overruling Schottenheimer's playcalling immediately after Schottenheimer gets us out to an early 14-point lead. No sane person believes this.

It's not overruling...The first 15 or so offensive playcalls are scripted out anyway...usually they're made to exploit whatever the opponents perceived or possible weakness may be early to build a quick lead and set the game's tempo.

After that it's winging it based on what's going on...Going into halftime with a 14 point lead against a division opponent on the road isn't a bad idea...a conservative coach with a young QB just may feel it's best to do that.

It's just a way to look at it...It's not as if the 2nd ended up meaning anything either way...and again...it's certainly not a worse reflection on Rex than the soft D in the 2nd...which doesn't matter because the Jets won and the D is missing it's two best playmakers.

Harp on something else...Matt Slauson or something.

What?

- I still want to see Cromartie at safety.

What??????

- Our f*cking offensive coordinator is fine. Be f*cking glad for it.

WHAT THE...>??

- I really like it when Sanchez plays well.

Ok... yes

Its hard to do that when you seem to have a pro-Schottenheimer and anti-Rex agenda.

I'm not so extreme, and I'm continually disappointed when I hear sh*t like this.

I only do the Rex thing to reflect how dumb the Schottenheimer stuff is...It's so strange to hear "Wilson plays like crap" when we're playing off coverage which none of the CBs on the roster are in love with....meanwhile it's "ZOMG SCHEMEZ/PLAYCALLINZ" when an offensive player f*cks up....seems biased.

That said, it's more fun for you guys to pretend I didn't just write that. When I said that same thing in the game thread it was happily ignored. I'm sure there's a part of everyone that enjoys these back and forth convos about Schottenheimer.

I'm CNN to your FOX News...more like Daily Show but I'm not really funny...I wanna be though...I try even.

The offense was rocking when they were making Keller the focal point of the passing game. Coincidence? <--- rhetorical question

LT is better than Greene in every way. Make LT the starter and give him 30 carries and make Keller the focus of the passing game. Tell Sanchez to scan the field from the middle outwards.

That near INT came on another ridiculous play where Schotty had 3 WRs within 10 feet of each other. When will this madness stop? <--- not a rhetorical question.

Archived