The Insanity of Revis Island

lancemehl

He does one thing: shuts down your favorite target.

We know all about his legendary season last year when Revis Island became the #1 tourist attraction in the NFL. So, he comes in this year on a sour note. Shut down his guy in the opener,as usual , then missed a couple games, blah, blah, blah

But as the season went on, more of the same. Here he is against top receivers...again. Granted, it's never just one on one all game, and by that token, it was obvious that the second tier backs were getting exposed all year, not the corners. Also interesting to note, like a true island, most of the time the dry, hot land is surrounded by fruitful games. lmao

Derrick Mason 2 for 21 No TD (not too impressive beginning of year, neither was Darrelle)

Calvin Johnson 1 for 17 No TD (9/101 3TD week before, 10/128 1TD following week) 8

Andre Johnson 4 for 41 No TD (9/146 1TD before, 24/345 3TD following 3 games)

Ocho cinco 4 for 41 No TD (5/96 the following game)

TO 3 for 17 No TD (his whole season sucked, but this was his worst game all year)

Davone Bess 1 for 6 No TD (12/178 previous 2 games, 9/78 following week.)

Brandon Marshall 2 for 13 1 TD (missed game before, 21/208 TD next 2 weeks)

Hines Ward 2 for 34 No TD (8/115 week before, only 3 catches week after)

Deion Branch 3 for 64 1 TD (3/113 2TDs week before, 8/151 1TD following week)

(in a 45-3 blowout)

Other games-

* Browns have no #1, but all three of their sh*tty receivers combined for 7 catches/72 yards No TDs

* The Johnny Knox kid had a nice game for Chicago 92 yards and 2 TDs in a shootout. Kudos.

Playoffs so far

Reggie Wayne 1 for 1 No TD

Deion Branch 5 for 59 1 TD (Still was one of Revis' best games. He had six tackles, stopping the run, one for a loss, and broke up a huge completion with a special kind of play.

That is 28 catches for 250 yards in 9 games, between 11 Pro-Bowl caliper receivers (and pretty decent QB's delivering.)

That, my friends, is disgusting.

The break up on the pass to Branch was mind numbingly disgusting. He's unbelievable.

And that single play really points out one of the main reasons he is, by far, the best. His coverage is usually so tight, it takes almost a perfect throw just to get the ball into the hands of the receiver. And then, his physical reaction time and mental thought process is so fast, he can stick his hands in there to break up the pass, even if the receiver already has his hands on it, when most CBs are just hoping to be in position to make the tackle.

He is the best I have ever seen.

And that single play really points out one of the main reasons he is, by far, the best. His coverage is usually so tight, it takes almost a perfect throw just to get the ball into the hands of the receiver. And then, his physical reaction time and mental thought process is so fast, he can stick his hands in there to break up the pass, even if the receiver already has his hands on it, when most CBs are just hoping to be in position to make the tackle.

He is the best I have ever seen.

He never ever bites on the double move. Its really special to watch how good this guy really is.

The man is the best CB to ever play the game... I just pray Tanny finds a way to keep him a Jet his entire career without killing the team cap. He is so fast and physical... He doesn't have to bite on double moves...because he can somehow get in position while the ball is being lofted in the air and in the end, he will have a better chance at bringing it down than the receiver. Two great examples are the Branch breakup on the double move yesterday and the Ochocinco ridiculous INT in the playoffs last year.

Flat out beast.

Worth every bit of money he was asking for. Glad that he negotiated though. Revis will go down as the best shutdown corner the NFL has ever seen when its said and done.

1 year its like "okay". 2 years in a row....legit.

You know....Its not at all the time to be having this debate.... But, I still disagree with that premise. No matter how great Revis is, he will never be worth the 16 or 17m a year he was requesting. Theres too many players that are a part of this team, and CB is not a position that you lock up that kind of money in. CBs cant make players better to the same extent that a great QB and/or 5 great Olinemen can.

Still, the man is a forking beast... And im sure as hell glad we moved up in the draft to select him. Probably the best draft pick this franchise has ever had since Namath.

He never ever bites on the double move. Its really special to watch how good this guy really is.

Haha! Showing receivers trying to put moves on Revis, they look like dance partners. Revis is right there step for step as if it was choreographed.

Revis very well may be the best cover CB ever and is already a definite to be included in the conversation. He can cover as well as anybody who doesn't have the nickname Prime Time and he demolishes said player in every other aspect of being a cornerback with the exception of the ridiculous skills Deion had when the ball was in his hands. Nnamdi deserves to be in the conversation

If I had to pick one to start a team I believe I go with Revis.

NOTE: This is with the obvious exception of Cortland Finnegan... Nobody can question the fact that Cortland is the best in the league... :D

I don't think revis was heads up all game with these guys earlier in the season. maybe my memory is really faulty, but I more remember him playing a side. Also, he wasn't that great..

These last 4-6 weeks or so he's really back to form and has been lights out in the playoffs. Suprememly talented dude and it was obvious from the first snaps he took as a rookie

Archived