Even though we have a lot of FAs...

Falcon63

I just realized that we didn't even have Kris Jenkins or Jim Leonhard. I know Jenkins tore his ACL, but you always come back stronger, and he has proven that he can still play with his bum knees. As for Leonhard, when a broken leg heals, it's healed. It's not a muscle or ligament, it's a bone.

They are two of our best defensive players, and when we get them back, we'll be set.

I just realized that we didn't even have Kris Jenkins or Jim Leonhard. I know Jenkins tore his ACL, but you always come back stronger, and he has proven that he can still play with his bum knees. As for Leonhard, when a broken leg heals, it's healed. It's not a muscle or ligament, it's a bone.

They are two of our best defensive players, and when we get them back, we'll be set.

Jenkins is worthless. 7 games in two years.

And Leonhard isnt as great as everyone makes him out to be.

I think we should keep Jenkins ONLY IF he restructures. If he does, we NEED to keep him. Yes, it is a huge risk, but the reward is also huge. If he pans out and last the entire season, our run defense will have a HUGE boost. A lot of people, including myself, end up tearing the ACL in the leg where they haven't yet because they try and put all the pressure on the good knee. With two bum knees, you're back to even pressure on both knees, not putting too much pressure on one or the other. Plus, you ALWAYS come back stronger after a torn ACL, unless you're a lazy a$$ b^tch, which Jenkins is not.

Not how I remember it.

vet minimum...incentive contract....worth a shot. But you cant really expect anything. You cant teach that type of size....he'll eventually get hurt, but its probably worth taking a flier.

No way then he takes a roster spot and the NYJETS fail to find a decent replacement. He needs to be gone.

No way then he takes a roster spot and the NYJETS fail to find a decent replacement. He needs to be gone.

I like Matt's vet minimum idea, but I can't help by just want to be done with him.

It pisses me off. If he was only healthy he would have wrecked havok on the Steelers back-up Center.

The Jets desperately need to get better and younger in the Front 7.

IMHO we restructure Kris Jenkins' contract, and use him to aide in bringing in his brother Cullen Jenkins DE on GB who will be a FA.

Think we really just need to focus on depth through the draft and filling in our secondary with more ball-hawk type players. Really unsure if we re-sign Cro or go after Nnamdi....we'll just have to wait and see...this ******* sucks

I would like big jenks back if he takes the vet min and is used in a situational role, sort of what Taylor was supposed to do this year. His body simply cannot withstand a full NFL season, but he would be invaluable in the postseason. There's zero doubt in my mind that if he were playing either at Indy last year or Pitt this year that we wouldn't have made it to one of the SBs, he's just that freakishly talented. But that's the fact of the matter; if he could have stayed healthy, he'd still most likely be with Carolina and being talked about as one of the best defensive lineman of all time.

Archived