Super Bowl Sunday a Bittersweet Day For Jets Fans

JetNation

jets.gif

As most of the country anxiously anticipates Super Bowl Sunday, I for one can honestly care less about Sunday’s game.  Don’t get me wrong I love the National Football League and the mega entertainment event that is the Super Bowl, but for me the Jets loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game has drained my football emotions.

I still cannot fathom how the Jets could come out flat for an entire half of an AFC Championship game after beating the “All-World” New England Patriots.  (You know the Patriot team that has the Offensive Player of the Year, NFL MVP, and Coach of the Year)

I still cannot get over the fact that the officials deemed Mark Sanchez’ forward pass a fumble, which of course resulted in a touchdown.  Then again why would the Jets be passing in that situation (late 2nd quarter) instead of just running out the clock in order to regroup at halftime?  UGH!

I still will never understand why helmet to helmet contact penalties only apply to receivers and quarterbacks and not running backs (Shonn Greene) getting blasted on the sideline.

I will never understand Brian Schottenheimer’s play calling on the goal line, which resulted in 0 points after 4 tries.  Then again if Wayne Hunter does not tip his stance…  does it ever end?

I still cannot get over defensive back Kyle Wilson dropping an interception that was begging to be picked off.

I still cannot stop believing that if Mark Sanchez and the New York Jets offense got the ball one more time, they would have marched down the field and won the game.

I still cannot get over the fact that for the second year in a row the New York Jets came up one game short of the Super Bowl.  Last year’s loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game was a depressing feeling, but this year is as bad as it gets as I honestly believe the Jets were the better team.  Watching the Pittsburgh Steelers represent the AFC is like throwing salt in the wounds of this Jets fan.

Like every other sports enthusiast I will end up watching Super Bowl XLV which will of course lead to more should haves and could haves.  Ahhh the joys of being a Jets fan.

42 years and counting.

k8q2g-30Q48

View the full article

As most of the country anxiously anticipates Super Bowl Sunday, I for one can honestly care less about Sunday’s game.

couldn't honestly care less!

See, if you can care less, then you care some. But the phrase is couldn't care less, because you care so little, it would be impossible for you to care any less!

Okay, sorry, pet peeves and all. Carry on. unsure.gif

See, if you can care less, then you care some. But the phrase is couldn't care less, because you care so little, it would be impossible for you to care any less!

I'm actually one of the guys who can appreciate it when people correct me on my bad grammar. Hess Station did it the other day and it had me thinking about it for a whole day. I hate looking like a dumbass in front of everybody...

I had that debate with Patsfantx years ago here. I agree it is could not care less, which is what I told tx. If you could care less...well you already explained it, lol.

wow I bombed on this one lol thanks for the feedback guys

Did you see the feedback on the Victor Green video yesterday on facebook? Some kid was mad that it wasn't Jets related. I had to explain to him that Victor Green played for the Jets and it was his site.

6,000 impressions and the only feedback was that. :D

I will only worry when there is no feedback at all.

Did you see the feedback on the Victor Green video yesterday on facebook? Some kid was mad that it wasn't Jets related. I had to explain to him that Victor Green played for the Jets and it was his site.

6,000 impressions and the only feedback was that. :D

I will only worry when there is no feedback at all.

LOL yeah sh$t happens I guess..

I guess it's sweet in the sense that we are perennial playoff contenders, and our young QB and coach are both far from reaching their peaks. That is sweet, if you think about it.

Good article.

thanks I was shooting for the team is making progress and one step away..but the one step away is the bitter part. Was worth a shot lol

last year was the first year I really didn't care about the super bowl...this year is no different.

maybe because the Jets had the chance to go both years and failed...so yeah I'm a little bitter.

but hey, it's superbowl sunday...just another excuse to drink :cheers:

I actually wasn't even sure if I was going to watch the game until today. Somebody asked me if I was having a SB party and I shrugged and said "sure, why not"

I really haven't gotten over that game still. What gives?

That loss got to me so much that I have stopped really watching sports and started rooting for Ron and Rand Paul instead. I need something to get me fired up. Unfortunately, the Jets fire me up the most, just to let it all come crashing down.

Well, there's always next year. At least we got Sanchez and Rex.

Archived