Official 2010-2011 Boston Celtics thread

Blackout

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deron Williams is the truth. If he can make Brooke Shields Lopez play through contact, he must be a deity.

that crossover step back for the 3 to seal the game last night was SICK. Derron Williams > Carmela Anthony. Both the Nets and Nuggets have flourished since their trades.....the knicks not so much. :(

Nuggets are 8-2 since the trade. Where are all the people that called me a homer because I thought the Knicks were better off before? It's not the players, it was NY's system that was bringing the players down. Now that they're in Denver, it shows.

Nuggets are 8-2 since the trade. Where are all the people that called me a homer because I thought the Knicks were better off before? It's not the players, it was NY's system that was bringing the players down. Now that they're in Denver, it shows.

We're all right here, yet it's become futile to argue with you, as you seem to have absolutely zero basketball iq.

There are many reasons the Nuggets are playing well and winning, and their new acquisitions aren't even close to the top. The nuggets are playing well, because they were a good team prior to Melo leaving and are still good after he left, considering they only lost two key rotational players in Melo and Billups.

-The first big reason they are playing better is the initial "monkey off their back." They can all relax and start playing ball; it's analogous to having a coaching change spark the team.

-Secondly, they have a point guard who is familiar with the team as he's been with them for a couple of years and was primed to take over as the teams starting pg. He is a great pg in an uptempo offense, and that's exactly what they have since stressed. They are pushing the tempo and Lawson has been playing exactly as well as everyone thought he would.

-Thirdly. Gallo has only played two games, one good game, which so happened to be the game they lost. Felton is averaging 11 and 7, in only 6.5 less minutes of play...see how hard it is to pg a team that you aren't familiar with? Maybe this will show just how good chauncey really is and how important he can be for us in the big games. Chandler is averaging about 14 and 5 (playing 4 less minutes a game) which is lower than here in NY. I'm not hating on our former players, as I love them, wish them the best, and wish we could have kept more, but we didn't. It's nice to fantasize about them and question our coaching and management, but you can't simply makeup numbers and say the former knicks players are flourishing and the reason the nuggets are winning.

-Lastly, they still have players who are now stepping up ie. Afflalo and Nene have been playing well.

I don't know if anyone can get the notion through your head that there is a big difference between what the knicks are dealing with and what the nuggets are. The nuggets lost to rotational players, while still maintaining a pg who has known and flourished in the system for a couple years. The knicks traded their starting pg, small forward and center, while trying to establish cohesiveness with a new point guard and new superstar SF.

The nuggets have been playing as a team and been playing very well. But it's hard to believe that you don't understand how role players are more easily assimilated into a starting rotation than a brand new starting pg and small forward who requires 20 shots a game. And if you don't understand that the knicks team right now is better than it was pre-trade, you really do know nothing about basketball.

We're all right here, yet it's become futile to argue with you, as you seem to have absolutely zero basketball iq.

There are many reasons the Nuggets are playing well and winning, and their new acquisitions aren't even close to the top. The nuggets are playing well, because they were a good team prior to Melo leaving and are still good after he left, considering they only lost two key rotational players in Melo and Billups.

-The first big reason they are playing better is the initial "monkey off their back." They can all relax and start playing ball; it's analogous to having a coaching change spark the team.

-Secondly, they have a point guard who is familiar with the team as he's been with them for a couple of years and was primed to take over as the teams starting pg. He is a great pg in an uptempo offense, and that's exactly what they have since stressed. They are pushing the tempo and Lawson has been playing exactly as well as everyone thought he would.

-Thirdly. Gallo has only played two games, one good game, which so happened to be the game they lost. Felton is averaging 11 and 7, in only 6.5 less minutes of play...see how hard it is to pg a team that you aren't familiar with? Maybe this will show just how good chauncey really is and how important he can be for us in the big games. Chandler is averaging about 14 and 5 (playing 4 less minutes a game) which is lower than here in NY. I'm not hating on our former players, as I love them, wish them the best, and wish we could have kept more, but we didn't. It's nice to fantasize about them and question our coaching and management, but you can't simply makeup numbers and say the former knicks players are flourishing and the reason the nuggets are winning.

-Lastly, they still have players who are now stepping up ie. Afflalo and Nene have been playing well.

I don't know if anyone can get the notion through your head that there is a big difference between what the knicks are dealing with and what the nuggets are. The nuggets lost to rotational players, while still maintaining a pg who has known and flourished in the system for a couple years. The knicks traded their starting pg, small forward and center, while trying to establish cohesiveness with a new point guard and new superstar SF.

The nuggets have been playing as a team and been playing very well. But it's hard to believe that you don't understand how role players are more easily assimilated into a starting rotation than a brand new starting pg and small forward who requires 20 shots a game. And if you don't understand that the knicks team right now is better than it was pre-trade, you really do know nothing about basketball.

Actually, I do agree with you with Afflalo...probably one of the most underrated defenders in the league.

Still not worried, still in 1st

Nope, we're still in 1st...we own the tiebreaker.

lolfalcon63

That didn't take long for me to make you look foolish yet again.

What was with CHI last night with their uniforms? I looked quickly on ESPN and I thought Rose was wearing a Celtics jersey...

St Patty's day, child please.

pfft

YOU are the guy who said Cleveland would be on par with miami this year.

mark my words: Rondo is THE best defense point guard in the league AND he is the best passer in the league.

Rose wants NONE OF him in the playoffs. NOT 0.00001 % of him!!!

Archived