Official 2010-2011 Boston Celtics thread

Blackout

Falco, come on bro, C's are looking old out there man. Yuo guys have the worst offense in the NBA since 3/1/11. Celtics looks completley lost out there right now. And to top it all off you just go embarrassed by the Bulls and the Heat. I'd be extremely worried about facing the Knicks in the first round if i'm a Boston fan.

Yeah, one thing I will agree with is that our offense has been horrible. We've shot like 40% or something since then...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, one thing I will agree with is that our offense has been horrible. We've shot like 40% or something since then...

92.5 PPG in march and only 90.8 so far in April... who the **** cares at what % it is at?

Man that Perkins deal is going to go down as one of the most title-killing deals in history. Yeesh.

Yep. And the thinking was absolutely stupid. Oh, you didn't think you can resign him. Hello? Your core is in their mid 30s. They might be too old by next year anyway.

Celtics had home court for half the season then make a trade & collapse to 3rd. Amazing

This going to be a great series. Definitly the most intriguing matchup. I'm going Knicks in 6.

Great job by the Heat coming on strong and stealing the No. 2 seed from the Celtics. Your guys lucked out in facing Philly. Doug Collins has done a fantastic job with that team, but the Heat are a bad matchup for them.

Great job by the Heat coming on strong and stealing the No. 2 seed from the Celtics. Your guys lucked out in facing Philly. Doug Collins has done a fantastic job with that team, but the Heat are a bad matchup for them.

Yea I believe we've beaten them in all 3 games this year by atleast a 9 point margin. Also with them being banged up coming into the playoffs I would think this series goes maybe 5 games max. Not facing NY in what would have surely been a tight series possibly going to 7 games is huge for this team. Asking them to beat the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls & then the Western conference champs is alot.

Yea I believe we've beaten them in all 3 games this year by atleast a 9 point margin. Also with them being banged up coming into the playoffs I would think this series goes maybe 5 games max. Not facing NY in what would have surely been a tight series possibly going to 7 games is huge for this team. Asking them to beat the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls & then the Western conference champs is alot.

Yep, and it gives the Heat a comfort level in the 1st round. The Heat would have been terrified playing the Knicks, not because the Knicks are so dangerous, but because of all the expectations and pressure on the Heat and facing a team that has beat them twice this season. This will be Bosh' 1st playoff series. If he got punked early in the series by Amare he might have been lost for the series.

Now, the Heat can just play basketball. They beat Philly and then will have the playoff victory capital to feed off of when they face the Knicks/Celtics in the next round.

This going to be a great series. Definitly the most intriguing matchup. I'm going Knicks in 6.

I don't see how this is possibly going to be even close. You do realize our starting bigs have been Shelden Williams and Jared Jeffries? Our entire bench is D-leaguers. Who knows what the deal is with Amare's ankle also. Right, D says it's fine but all I have to say is, Chauncey. The absolute only thing we have going for us in this series is Melo, Douglas, and the fact that Rondo's been playing like crap. If the Knicks can stay consistent on the perimeter we have a chance, but it's a small one. I think we'll pull out a game or two at home because of how fired up the Garden will be, but predicting us to take this one is ******* insane.

By the way, the fact that the Knicks have been rolling as of late with the roster we have should have put Melo at least on the outside of a couple of MVP discussions. This is without question the thinnest Knick squad ever to make the postseason. Look no further than how he played against Philly, and he did that with Iggy on him for a good part of the game.

I don't see how this is possibly going to be even close. You do realize our starting bigs have been Shelden Williams and Jared Jeffries? Our entire bench is D-leaguers. Who knows what the deal is with Amare's ankle also. Right, D says it's fine but all I have to say is, Chauncey. The absolute only thing we have going for us in this series is Melo, Douglas, and the fact that Rondo's been playing like crap. If the Knicks can stay consistent on the perimeter we have a chance, but it's a small one. I think we'll pull out a game or two at home because of how fired up the Garden will be, but predicting us to take this one is ******* insane.

By the way, the fact that the Knicks have been rolling as of late with the roster we have should have put Melo at least on the outside of a couple of MVP discussions. This is without question the thinnest Knick squad ever to make the postseason. Look no further than how he played against Philly, and he did that with Iggy on him for a good part of the game.

Boston looks old and tired right now. Rondo's confidence looks shot. Their bigs arn't impressing me. Amare > Garnett, Kristic isn't physical at all and a non factor. Same with JO. Big Baby has fallen in love with taking 18 foot jump shots. With amare and Melo the Knicks can score enough to overcome their bad defensive habbits, and their D has been improving. Add in the struggles of the Celtics offense in the last month or so and I'd say the C's are ripe for a first round exit. Knicks in 6.

No offense, but the Heat 'aint winning it all this year. They beat up on the sh*tty teams (that includes my Celtics right now) and look mediocre at best against good teams.

Chicago is the team to beat....pains me to say since I absolutely loathe Noah (and, yes, I am aware that in his own way, he is a mini-KG).

The Celtics got worse since trading Perkins. Euro-weenie 'aint no Perk, Big Baby is giving up offense for defense, Ray Allen is cold as ice right now and for some reason Rondo has been lost since losing his binky and best friend, Perkins. This is what is most upsetting. Get over it already! Yes, they traded away your friend. You are still a professional making tons of money. Shut the eff up and move the ball.

LOL, D4L, gotta love a Heat fan trying to convince a Knick fan that the Knicks can win. :D

I'm not as gloomy about this as Rutgers, because from a Celtic's POV the team has had some serious troubling trends. Perkins is viewed as the key loss, but Rondo's game has fallen apart down the stretch.

In the 12 games prior to the Celtics-Knick game on 3/21, the Celtics were 8-4. In that game the Knicks used an interesting defensive scheme against Rondo--don't defend him. The Knicks dropped off of him and dared him to shoot, which he couldn't do. The Celtics have played 12 games since that game and are 5-7 with their offense in a tailspin.

I don't know if that 3/21 game put Rondo in a funk or other teams started using the "Rondo is the fat kid so let him shoot" defense, but it has hurt them greatly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived