the biggest fraud in baseball

Blackout

His splits are ridiculous. A lot of people are clamoring for him to be the MVP but it has to go to Votto.

Look at these splits for a guy who doesn't get the credit he probably deserves because he play is such a hitters ballpark:

Home: .300 .395 .564 .959

Away: .349 .452 .641 1.093

Pujols' splits for comparison sake:

Home: .338 .440 .602 1.042

Away: .291 .392 .599 .990

who cares about cargo's splits? Coors Field is not a great hitter's park anymore.

If he in particular hits well there, it shouldn't be held against him.

Now if this were Coors Field in 2000, I'd agree.

top three in mvp should probably be carlos gonzalez, votto, and adrian gonzalez

pujols fourth

Carlos Gonzalez is a hell of a player. Matt Holliday by the way had a great year in St. Louis. Coors Field splits aren't as meaningful as the use to be. It's still a hitters park, but it's not head and shoulders above any of the other hitters marks, like Yankee Stadium, Camden, and GABP.

who cares about cargo's splits? Coors Field is not a great hitter's park anymore.

If he in particular hits well there, it shouldn't be held against him.

Now if this were Coors Field in 2000, I'd agree.

top three in mvp should probably be carlos gonzalez, votto, and adrian gonzalez

pujols fourth

On-Base + Slugging aka OPS

1. Votto (CIN) 1.029

2. Pujols (STL) 1.015

3. Gonzalez (COL) .988

OPS+ (adjusted to the rest of the league)

1. Votto (CIN) 174

2. Pujols (STL) 172

3. Gonzalez (SDP) 150

Gonzalez is not close.

He's got a good all around game. He's stole 25 bases at an 84% clip. Plays good CF D...He needs to walk more in the future. He wouldn't get my MVP vote this year.

I'd still give it to Pujols. Votto has the whole contender thing locked down, but Pujols is just f*ckin better than everyone in the NL. Pujols has more total bases...hit more HRs...hit more doubles...walked more...struck out less...he was probably intentionally walked more...Yea...it's kind of his era right now. It'll be Jason Heyward's turn soon enough, probably.

Votto's NL ranks:

AVG (2)

OBP (1)

SLG (1)

OPS (1)

HR (3)

RBI (3)

If that doesn't equal MVP, especially given his team is in the playoffs and COL and STL are not, I don't know what does. Also, Votto had a higher RBI/AB rate than both Pujols and CarGo. He ended up with 40 fewer at-bats than both guys so his RBI total was slightly lower.

Archived